What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Display Picture Manager 2!

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Display Picture Manager 2!
Author: Message:
Destruction

dsoft-network.net

– / Male / –
O.P. Grin  Display Picture Manager 2!
Hey guys, well this is my first MSN Messenger project since I lost all my data to the format, I even questioned my own desire to continue programming these sorts of things because of losing such things like personality messenger but here is it!

The first info and screenshots first hand on Display Picture Manager 2

all the info can be found here! enjoy!

Link here!

Any questions will be welcome...

I also need beta testers, email me at the email address on that link if you are interested.

Thanks!

EDITED!

Well it seems that link is now very reliable so here, I have attached the info below.

quote:
Version 2 is started from scratch after the hard drive format.

Well it's been a very difficult few weeks seen as I lost all my software and existing projects but I have come up strong and have decided my first new MSN Messenger add-on to come out of the D-Soft 2005 catalogue is Display Picture Manager 2. I felt version 1 made great grounds and was a very well liked product so this version will hopefully continue that with the right publicity.

What's new in this version I can hear you ask? Well it's all new, a new look, a new start and new features.

As you can see it has a new look, a very organised, professional look and everything has been made so much easier as you can see from the screenshots. Some of the improvements are listed below;
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A new professional interface with a simple menu down the left hand side.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A more organised structure which is more reliable and more effective with plenty more error checks
Some of the new features include;
Status assignment. You can now assign a picture to a status then once you change to that status your picture will also change, this can be turned on and off easily and the assignments of pictures can be removed and added effectively.
Picture preview. You are now able to preview your pictures before selection and they are viewed in a display picture size to help selection.
Slideshow preview. You can now see the current selected images for your slideshow in a preview mode down the left hand side. This make it easy to single out a picture to remove and configure.
These are only a few of the new features and improvements as you will see there are many many more. We are also going to work on being able to save a slideshow which can easily be done but we are just thinking of the best way to do it. If you are interested in becoming a beta tester for this product then just email us at the following address: admin@messenger-extreme.com

.gif File Attachment: slideshow.gif (48.58 KB)
This file has been downloaded 484 time(s).

This post was edited on 07-08-2005 at 11:11 PM by Destruction.
07-08-2005 10:53 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Zephyr

monster.rat

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Display Picture Manager 2!
It looks great and well done on going back to make the program after losing it all. (Y)
[Image: rhcpsig38tj.png]
07-08-2005 11:08 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Ezra
Veteran Member

Forgiveness is between them and God

37 / Male / Flag
Why does it say: There's no point in regreting because you cannot change the past?
[Image: 1-0.png]

07-08-2005 11:39 PM
Destruction

dsoft-network.net

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Display Picture Manager 2!
That is just something personal.
07-09-2005 08:16 AM
user27089
Disabled Account

The user interface seems very crammed, and the colours don't go well at all, it won't be good for the visually impaired...

Try making the background colours darker, and the text lighter if it's darker, or just darken the text.

Other than that, it seems like a good program. (y).
07-09-2005 08:19 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Yeh looks great i also see messenger extreme is up (y)
07-09-2005 09:29 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Destruction

dsoft-network.net

– / Male / –
quote:
The user interface seems very crammed, and the colours don't go well at all, it won't be good for the visually impaired...

Try making the background colours darker, and the text lighter if it's darker, or just darken the text.

Other than that, it seems like a good program.

noted. I am still playing around with different parts but glad to hear your comments!

quote:
Yeh looks great i also see messenger extreme is up

Hell yeah! official website for Display Picture Manager 2 & any future products will go on there which I create. Link here!
07-09-2005 09:11 PM
ProblemWv Authority

34 / Male / Flag
Wow, looks good! So this allows you to make your MSN Messenger Display Picture a slide show? If so very cool!:D Could I put this on my site?
www.myspace.com/farewellcity
07-09-2005 09:19 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Destruction

dsoft-network.net

– / Male / –
OK guys, I have decided to give you all a chance at being testers and this product will be sent out to you immediately.

I will not be putting a download link on here because I want  feedback from the people I give it to like problems found, suggestions etc. so if you want a copy then best thing to do is probably send me a private message on here then i can send you a dowmload link that way I know who has a copy.

I have also added new screenshots for you all to enjoy, I think you should check them out!

I have uploaded the screenshots below.

I think I should explain a few of the new changes which I have yet to tell you about.

Friendly Name Assignments

You can set a certain image to a friendly name so if your friendly name says a certain thing then your display picture will automatically change to the assigned image.

Status Assignments

Like the above but with a status, once you change your status to a certain one then your display picture will automatically change as well.

Slideshow Intervals

This time I have added a couple of built-in intervals for you seen as the last one caused abit of confusion.

There are many other changes and improvements just play around with the program and let me know what you think.

.zip File Attachment: dpscreenshots.zip (252.78 KB)
This file has been downloaded 320 time(s).
07-22-2005 08:14 AM
Destruction

dsoft-network.net

– / Male / –
http://www.messenger-extreme.com/site/modules.php...s&d_op=getit&lid=9

ok guys, i have finally got it released!!!

The link to download is atthe top of this post as you can see, I hope you enjoy it, I have worked hard on this project and would welcome your comments!

if you get stuck then just post here or send me a private message!

enjoy :)
07-25-2005 06:15 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: