What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Should Football Have Video Referees?

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Poll: Video Referees?
Yes
No
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
Should Football Have Video Referees?
Author: Message:
Jhrono
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Should Football Have Video Referees?
quote:
Originally posted by monster.rat
Pedro Mendes
I heard that, and once again a portuguese...is this a coincidence!? bla...
06-19-2005 10:30 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Zephyr

monster.rat

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Johny
quote:
Originally posted by monster.rat
Pedro Mendes
I heard that, and once again a portuguese...is this a coincidence!? bla...

So you're thinking there's a conspiracy against Potuguese players?

Maybe you're right. They're not bringing in video refs because they want to cheat against Portuguese footballers, lol.

Anyway, I know how you must have felt after being disallowed your goal. I hope it's just a matter of time before they bring the videos in.
[Image: rhcpsig38tj.png]
06-19-2005 10:46 PM
SikStyles

DeathCult

34 / Male / Flag
actually video referees wudnt do such a good job because when there is something really confusing happening then the referees would have to watch the video in slow motion over and over again..this would waste time..and look how many "accidents" happen during soccer..u can watch the video during the game behind a table but the cameras..there wud have to be a lot of them because the field is big and to cover up the whole area wud cost money and maybe some cases putting cameras near fields and that would also mean soccerballs/players run into cameras and knock them down

its 50/50 actually
they both have pluses and minuses
06-19-2005 11:09 PM
Zephyr

monster.rat

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by SikStyles
actually video referees wudnt do such a good job because when there is something really confusing happening then the referees would have to watch the video in slow motion over and over again..this would waste time..and look how many "accidents" happen during soccer..u can watch the video during the game behind a table but the cameras..there wud have to be a lot of them because the field is big and to cover up the whole area wud cost money and maybe some cases putting cameras near fields and that would also mean soccerballs/players run into cameras and knock them down

its 50/50 actually
they both have pluses and minuses

Well, they have brought it into some sports already, such as Rugby. Yes, there are delays while the referees check, but people get used to them.

If it was brought into football, the referee wouldn't have to use it all the time. Maybe only for on the goal line when there is controversy about goals. If the game was stopped for every foul, that would just ruin the game. These goal line accidents, don't happen very often in the game. Maybe whethere or not goals are offside  could be decided by a video, if the referee isn't sure.
[Image: rhcpsig38tj.png]
06-19-2005 11:15 PM
Maniac

Posts including T&T: 1684

36 / Male / –
You guys talking about soccer right? :refuck:

I think it's stupid NOT to have video referees... why not? I don't see anything against it... but they still won't use it :confused:

Just today i watched Brasil vs Mexico (omg i saw a soccer game!!!!) and a penalty had to be shot three times and the third time it was missed... but it should have been done yet again cause some guy apparently did something wrong which the referee didn't see.... anyways this is soccer i should just retreat before i say something dumb :p
[Image: maniacsig0pb.jpg]
*It took Jesus 3 days to respawn! Talk about lag!* :rofl:
06-19-2005 11:43 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
As a soccer player myself ( AA team, high caliber :D )

I would really say yes, but as a reff ( I used to reff ) I would say no.

The reasons being

as a player, u usually see everything, cuz u onlyl care about the ball

as a reff, you have to chek everything around, so weither u want it or not, you ARE going to miss somethings

now if youre talking about goals havig crossed the line.. well.. ye that wouldnt hurt.. but what about hand balls? and fouls which sometimes can also be critical to the game?

if you have to stop everytime to check if the ball was out of not.. just the 10 secs it takes to review, that would personally make me like soccer a lot less than I do.. soccer is a 90 mins game.. 45 startight, added time, 45 straight added time.. thats what so cool about it, there are no stops like american football or bball which the 2 last mins can sometimes last an easy 15..
06-20-2005 01:45 AM
shine
Veteran Member

Recharging......

49 / Male / –
We already have that in Cricket and it works fine... Yes of cousre you need them only in extreme cases, not in every issue that happend on field
06-20-2005 01:46 AM
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by shine
We already have that in Cricket and it works fine... Yes of cousre you need them only in extreme cases, not in every issue that happend on field

but a minor foul can lead to winning the game.. this is the problem.. if we put videos watching the line.. then its not fair cuz there might have been a handball in the box..
06-20-2005 02:01 AM
paperless
Veteran Member

Saved by the bell

34 / Male / Flag
I am against because mistakes are part of life and dont we also like when the mistakes are done in our favor?

Oh well this will only be the start to in the future we start seeing robot players who dont make mistakes as well...

BTW i have a friend named Pedro Mendes :P

This post was edited on 06-20-2005 at 02:21 AM by paperless.
06-20-2005 02:05 AM
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by paperless
Oh well this will only be the start to in the future we start seeing robot players who dont make mistakes as well...

lol well FIFA is developping a new kind of soccer ball.. it would have a kind of chip in it so that it could tell when the ball passed the goal line..
06-20-2005 02:10 AM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: