What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Pages: (7): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Author: Message:
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
It is officially out in...

[Image: create.php]

I am so excited right now, here are my predictions about what i think is going to happen...

Please note that these are predictions and are not spoilers, post your predictions before midnight, and we will see who was right :p.

I am not a moderator, but please don't post what happens untill at least Monday, and if you do, clearly mark that you have posted a spoiler before you write it.

Death
I think that Dumbledore will die, it will happen about half-way through the book. He will die, because of a number of different reasons. Firstly, Dumbledore is Harry's mentor, Dumbledore has bailed Harry out of trouble in most of the books. He needs to die in the middle of book 6 because if he died at the beginning of book 6 it would set the tone of the rest of the book and the story wouldn't progress too much, if he died at the end, then there wouldn't be enough time to finish all the mourning before book 7 and if he died at the beginning of book 7, then the rest of book 7 would be about Dumbledore, when really it needs to all be about Harry. He also needs to die becuase Harry needs to realise that he is going to have to face Voldermort alone, and Dumbledore will not be bailing him out.

Spinners End
I was reading an article on mugglenet the other day, and it is very clever. JKR has said that there is a chapter called Spinners End, and this lead loads of disccussion about what it was.

[Image: jkr.JPG]

This spinner is found on the rubbish page on JK Rowling's Website, two of the arrows point to chewing gum wrappers.

While all this seems innocent enough, it is made interesting by this quote from Order of the Phoenex...

quote:
"Neville's mother had come edging down the ward in her nightdress [in St. Mungo's] She did not seem to want to speak, or perhaps she was not able to, but she made timid motions toward Neville, holding something in her outstretched hand.
"Again?" Said Mrs. Longbottom, sounding slightly weary, "Very well, Alice dear, very well-Neville, take it, whatever it is"
But Neville had already stretched out his hand, into which his mother dropped an empty Droobles Blowing Gum wrapper.
"Very nice, dear," said Neville's grandmother in a falsely cheery voice, patting his mother on the shoulder. But Neville said quietly, "Thanks Mum."
"Well, we'd better get back," sighed Mrs. Longbottom, drawing on long green gloves. "Very nice to have met you all. Neville, put that wrapper in the bin, she must have given you enough of them to paper your bedroom by now."
But as they left, Harry was sure he saw Neville slip the wrapper into his pocket."

This section lead to a huge debate about there being any significance in this innocent looking paragraph. JKR has said that she doesn't write things in the book for no reason, and she is known to leave clues on the website. This theory is further compounded by the fact that the webpage is the rubbish bin which is where Neville's grandma told him to put the gum wrappers.

Godric Gryffindor
JKR said that something he discovered in Chamber of Secrets is the key to who the Half Blood Prince is. So, in CoS he pulled out a sword from the sorting hat, and this sword was property of Godric Gryffindor, bearing in mind two things... 1) The sword was encrusted with diamonds and stuff and 2) Wizards don't really need a sword in the same way that muggles used to, since they can use wands for everything.

So, think about it, apart from battles, where else are swords used for? Royalty!, the queen knights people with her sword, so maybe the Half Blood Prince is Godric Gryffindor, also Harry's parents used to live in Godric's Hollow, before they died, and JKR has already said that there is something significant in the name.

Shipping

I think that in book 6, Ron and Hermione will get it on, but Harry will secretly love Hermione and on book 7, something major will happen, where he and Hermione hook up. But to keep him busy for book 6, he will either go out with Ginny or Luna.

Ginny can stand up to him, and is just the kind of gal to bring Harry back down to earth and put things in perspective.

Luna on the other hand has the amazing ability to be able to detatch herself from the rest of the world, and I think that Harry will need this when times get tough.

This post was edited on 07-15-2005 at 04:11 PM by saralk.
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
07-15-2005 04:09 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
RE: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
quote:
Originally posted by saralk
It is officially out in...

[Image: create.php]

I am so excited right now, here are my predictions about what i think is going to happen...

Please note that these are predictions and are not spoilers, post your predictions before midnight, and we will see who was right :p.

I am not a moderator, but please don't post what happens untill at least Monday, and if you do, clearly mark that you have posted a spoiler before you write it.

Death
I think that Dumbledore will die, it will happen about half-way through the book. He will die, because of a number of different reasons. Firstly, Dumbledore is Harry's mentor, Dumbledore has bailed Harry out of trouble in most of the books. He needs to die in the middle of book 6 because if he died at the beginning of book 6 it would set the tone of the rest of the book and the story wouldn't progress too much, if he died at the end, then there wouldn't be enough time to finish all the mourning before book 7 and if he died at the beginning of book 7, then the rest of book 7 would be about Dumbledore, when really it needs to all be about Harry. He also needs to die becuase Harry needs to realise that he is going to have to face Voldermort alone, and Dumbledore will not be bailing him out.

Spinners End
I was reading an article on mugglenet the other day, and it is very clever. JKR has said that there is a chapter called Spinners End, and this lead loads of disccussion about what it was.

[Image: jkr.JPG]

This spinner is found on the rubbish page on JK Rowling's Website, two of the arrows point to chewing gum wrappers.

While all this seems innocent enough, it is made interesting by this quote from Order of the Phoenex...

This section lead to a huge debate about there being any significance in this innocent looking paragraph. JKR has said that she doesn't write things in the book for no reason, and she is known to leave clues on the website. This theory is further compounded by the fact that the webpage is the rubbish bin which is where Neville's grandma told him to put the gum wrappers.

Godric Gryffindor
JKR said that something he discovered in Chamber of Secrets is the key to who the Half Blood Prince is. So, in CoS he pulled out a sword from the sorting hat, and this sword was property of Godric Gryffindor, bearing in mind two things... 1) The sword was encrusted with diamonds and stuff and 2) Wizards don't really need a sword in the same way that muggles used to, since they can use wands for everything.

So, think about it, apart from battles, where else are swords used for? Royalty!, the queen knights people with her sword, so maybe the Half Blood Prince is Godric Gryffindor, also Harry's parents used to live in Godric's Hollow, before they died, and JKR has already said that there is something significant in the name.

Shipping

I think that in book 6, Ron and Hermione will get it on, but Harry will secretly love Hermione and on book 7, something major will happen, where he and Hermione hook up. But to keep him busy for book 6, he will either go out with Ginny or Luna.

Ginny can stand up to him, and is just the kind of gal to bring Harry back down to earth and put things in perspective.

Luna on the other hand has the amazing ability to be able to detatch herself from the rest of the world, and I think that Harry will need this when times get tough.

Why not stop predicting stuff and wait till the book comes out? That way you can drool about it AFTER you've read it.
[Image: 7.png]
07-15-2005 04:12 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
SikStyles

DeathCult

34 / Male / Flag
lol i even havent finised the 2nd book :grin:

not really interested in it .. :-/
You're still breathing? Why?
Get off the cross, the wood is needed.
[Image: userbar.jpg]

07-15-2005 04:24 PM
Joe

35 / Other / Flag
* Joe waited 'til midnight for Halo 2... and he'll be waiting for this also
[Image: holidayssigei2.jpg]
07-15-2005 04:30 PM
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
I'm drooling now.  My copy is Pre-Reserved at Target in St. Paul...cant wait till they open tommorow at 8AM.  I do agree with most of your predictions though.
07-15-2005 04:44 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Garndell

Welcome to Elvie's World!!!

40 / Male / –
RE: RE: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
quote:
Originally posted by Dane
I'm drooling now.  My copy is Pre-Reserved at Target in St. Paul...cant wait till they open tommorow at 8AM.  I do agree with most of your predictions though.

You hear that the pope congratulated an author that criticised Harry.  Apparently the Pope think's it's evil, lol.... so do I though.
[Image: c2-garndell.jpg]
07-15-2005 05:59 PM
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
Pft, they should all stuff themselves. Rowling has taught lots of kids how fun it is to read, and I think that outweighs any questionable content.
[Image: 7.png]
07-15-2005 06:26 PM
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield
Why not stop predicting stuff and wait till the book comes out? That way you can drool about it AFTER you've read it.

Because I find it very interesting, I write articles for a huge Harry Potter website called MuggleNet, and when the book is out, I can say "see i was right" or "damn, maybe i will be luckier next time"
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
07-15-2005 06:30 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
.Roy
Veteran Member

20 / Male / –
Happy :)
07-15-2005 07:30 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
yukaili

I love computers and technology!

29 / Male / –
Dodgy  RE: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
My desktop counter sais it was TEN hours, not THREE!
Yukai like Messenger Plus! except for its bugs!
07-15-2005 07:30 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (7): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: