What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » how can i found out if i will be able to install a new video card?

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
how can i found out if i will be able to install a new video card?
Author: Message:
squall_leonhart69r
Banned

37 / – / –
RE: how can i found out if i will be able to install a new video card?
i've found countless motherboards using the ID number, its not hard, you just gotta work out how much of the id people actually use when they are after help,

and the pink square connecter is his LPT port,

but its not pink its purple

his video port is underneath the printer port, and he thinks thats what his video card is,

there was only 1 model of mobo which asus released with the goldfish 2 chipset,

the other 2 were goldfish1 and goldfish 3,

and its not hard to compare markings on a motherboard to those of a picture

i've already checked out other manu's and they don't have models of the goldfish 2,

EDIT*
PTGD1-LA  <<thats the mobo model number, see if that helps

This post was edited on 06-29-2005 at 02:07 PM by squall_leonhart69r.
06-29-2005 02:04 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by squall_leonhart69r
i've found countless motherboards using the ID number, its not hard, you just gotta work out how much of the id people actually use when they are after help,
I said "SERIAL NUMBER", not "type number id". Reread my posts before replying please...

SERIAL NUMBERS can't be found on the net...

quote:
and the pink square connecter is his LPT port,
but its not pink its purple
??????????
1) then why does he say "pink"
2) a graphics card isn't plugged in, in a LPT port. We asked him to look on his mobo where his graphic card was inserted
3) even a sub-D 25 pin plug isn't square, but rectangular.

quote:
and its not hard to compare markings on a motherboard to those of a picture
This is so wrong!!!! And also, as I said, they often use the same picture for the same mobo's, yet, there could be tiny differences...

So unless, he himself, provides us the exact type number id, all we can do is make guesses.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-29-2005 02:13 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
squall_leonhart69r
Banned

37 / – / –
the mobo is a GoldFish2

there is only one goldfish 2

NO OTHERS
please can you try and understand this

PTGD1-LA covers all 3 goldfish boards, and they are all customised for either HP or Compaq

the goldfish2 is the one i gave to him, and this is his board, if you have trouble grasping at this then ask him when he posts next,

the Monitor plug is UNDERNEATH THE LPT PORT, which is why i said he thinks its a pink slot, and you can easily mistake pink for purple, anyways i was wrong about that and i know why he says pink, most integrated graphics these days use a pink socket, atleast most of the p4 ones at my school had a pink video socket,

please don't argue with me on this, when it comes to identifying motherboards, i do this on a regular basis, and i haven't been wrong yet,

and to your other question, Everest Home, doesn't tell what john andertons motherboard is, im still scanning on SERIAL NUMBERS, which is what i use to find mobos out when i don't have the model id
06-29-2005 02:54 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: how can i found out if i will be able to install a new video card?
quote:
the goldfish2 is the one i gave to him, and this is his board, if you have trouble grasping at this then ask him when he posts next,
I don't have any problems grasping anything. I do have problems with people who come in and start "suggesting" away, while there is still no certainty. I have here a whole bunch of links for the TheMusicPirate and I even phoned (yes! phoned) Asus and HP before you came along, but I'll wait until I'm certain about something before I post something. As I said, it might be the case that this is his board, but why don't you just wait before he gives the type number ID which is on his mobo, before posting anything? And this is also exactly what I asked you about before: "How can you search for an ID when you don't have an ID?" because at that time of posting, the ID number was still not known! And the things I've said about not trusting on pics alone is also general common sense. Also, if TheMusicPirate doesn't know the difference between a graphics card for inside the computer case and a small plug from outside the computer case, then how do you expect that he can answer legitly on "is this your motherboard?" with a vague picture which is also used for other models????

I'm not the one who comes in rushing with all the guessed answers instead of patiently waiting for correct information.

quote:
please don't argue with me on this, when it comes to identifying motherboards, i do this on a regular basis, and i haven't been wrong yet,
I've seen you said this in other threads as well, yet you also say many wrong things... This time your guess can be correct (as I've found also the same info as you BEFORE you posted here...), but in previous arguments, where you also said "I know what I'm talking about", you also have been prooven more then once very wrong. And in this thread there are also some things which you are wrong about.

quote:
and to your other question, Everest Home, doesn't tell what john andertons motherboard is, im still scanning on SERIAL NUMBERS, which is what i use to find mobos out when i don't have the model id
Do you know what a serial number is? This is NOT the type number id of a motherboard and you can not find a product like that by searching on the serial number, unless you have access to every manufacturers private database...

This post was edited on 06-29-2005 at 03:21 PM by CookieRevised.
06-29-2005 03:05 PM
squall_leonhart69r
Banned

37 / – / –
its not the type number

the serial number is your own personal number of a motherboard BUT, by using the first few numbers you can normally find the match online, i did this for my AK77 400gn and it pulled up every single problem the board has, (theres a bug in my via chip which locks up any agp transfers when at 8x)

still there is only 1 Goldfish 2 available and when it comes to motherboards, i don't report back untill i've gotten every bit of detail i can, and have all the info needed

but anyways i know what serial numbers are and if you know which numbers to pick in a serial number you can find what your looking for.

ps, i know somethings i've said are wrong, but i usually get the data from supposedly trusted sources, such as ngo admin regeneration

i can only go on the information given to me at the time, but it seems we both have the same problem, that being we both need to be right all the time, which just can't happen

and for a bit of advice, its usually quicker sending asus a tech support email then calling them, they can be pretty slow, not saying they will be, saying they can be.

and for your peace of mind dude, when it comes ti motherboards and video cards and cpus and cooling, i know all about this, how one mistake can wipe out a system, i always get all data i can on a matter before posting my info, its not worth risking someones machine on a bunt,

i know that a wrong flash can result in a dead mobo if they dont have a rescue bios, or wrong drivers can result in BSOD at boot,

im not all that software savvy unless your talking bout windows speed tweaks, and using TES3: Editor,

im also very with the fastest gpu scene and i keep up to date on latest drivers and driver bugs,

anyways

did you hear about intel being sued by amd??? it seems intel have finally been caught out bribing manufacturers to not deal with them, like how long has this been going on... i can remember back.. say... 6-7 yrs intel did it to apple, and via, and even ibm :O

This post was edited on 06-29-2005 at 03:29 PM by squall_leonhart69r.
06-29-2005 03:19 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
and for a bit of advice, its usually quicker sending asus a tech support email then calling them, they can be pretty slow, not saying they will be, saying they can be.
Thank you but no thanks... The phone call went strait in, and I got my answer in 2 minutes... much faster then any email could be (and I phone companies like that on a regulary basis and phone support is in 99% cases much much faster), thank you...

This post was edited on 06-29-2005 at 03:30 PM by CookieRevised.
06-29-2005 03:24 PM
squall_leonhart69r
Banned

37 / – / –
well as long as he gets all the right information,

i take helping people seriously

and yes there is times there where i argue just for the sake of it, even when im wrong,

i have ADHD OCD and ODD

which means im as stubborn as hell and seeing as im capricorn, im worse off then the most stubborn mountain goat

anyways, whats the verdict

This post was edited on 06-29-2005 at 05:21 PM by squall_leonhart69r.
06-29-2005 03:59 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: