What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » msgplus NEWS

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
msgplus NEWS
Author: Message:
GJ-tje

Free your Mind

– / Male / –
RE: RE: msgplus NEWS
quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
someone please close this thread....

Sorry, but I think it's an great idea. I mean, why not making it customizable for the user? Then you can add whatever you want... Like this forum... Or the IRC channel from here... But also user defined links and stuff... :)

Add a function to alter the icon used for that option... And I think you have a great option... Maybe useless for some users... But might be very handy for others who really do like it...

Or are you saying you use every option of messenger Plus? ;)
I bet you don't... I mean... The ping option is kind of useless (unless you want to know if someone has plus)

;)
I'm the Puppet... Controlled by the Puppetmaster :(
08-14-2005 03:09 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
RE: msgplus NEWS
quote:
Originally posted by GJ-tje
Or are you saying you use every option of messenger Plus? 

No parts of Plus! are useless, Patchou has constantly reviewed ideas from forum members and included as much as he wants to do. I highly doubt he will be associating with any third party companies to build links into Plus! if you want to do that, get a tab manager and make a tab for it... i dont see the point of having a link to a chat room on an instant messaging program period
08-14-2005 03:22 PM
jay@buzzen.com

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
Unfortunatly no this isn't a good idea. Pathou doesn't technically associate with other companies and if he added an icon he would probably need to pay them monthly and have written consent. This wont be added simply because of that fact.

Just realized that Buzzen is not MSN Chat like I thought it was... but it looks to use their servers... :mipdodgy:

I assure you that if Patchou was to add the Buzzen Icon and have it link to there main site they would be more then happy.

Infact I bet they would place a MessengerPlus banner on there main page :P
08-19-2005 01:37 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Messenger Plus! will never include something like this (links to 3rd party chat programs), and especially not when those chat services ripped of graphics, concepts and what-not from official companies....

Also, were will it draw the line? There are hundreds of such chat programs and services available, not to mention all the millions of different chat rooms.....

An a related note: I'm certain Buzzen.com is absolutely illegal in what they are doing (they ripped the whole look and concept of MSN)

This post was edited on 08-19-2005 at 01:45 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-19-2005 01:40 AM
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
An a related note: I'm certain Buzzen.com is absolutely illegal in what they are doing (they ripped the whole look and concept of MSN)
I am abosolutely sure that your right..if it werent such a pain contacting microsoft I would do it [remember that scam website selling msn messenger? well I contacted microsoft, they told me contact here..did so...they said contact here and so on... I ended up just leaving it cause I got annoyed]
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
08-19-2005 02:45 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
jay@buzzen.com

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Messenger Plus! will never include something like this (links to 3rd party chat programs), and especially not when those chat services ripped of graphics, concepts and what-not from official companies....

Also, were will it draw the line? There are hundreds of such chat programs and services available, not to mention all the millions of different chat rooms.....

Well lets see if you can put your money where your mouth is :D

If you can show me 1 thing ripped from MSN on the Buzzen.com website OR show me 1 Law that Buzzen.com is breaking I will donate $100 USD to MSGPlus.

But if you fail to prove the trash that pours from your mouth you have to donate $100 USD to Buzzen.com

When you are man enough to back up your big mouth I look forward to seeing your reply :)

This post was edited on 09-16-2005 at 02:35 AM by jay@buzzen.com.
09-16-2005 02:31 AM
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
Sorry, but unless i'm mistaken using the MSN CHAT CONTROL without microsoft's permission is illegal. Proof:
quote:
<OBJECT ID="ChatFrame" CLASSID="CLSID:F58E1CEF-A068-4c15-BA5E-587CAF3EE8C6" width="100%" CODEBASE="http://chat.msn.com/controls/MsnChat45.cab#Version=9,02,0310,2401">
and:
quote:
<p><a href="http://chat.msn.com/controls/NPPGWrap.exe" target="_blank">Click here to download the plugin for Firefox.</a></p>

This post was edited on 09-16-2005 at 02:56 AM by ShawnZ.
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
09-16-2005 02:43 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Not only that... Even a guy who just woke up and still needs to adopt his blurry vision to the daylight can see that the whole site is a plain copy of MSN's concept...

And that includes EVERYTHING you find on the site, including to so called passport stuff (which I VERY highly doubt is even a legit "Passport". And in case it is, it can't be called Buzzen Passport but must be called, referred and linked to the official Passport site), chat stuff, heck even the members profiles, search possebilities and what not....

quote:
Originally posted by jay@buzzen.com
Well lets see if you can put your money where your mouth is :D

If you can show me 1 thing ripped from MSN on the Buzzen.com website OR show me 1 Law that Buzzen.com is breaking I will donate $100 USD to MSGPlus.
The whole site and the service of Buzzen is a plain rip-off of MSN Chat and MSN Members and even portraying that it is something new is false as it uses MSN chat anyways.

If you don't call the whole Buzzen thing a ripoff then I don't know what you understand about ripping. A blind man could see that the site is identical to MSN's.

quote:
Originally posted by jay@buzzen.com
But if you fail to prove the trash that pours from your mouth you have to donate $100 USD to Buzzen.com

When you are man enough to back up your big mouth I look forward to seeing your reply :)
1) Nice way of giving a face to Buzzen by flaming and insulting me. It fits nicely in the rip-off concept of Buzzen....
2) I will never donate anything to something like that. Heck I even don't want to recieve a single cent from a service like that....

This post was edited on 09-16-2005 at 05:16 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-16-2005 04:50 AM
uberdosis

digital evil

37 / Male / –
What does any of this have to do with 'msgplus NEWS'
[Image: skav.jpg]
09-16-2005 06:15 AM
ShawnZ