What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Peoples feelings to MSN 7.5 stealing plus features

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Peoples feelings to MSN 7.5 stealing plus features
Author: Message:
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Peoples feelings to MSN 7.5 stealing plus features
Well, here's my two cents.  Originally Mess.be was reporting this as Microsoft's MSN Unit stealing the feature that we all have now grown to love as "Sound Emotions".  On the contrary, they did not.  They simply implemented there own adaption of the feature, the part of it that Plus! missed.  And with due right.  I expect MSN Messenger's downloads to increase greatly from non-Messenger Plus! users realizing this feature, and when they search, they will probably ultimately see Messenger Plus! and install it.

Dont bash MSN, they love us.  We keep them employed.
07-20-2005 10:37 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Madman
I think this version is much better, its faster and more stable.
The new sign in screen is much better, and answers some peoples requests for the dp on the sign in screen
And the voice feature isnt that similar to plus' sounds, this just lets you say something to a contact quickly, whereas with pluses you set up sounds that can be sent over and over.

Don't quite agree on the stable part right now. It's crashed so many times, I have lost count.
07-20-2005 11:16 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
brian

– / Male / –
I think that the new Sound feature is absoultly useless.  If you want a 15 second clip, why don't you start a voice conversation?
07-21-2005 12:04 AM
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
I agree! Just start a voice convo! haha... But then Plus!'s sound emotions still kick ass ;) haha... cause yeah they do because they can be saved and used later... I still don't have a leaked version yet... but I don't think I want one after hearing all that crap.
07-21-2005 12:07 AM
buzz

be a good bee

– / Male / –
^o)imo i think its  great that msn is using Plus! features as it enhances their service, if you like it in plus why not like it in messenger where it can be used with everyone? i kno that alot of people have msg plus! but only 10 out of 100 on my list do, maybe i want to make sounds with the others:P. I think a great thing to see would be a an option panel before installing to ask which features you would like to install(defult set to all) so that features you dont use wont just waste space/

This post was edited on 07-21-2005 at 01:49 AM by buzz.
07-21-2005 01:48 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
-dt-
Scripting Contest Winner

;o

35 / Male / Flag
[Image: xso_undecided.gif] i quite like both fetures in the way i see it there different like msn sound you cant reuse the sounds or anything only record it one time and have it sent straight to the contact , the plus ones you can reuse , make packs etc but i find with the plus ones its not very good just for the spur of a moment voice eg you want to call someone a noob once off then the msn voice thing is good for that.

both have their ups and downs [Image: msn_tongue.gif]  no features have been stolen people
[Image: dt2.0v2.png]      Happy Birthday, WDZ
07-21-2005 03:10 AM
Poom

Ya-Ha!!!!

33 / Male / –
I like the new sign in screen. It looks very nice to me. The program itself works faster too. Try scrolling down thecontact list with the two versions sepearately. You will see an obvious difference. The soundclip feature may copy Plus a bit, but is different to me. In plus, you need to take a lot of steps to record a sound or import a sound, but you can send it as many time as you want. While in sound clip, you can only record your voice, not import a sound, and send it only once. Soundclip is not as good as emoticon sound, but more convenient. What I hate about this build is, the DP frame in the conversation window. It looks very ugly. Also, the "Get my webcam" link under my DP. Actually, I don't like the new video icon too. :/ Oh, and how this new video button works. It now works similarly to Audio button. :/
07-21-2005 03:20 AM
Salem

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Peoples feelings to MSN 7.5 stealing plus features
quote:
Originally posted by EvilSeph
quote:
Originally posted by Madman
I think this version is much better, its faster and more stable.
The new sign in screen is much better, and answers some peoples requests for the dp on the sign in screen
And the voice feature isnt that similar to plus' sounds, this just lets you say something to a contact quickly, whereas with pluses you set up sounds that can be sent over and over.

Don't quite agree on the stable part right now. It's crashed so many times, I have lost count.

Not a single crash for me.
[Image: salem874.smart.jpg][Image: card.png]
Was i Helpful?[/url]
07-21-2005 08:06 AM
Pyroteq
Veteran Member

Formally 'Scone'

33 / Male / –
It keeps crashing for me, im about to create a thread.
07-22-2005 04:59 AM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I think the voice feature thing was definitely stolen from Plus! and I think it's an outrage, but as it hasn't been coded the same or anything, then Patchou can't do a thing...
As usual, jumping to conclusions.
quote:
Originally posted by Segosa
I don't think they stole MsgPlus' custom sounds feature at all. MSN Messenger's implementation is obviously very different, which was very likely done purposely.

All it is is a quick recording taken from your mic sent to the other person, it's not stored, not reusable, there's no such thing as packs, etc.
Which makes it totally different to Custom Emotion Sounds, therefore is not a 'stolen' feature.
Custom Emotions Sounds are, by their very nature, shared and reusable. Voice Clips, by their very nature, and one-use-only.
In fact, compare the names: Custom Emotion Sounds - Voice Clips. To me, they're two totally different features.
quote:
Originally posted by Brian
I think that the new Sound feature is absoultly useless.  If you want a 15 second clip, why don't you start a voice conversation?
Because it needs to be accepted, connection problems may prevent a connection, it's far easier to just record a few seconds of sound when necessary...
Voice Clips - clips of your voice.
Audio Conversation - conversation using sound.
Again, two different features for two different reasons.

Now I should have shown that Voice Clips neither steals from Patchou, nor is useless because of audio conversations. Anyone who wants to try and prove otherwise, go ahead.

If I was Patchou I'd be fine with Voice Clips.

This post was edited on 07-22-2005 at 08:54 AM by RaceProUK.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
07-22-2005 08:53 AM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: