What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » New Tabs...

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
New Tabs...
Author: Message:
SJr.

O.P. New Tabs...
hi!
how could I make my own tabs without using StuffPlug-NG???
07-06-2005 05:05 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: New Tabs...
quote:
Originally posted by SJr.
hi!
how could I make my own tabs without using StuffPlug-NG???

well you could if you progamed it yourself but afaik no other plugin does this :S
07-06-2005 05:17 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Grue

– / Male / –
You could use TabServe.
http://ts.msnfanatic.com/

It is a little different then stuffplug. It is not a plugin for plus! but a patch. You patch your messenger then make an account on the site and login to change/delete/add your tabs then you just restart messenger to see them.
07-06-2005 05:27 PM
SJr.

O.P. RE: New Tabs...
thanks for the answers =D... but, i´d like to program in vb6, because I have a website and I like show the news in one tab =D... anyone can help me to program???

tnks again
07-07-2005 12:06 AM
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
thanks for the answers =D... but, i´d like to program in vb6, because I have a website and I like show the news in one tab =D... anyone can help me to program???

tnks again

You don't need to program anything... its simply a matter of editing a config file in someplace :P

Just use tabserve.
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
07-07-2005 12:12 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:

tnks again
As people have pointed out, you don't need to program anything.

You only need to create a custom tab and link to that tab by patching msn messenger. To do this patching use TabServe, it is especially made for that.

A tab is nothing more then a fully MSIE compatible HTML page.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-07-2005 12:29 AM
SJr.

O.P. RE: New Tabs...
hmm... i got it... but........... there's some way to do that without TabServe??? example: one setup (ex.: tab.exe), and then this setup create this new tab and put my news on it... I know that I´m being, ah, boring.... but, I´d like to share this tab with my friend.... and, I´d like to make as easiest as possible to them add this new tab too, that´s the reason that I insist in create a setup.... thanks for all the answers... (sorry about my bad english =///)
07-07-2005 04:17 AM
~INVASION~
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
if you used tabserv, and want your friend to use the same tabs, tell him to run the patch and when insert email page comes up, tell hime to enter your email.

thats how you 2 would get the same tabs, ive done it with a few other peoples emails to see their tabs (A)

edit: didnt read your post clear enough but it could still work, just make a tab using tabserv, theres instructions on the site, then just add your own tab to your list and do what i said above :)

This post was edited on 07-07-2005 at 06:44 AM by ~INVASION~.
{WindowsLive Butterfly ~ 2006 - 2009}
07-07-2005 06:41 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ~INVASION~
if you used tabserv, and want your friend to use the same tabs, tell him to run the patch and when insert email page comes up, tell hime to enter your email.

thats how you 2 would get the same tabs, ive done it with a few other peoples emails to see their tabs (A)
That is not the proper way to do it and this is even not recommended and accounts have been suspended before because of this! If you want to share tabs, either simply give the link of the tab to you friend so he can add it himself in his OWN TabServe account, or report the tab for public listing (but it needs to be a decent well created tab for this).

quote:
hmm... i got it... but........... there's some way to do that without TabServe??? example: one setup (ex.: tab.exe), and then this setup create this new tab and put my news on it... I know that I´m being, ah, boring....
No, you always need something, either TabServe or either StuffPlug (if that option still exists in there, dunno). It will not come by itself...

TabServe is simply a one time patch you need to execute. And StuffPlug (if the options still exists there) needs also a simple setting you must do once... easier then that isn't possible...

quote:
but, I´d like to share this tab with my friend.... and, I´d like to make as easiest as possible to them add this new tab too,
TabServe (and Stuffplug also) is extremely easy to use...

This post was edited on 07-07-2005 at 09:49 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-07-2005 09:44 AM
~INVASION~
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by ~INVASION~

That is not the proper way to do it and this is even not recommended and accounts have been suspended before because of this! If you want to share tabs, either simply give the link of the tab to you friend so he can add it himself in his OWN TabServe account, or report the tab for public listing (but it needs to be a decent well created tab for this).
wow i didnt even know you couldnt share, seems it would work fine but i guess i can see why people wouldnt want their tabs to be seen, IMO they should figure out a way to fix that so its prevented.

doesnt matter to me anymore tho i just use stuffplug
{WindowsLive Butterfly ~ 2006 - 2009}
07-07-2005 09:49 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: