What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Pages: (7): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Author: Message:
.Roy
Veteran Member

20 / Male / –
RE: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
guess your desktop counter is incorrect. Go fix it ;)
07-15-2005 07:33 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Garndell
You hear that the pope congratulated an author that criticised Harry.  Apparently the Pope think's it's evil, lol.... so do I though.

Yes, the pope sucks though in that way (sorry if this offends you), but I dont give a **** what the pope says, As Chaotic_Shield says, the Harry Potter series has inspired so many kids and adults alike to read.  All that stupid **** the pope says is so dumb, Its not like any of the stuff in the books is true, its fiction, all this bull**** about corrupting kids' souls is just an excuse for the Catholic Church to get a little bit of attention.
07-15-2005 07:41 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Garndell

Welcome to Elvie's World!!!

40 / Male / –
RE: RE: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
quote:
Originally posted by Dane
quote:
Originally posted by Garndell
You hear that the pope congratulated an author that criticised Harry.  Apparently the Pope think's it's evil, lol.... so do I though.

Yes, the pope sucks though in that way (sorry if this offends you), but I dont give a **** what the pope says, As Chaotic_Shield says, the Harry Potter series has inspired so many kids and adults alike to read.  All that stupid **** the pope says is so dumb, Its not like any of the stuff in the books is true, its fiction, all this bull**** about corrupting kids' souls is just an excuse for the Catholic Church to get a little bit of attention.

Hey, i'm a Satanist.  I just find it amusing how I can actually agree with his dislike of HP.  In my educated view, Terry Partchett's Discworld Series is more entertaining and pokes fun at anything & everything it can.  It can be taken seriously and has humour aimed at both kids & adults.  If you think otherwise yet have not read any of the Discworld series then you're missing out.

My cousin got halfway through the 3rd HP book and he got bored of it.  Now he is not only reading the Discworld series, but playing the games too.
[Image: c2-garndell.jpg]
07-15-2005 09:01 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
emit
Disabled Account

Terry Pratchett has the world's most boring writing style though. Before you criticise I've read the whole Discworld series and played the games and I still think they are some of the most boring books ever. Pratchett writes inanely and substandardly. Only interesting book was the Science of Discworld, but only cause I know the son of the co-author Jack Cohen. While Harry Potter may be pitched at children it is still well written enough to be entertaining, and a lot of imagination has gone into it, far more than Pratchett possesses. Anyway, if you wanna read a proper book, like you claim Discworld is, go buy everything by Fyodor Dostoyevsky.

As for Harry Potter... I don't think Dumbledore will die, I think Neville will. And I think Harry will get with Cho.

Just my two pennies (read: cents).

This post was edited on 07-15-2005 at 09:43 PM by emit.
07-15-2005 09:37 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Tandy
Veteran Member

:D

34 / Male / –
hA HA,  i can actually buy the book in 1 and a half hours! you guys have to wait till tomorrow morning!

Tandy
[Image: allju3.jpg]
07-15-2005 09:38 PM
emit
Disabled Account

Tandy: shops in the UK and US are opening at midnight specially to sell the book. so the UK will have it in an hour and 15 minutes too.
07-15-2005 09:45 PM
Zephyr

monster.rat

34 / Male / Flag
Well, it's been out for about 25 minutes now and i can't wait to get it. I'm going to get it in later this morning, maybe about 8 o'clock. Can't wait to see what happens.
[Image: rhcpsig38tj.png]
07-15-2005 11:26 PM
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
post hu got killed

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
07-15-2005 11:42 PM
Zephyr

monster.rat

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
post hu got killed

I don't want to spoil it for anyone, i'll keep it to myself, but i suspect that soon everyone will know who dies whether they've read the book or not.
[Image: rhcpsig38tj.png]
07-15-2005 11:46 PM
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
Yeah, please don't spoil the plot for everyone :(
07-15-2005 11:50 PM
Pages: (7): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »