What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » What music do u like.Come and chat

Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 » Last »
What music do u like.Come and chat
Author: Message:
wacky

Chromo :wink:

– / – / Flag
RE: What music do u like.Come and chat
Bah, I'm a metalhead.. I like real metal. Nu-metal.. bleh :-/ more like death/black/heavy metal that i like. I like crust, um.. some punk-rock (The Casualties, The Exploited, not what some consider punk like Good Charlotte :-/), a bit of blues, some rock and uhhh.. grindcore, and most cores :-/ gothic rock is awsome too.
07-04-2005 04:21 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Purity
Veteran Member

AngelFuck

34 / Female / –
quote:
Originally posted by wacky
Bah, I'm a metalhead.. I like real metal. Nu-metal.. bleh :-/ more like death/black/heavy metal that i like. I like crust, um.. some punk-rock (The Casualties, The Exploited, not what some consider punk like Good Charlotte :-/), a bit of blues, some rock and uhhh.. grindcore, and most cores :-/ gothic rock is awsome too.
Yea, you have an awsome taste in music. :P

Wanna of the main reasons i think your kewl.
[Image: puritysig8.jpg/]
www.purity.toastednet.org
07-04-2005 04:52 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
wacky

– / – / Flag
heh thanks. :chrongue: I believe that people who like anything that I dont like, are people that arent musicly developped :-/ I mean, some music, well.. isn't even music. Like pop (most) is music made on comp and they take someone's voice and add it on and then they edit it to make it nice and during their shows, they do lipsing. :rolleyes: rap is similar. Its a made up beat on comp(no real music) and they add words that rhyme that talk about sex, money and fame. Of course, not all but most and since its most, I will hate it :chrongue: Music I listen to has taught me things, made me smarter, and any music that has that effect means good music. Also enjoyment. If the music you listen to has made you enjoy it, then good. It made it's job. So I can't say anything at all against it. :wink:
07-04-2005 05:02 AM
Purity
Veteran Member

AngelFuck

34 / Female / –
I agree with every word you said.  The music i listen to has made me smarter, thought smart about things.  I'm really do hate rap, I like 1 or 2 songs of the beastie boys but still, it got so rediculous, so many new rappers started coming in starting singing about stupid stuff. 

I don't see how pop and rap music is music really, it's just a bunch of random mixed beats from other songs etc...I just don't like it thats the main point!...

I think people need to open their ears and listen to the lyrics in alot of songs, they actually sing about something, they make it all.  Most metal and punk bands have something to say in their music, unlike rap/pop, all about sex and bustin bullets and shit.  I like political music.

Well said wax. :wink:

Go on msn. :sad:

This post was edited on 07-04-2005 at 05:11 AM by Purity.
07-04-2005 05:08 AM
wacky

– / – / Flag
a lot of pop actually do have something to say. I like Phil Collins, for instance. Nice voice, relaxing and he actually did real music. But of course, most now a days are just plain crap and they need feminin bodies to sell, because, like everyone knows, sex sells. Again, there's always something bad to say about every genre. Like punk. Some is all about drinking and having fun. Sure it entertains me but it talks about crap. The music is easy to play too. Can't say it's real music either. But other bands talk with real words, explain how the world lives, makes you think about stuff. They talk about the real world, not some fake money licking people world. And metal.. what's to say about it. It's heavy, but THIS is music. You NEED to know how to play to play metal. Guitar solos, fast rythms, etc. Black metal is poetic, heavy metal can be more entertaining. And yeah.. Don't ask why I started talking about all this. :$

I dont wanna go on right now :sad:
07-04-2005 05:19 AM
Purity
Veteran Member

AngelFuck

34 / Female / –
Me and you think exactly the same. :wink:

Ya these bands sing about every day life, war, famine, etc... They have something to say.

If it wasn't for sex rap and pop wouldn't be so alive, like you said sex sells.

Erm, i wanna say more, but i don't know what else to say, you've said pretty much what i would say. :sad:

quote:
I dont wanna go on right now:sad: 
alright...

* Purity crys

:P

This post was edited on 07-04-2005 at 05:27 AM by Purity.
07-04-2005 05:23 AM
Gorillaz2-D

Gorillaz

30 / Male / –
O.P. RE: What music do u like.Come and chat
damn u all r real cool i luv almost all music talked about here
Citys breaking down on a camels back. they just have to go coz they dont know wack. All ya fill the streets its appealing to see. you wont get undercounted coz ur damned and free. u got a new horizon its ephemaral style. a meloncholy town where we never smile. and all i wanna here is the message beep my dreams they got a kissin cause i dont get sleep no....
07-04-2005 04:49 PM
Garndell

Welcome to Elvie's World!!!

40 / Male / –
The Exploited are great, I got a couple of their albums signed at gigs.  Also classic Punk like X-Ray Specs are worth listening to.

My Chemical Romance are down in Portsmouth on November 2nd, i'm tempted to go see them.
[Image: c2-garndell.jpg]
07-04-2005 05:01 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Purity
Veteran Member

AngelFuck

34 / Female / –
I have song more to add...

The buzzcocks
The Cult
The stills
Tool
The only ones

Thanks wax
07-05-2005 09:27 AM
dotNorma
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
quote:
heh thanks. :chrongue: I believe that people who like anything that I dont like, are people that arent musicly developped :-/ I mean, some music, well.. isn't even music. Like pop (most) is music made on comp and they take someone's voice and add it on and then they edit it to make it nice and during their shows, they do lipsing. :rolleyes: rap is similar. Its a made up beat on comp(no real music) and they add words that rhyme that talk about sex, money and fame. Of course, not all but most and since its most, I will hate it :chrongue: Music I listen to has taught me things, made me smarter, and any music that has that effect means good music. Also enjoyment. If the music you listen to has made you enjoy it, then good. It made it's job. So I can't say anything at all against it. :wink:

Total agreement. It takes very little talent to make some of the crap people listen to. I like music with meaning, Norma Jean, They have talent and their songs are dead poetic. Their lyrics are like poetry, they use symbolism and it takes something more to get the meaning they are trying to get accross. Their style is a heavy metalish, so you might like them.
07-07-2005 06:42 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: