What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Peoples feelings to MSN 7.5 stealing plus features

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Peoples feelings to MSN 7.5 stealing plus features
Author: Message:
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. Peoples feelings to MSN 7.5 stealing plus features
Well this is the second or third time MSN Messenger has stolen a messenger plus feature.

This time it's the sound clips feature frankly i think MSN should go back to its bloat-free state and let addons keep their original cool features

also i find the MS sound clips to be very quiet compared to the plus ones

What's your view?
07-20-2005 07:10 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Peoples feelings to MSN 7.5 stealing plus features
Lol well Patchou didn't go to Redmond for tea and cookies :P They obviously must have discussed something. But yeah i don't like the sign in screen or the dodgy add contact at the top

This post was edited on 07-20-2005 at 07:15 PM by mwe99.
07-20-2005 07:13 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
Yeah... but it's kind've bull that they can just claim that stuff pretty much... Msg Plus! should think of some real kick ass idea and add it on right after MSN updates in September so that Plus will be that much better until they can update MSN again!
07-20-2005 08:48 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

I doubt that MSN Messenger will ever be able to fully catch up with the features that you get when you download Messenger Plus!, it has never been able to and I doubt it ever will. The Messenger Plus! community is constantly growing, therefore, so are the ideas for features...

I don't like the new MSN 7.5 user interface at all, it has became a complete and utter mess if you ask me, I want some patching already, and it's only been leaked today!

I think the voice feature thing was definitely stolen from Plus! and I think it's an outrage, but as it hasn't been coded the same or anything, then Patchou can't do a thing...
07-20-2005 08:50 PM
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by traxor

I don't like the new MSN 7.5 user interface at all, it has became a complete and utter mess if you ask me, I want some patching already, and it's only been leaked today!

I think the voice feature thing was definitely stolen from Plus! and I think it's an outrage, but as it hasn't been coded the same or anything, then Patchou can't do a thing...

Snap, i dislike it too, way too cluttered, this was probably the discussion on the meeting Patchou went to.
07-20-2005 08:55 PM
Eljay
Elite Member

:O

– / Male / –
i love the new sign in window and i think this version is much more stable

and the sound thing is slightly stolen but its totally different really
07-20-2005 08:59 PM
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
I love MSN Messenger 7.5.
07-20-2005 09:00 PM
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
I think this version is much better, its faster and more stable.
The new sign in screen is much better, and answers some peoples requests for the dp on the sign in screen
And the voice feature isnt that similar to plus' sounds, this just lets you say something to a contact quickly, whereas with pluses you set up sounds that can be sent over and over.
07-20-2005 09:03 PM
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
I really think they should hire new marketing people in the MSN Messenger team, because if they actually think people will like all the stuff they put in it... then they're nuts. :(

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

07-20-2005 09:18 PM
segosa
Community's Choice

I don't think they stole MsgPlus' custom sounds feature at all. MSN Messenger's implementation is obviously very different, which was very likely done purposely.

All it is is a quick recording taken from your mic sent to the other person, it's not stored, not reusable, there's no such thing as packs, etc.

And traxor, it's not "an outrage", MSN Messenger is still Microsoft's product and if they wanted they could put every single feature from MsgPlus into it and there would be nothing Patchou could do about it.

Anyway, I love this build. I've been using 6.2 for the last few months because 7.0 lagged the hell out of my PC (especially when scrolling the contact list), but this one runs nice and smoothly.

I think that the developers thought one day "well, we've got all the p2p stuff set up, we could easily use it to make so-and-so feature, why don't we do it for the hell of it?".
The previous sentence is false. The following sentence is true.
07-20-2005 10:10 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: