What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Is it True?

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Is it True?
Author: Message:
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Is it True?
Yeh i try to keep form being from illegal as possible i try not to become an ultrapeer, and i try to stay hidden as most as i cant. Charging the millions of people who use limewire would make the music industry so rich that it would not matter to sell music, they are just setting examples of people so they stop using them :P Also it really aimed at people who are mass downloaders
06-29-2005 06:11 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
Also it really aimed at people who are mass downloaders
Very true. A lot of people either download a different version of a song they haven't got, or a new song from an album as a sample. They then proceed to buy the album. I know, as I've bought many albums after downloading a song or two. True, initially I broke copyright law, but then paid for guaranteed quality.

If it wasn't for P2P, then I wouldn't have got into rock music the way I have, and several bands would have made a few quid less :P
[Image: spartaafk.png]
06-29-2005 06:33 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Purity
Veteran Member

AngelFuck

34 / Female / –
quote:
Originally posted by Saving Purity,May 21 2005, 08:51 PM

Sersiouly people, I know for a god damn fact that downloading AND uploading music in CANADA is NOT illegal, the RIAA(w.e they are called) will not do **** about it.  It's not illegal, I watched the news when they ruled that it was LEGAL to upload and download music in Canada. 

BUT

Now the federal goverment is signing two treaties to hold the rights of artists and musicians.

2003 NEWS

Edit: It is legal to download music in Canada but is Illegal to upload it

Sources: http://www.techspot.com/story9499.html
              http://news.com.com/2100-1025_3-5121479.html?tag=nefd_lede
Edit:   2004 NEWS
EDIT:  MORE 2004 NEWS

What i've been looking for.
Source: http://www.slyck.com/news.php?story=509

This means that Downloading and Uploading are infact legal in Canada.

I don't like to download music of my favorite bands, because it is non-supportive.  But they still get most of the money from tours and merch.  Lil comes from the album.   I do download music, but not excessivley.
[right][snapback]62473[/snapback][/right]

just a post i made in mess.be forums.

But thats for canada, the us is like screwed!

And i hope limewire doesn't go down.
I'll still have my shareaza,torrents, and warez p2p but it's just rediculous

The artists say they are losing money on record sales, but the thing is they aren't losing money, at least from me, I wouldn't 'buy' the cd in the first place, they can be so expensive at times.

besides artsist only make 10-15% of the profits.
[Image: puritysig8.jpg/]
www.purity.toastednet.org
06-29-2005 07:08 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Purity
But they still get most of the money from tours and merch. Lil comes from the album.
I'm afraid that this is certainly not true. Most of the money does come from record sales!!!

quote:
he artists say they are losing money on record sales, but the thing is they aren't losing money
I'm sorry but this kind of argument is the most widespread and used among the youth, and it is also so wrong. Be sure that they do loose money because of it...

quote:
(...) at least from me, I wouldn't 'buy' the cd in the first place, they can be so expensive at times.
1) Then why download it if you didn't wanted the album
2) The reason why they are expensive isn't only because of profit margins. Illegal sharing/ distributing/ downloading/ whatever is also a big money "spender".

quote:
besides artsist only make 10-15% of the profits.
So? What's that suppose to mean? This means that you can illegally purchase anything you like because the copyright owner only gets a small percentage? I would like to know how you would feel about this when you're older and work full time and when they cut your salery by 10% each month because... what's 10% percent, nothing, right?...

-------

And I like to add that if you download something from most P2P networks you automatically share/upload stuff also (as I explained before).

This post was edited on 06-29-2005 at 09:54 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-29-2005 09:51 PM
Purity
Veteran Member

AngelFuck

34 / Female / –
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
1) Then why download it if you didn't wanted the album
2) The reason why they are expensive isn't only because of profit margins. Illegal sharing/ distributing/ downloading/ whatever is also a big money "spender".
I would download the music because I liked it and it's free, I often feel bad for downloading music, But I still payed the price for all of hte songs i have with posters dvds etc, I don't like to download dvds onto my computer, Takes too much time.  Sometimes not worth it.

I can see that they are expensive because of that but if they were cheeper people wouldn't have to download so much.

There will always be pirating of music and software.
[Image: puritysig8.jpg/]
www.purity.toastednet.org
06-29-2005 11:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pipish

not really active anymore.

31 / Male / Flag
i'm not going to say anything cause you never know whos watching this htread :|
:p

but i tend to download smaller known p2p networks they do the job and have no pron in your search results :|
[Image: fcliverpoolfan2xo.gif]
[Image: roosters4yg.jpg]
06-29-2005 11:53 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
paperless
Veteran Member

Saved by the bell

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Pipish
i'm not going to say anything cause you never know whos watching this htread
You can use the term "buy" :P
06-30-2005 12:52 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Is it True?
quote:
I would download the music because I liked it and it's free, I often feel bad for downloading music, But I still payed the price for all of hte songs i have with posters dvds etc
No you didn't... you payed for the posters and dvd's, not for the songs/cd's!

Try that argument in a store and you'll be kicked out...

quote:
I can see that they are expensive because of that but if they were cheeper people wouldn't have to download so much.
ermmm... right...

One of the reasons that they are expensive is because people pirate them. Not the other way around! The prices will go down a bit if people stopped pirating stuff, they aren't going down just for the sake of it and so people wont have to download it anymore...

quote:
There will always be pirating of music and software.
true

-----------------

I'm not going to rant to everyone not to download illegal stuff and not to pirate stuff. But please don't use false or twisted arguments or wrong rumours to justify your doings...

This post was edited on 06-30-2005 at 02:15 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-30-2005 02:13 AM
SikStyles

DeathCult

34 / Male / Flag
so what are the chances of u gettin caught? i buy CD's when i have money and i do it to respect the artist whoever made the album because they put dedication and their time in it..and i hate when ppl work and dont get money for what they made..but yes i confess i've downloaded music but for the lack of money thats all
06-30-2005 03:36 AM
brian

– / Male / –
Well for me, and you may not believe me, but I do buy after I download it..  Take CS: Source as an example, I liked the game, but at once, I though, if people kept on using cracked versions, never we are going to have better games from that company, so I bought it, and if where-ever Firefox goes for money, I would pay for it, becuase it deserves it.
06-30-2005 03:38 AM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: