What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Faults in the Plus! FAQ by Sypher

Faults in the Plus! FAQ by Sypher
Author: Message:
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. Faults in the Plus! FAQ by Sypher
First, thank you Sypher, its a good idea to make a general FAQ, with problems we often see here, and is a good resource for people new to helping, or people who want quick help; so I'm sorry to be a drag, but there's a few flaws in the FAQ, also I'm not doing this just to put members down or anything, just I'd prefer not to cause any confusion

quote:
Originally posted by Sypher
Does Msgplus have Spyware?!
Yes and No.. Msgplus has a fully OPTIONAL sponsor program, which you can install if you like to support the developer (Patchou)
Untrue, Messenger Plus can not even be said to possibly contain spyware, adware is something different.

quote:
If you want to get rid of the sponsor, Go to Software in your controle panel, uninstall Plus! and reinstall it without the sponsor..
You don't need do that. When you go to uninstall Plus you have an option to just remove the sponsor program. Which is much quicker, and requires no reinstallation. Also Sypher doesn't say to reinstall again with the sponsor program if you have pissed around with spyware\adware tools, files, or the registry to remove the sponsor program beforehand.

quote:
I want the IP of my contact!
There is no reason you need, If he wants to give his/her ip to you they have to type (!IP). You cannot get the IP at any other way...
Untrue. Please see Anubis's reply to logging chat participants IP's in chat log. Also it isn't said that your contact also needs Plus installed for them to be able to do this, and no alternative methods for your contact giving you an IP address, if they do not have Plus.

In "How do I install a Plugin?", it says to kill the Plus process, when this is never needed, true it may help a bit, but its not needed. Please correct me if I'm wrong though.
Also its missing the sometimes needed requirement to register the DLL file in your VB libarys.

Thanks for your time. Also again thanks to Sypher for a really good idea.

This post was edited on 07-21-2005 at 03:30 PM by Anubis.
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
07-21-2005 03:30 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Faults in the Plus! FAQ by Sypher
quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
In "How do I install a Plugin?", it says to kill the Plus process, when this is never needed, true it may help a bit, but its not needed. Please correct me if I'm wrong though.
Any good plugin installer will get Plus! to reload the plugins, so neither Plus! nor Messenger needs to be terminated. And plugin developers should be aware of the need to register plugins, and inclusion of such info in an FAQ intended for the average end user is not really necessary.

Is there a link to this FAQ hanging around at all?
[Image: spartaafk.png]
07-21-2005 04:39 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Dempsey
Scripting Contest Winner

http://AdamDempsey.net

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
Is there a link to this FAQ hanging around at all?

Plus! FAQ
SoundPacks   -   Scripts   -   Skins

that's not a bug, thats an unexpected feature
07-21-2005 04:47 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
Certain points were corrected/expanded. I'm not too sure how to rephrase the plugin issue.
07-21-2005 04:51 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: