What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Sponsor program

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
Poll: Should Patchou change the sponsor program?
Yes he should change it to something better
No I disagree with this whole idea
PAtchou should keep the sponsor and add things to make more money
Patchou should keep the sponsor but if he finds something better that could give off more revenue change it
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
Note: This is a public poll; other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Sponsor program
Author: Message:
dreaded

RE: Sponsor program
I see the poll got changed. I would change the last one though about giving off more revenue. I would change it to say the same revenue or enough revenue to keep going like it has. Why more if say for example the 20 seconds of adds brought in the same amount of money as the sponsor or just a little bit less but still plenty of money to do everything and keep the things the way they are now.
06-19-2005 11:15 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Zephyr

monster.rat

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by dreaded
I see the poll got changed. I would change the last one though about giving off more revenue. I would change it to say the same revenue or enough revenue to keep going like it has. Why more if say for example the 20 seconds of adds brought in the same amount of money as the sponsor or just a little bit less but still plenty of money to do everything and keep the things the way they are now.

Well, Patchou is probably fine with the revenue at the moment, otherwise he would have changed it. If he finds something else which appears to give the same revenue, why change it? It might end up not giving the same, even a lot less.

The only way IMO Patchou will change it is if he can be sure that something else can create more money.
[Image: rhcpsig38tj.png]
06-19-2005 11:21 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
dreaded

I was saying for the poll in another words instead of it saying Patchou should keep the sponsor but if he finds something better that could give off more revenue change it
to
Patchou should keep the sponsor but if he finds something better that could give the same amount of revenue change it
As far as something appearing to give enough revenue and it actually doesnt is a chance you take one he took with c2media. Like I said I siad it for the poll change it for the poll. As far as changing this is what this poll is for to see what people think. I think if he could find another method and still bring in the same or about the same amount money he should. Might get back on download.com and might get more people to try it and give it another chance and change minds and get some of the people that trash msg plus so bad to stop. For the record I love msg plus and will always use it as long as I have option to install the sponsor and it doesnt install ad or spyware without my permission.
06-19-2005 02:39 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Sponsor program
quote:
Originally posted by dreaded
Why would I change it? its fine how it is....Im sure Patchou wouldnt take it off and change it to something else if it brings of enough revenue but a bit less...wutz the use? hes trying to get money out of this so you know...
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
06-19-2005 06:46 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
This whole idea should just be dropped and the thread be removed. Patchou is not going to find anything better to use period. C2Media paied for the server in which we use for these forums. From what I know they paied for the sound servers (initially... I think). They listened to Patchou's requests to remove adult oriented material and so on. Please lets just drop this subject and accept that the sponsor wont change unless Patchou won a lot of money from the lotery and never had to work again.
06-19-2005 08:05 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Here is my input on this matter: C2Media has always been a very good partner and there's currently no reason for me to re-evaluate the situation. It's not a question of money (I earn my lifewith Messenger Plus! now but this has never been the primary goal of the software), it's more a question of relationship.

There will always be people who complain about anythign I may do in the software, the simple fact that most current complains are based on distorded facts (or complete lies)proves it. Don't worry, the sponsor will always be an option :).

PS: no, they don't pay for the sound servers :).

This post was edited on 06-21-2005 at 05:39 AM by Patchou.
[Image: signature2.gif]
06-19-2005 09:36 PM
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Sponsor program
I'm happy that Patchou put his input in this. It cleared up a few things. But does anyone know if c2media has a website for their sponsor programs?
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
07-01-2005 01:53 PM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: