What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Messenger Plus! Future

Pages: (11): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] 8 9 10 11 » Last »
Messenger Plus! Future
Author: Message:
changer

RE: Messenger Plus! Future
plus to many may have too many functions already but its functions that ppl will use some of them, others will use others funtions, etc. its user options and i dont think there are many functions at all

anyway for me there are some stuff that all the ppl will use (or almost) like the ones previous said here:

-> record camera

-> a built in Log viewer for the Plus! logs

-> file transfer with a check if the other user has plus start with it, if not use the standart msn one. I know i know there are already a plugin that does this but i wanted to see in Plus! already because many ppl that install Plus! dont install plugins like that (if any at all)

-> PSM recording in event log

-> and of course more power to Plus! API to build better plugins
08-08-2005 04:00 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
catterpilr

Yeah sorry, I only read the first page and a half, so I'm not sure if anyone said this but..
One thing I've always wanted to see in Messenger Plus! is 'message prefixes'. For example you could have it so you could put a line of text for a prefix and every message you sent would have that before it. That seems sort of useless but for things like the Fader plugin and leet speak plugins, or background colour tags, it would be pretty practical.

Other then that I think Messenger Plus! is practically perfect. You did an awesome job on it!(Y)
08-10-2005 12:55 AM
TylerG

33 / Male / –
I love Plus!  I have had it ever since I have had MSN.  I probably would be on MSN without Plus!  Patchou, you have been doing a great job, and still are.  I will be very sad if you this is the last release, but I will understand why.  I am just worried about when microsoft copies all the features that plus will have, then no one will have need it anymore:( 
[Image: lardotest4on.png]
08-10-2005 01:05 AM
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
It's nice to know that Plus! and it's community are growing at a steady rate. We aren't going anywhere soon, and I'm sure that you could use Plus!'s fanbase to help jump start any other projects you might want to do. Good luck with whatever you do Patchou!

* Concord Dawn suggests Plus! Messenger as a project for Patchou to start working on. Maybe make it support AIM/MSN/ICQ? ;)

PS I think making Plus! compatible with *nix would be a really nice treat for some of the more tech-savvy members of the forums, but I'm sure that'd be a daunting task.

[Image: 7.png]
08-10-2005 01:40 AM
MC Inferno
Veteran Member

www.mcinferno.co.uk

35 / Male / Flag
You dont want to bloat Plus! sure..... but theres always SOMETHING you can do. think about it, I only got the Mess Patch last week or so and I had no idea people could do stuff like that. Plus wouldnt have support for plug-ins if people didnt make suggestions.......

...... but I guess I'd live with it if you decided to stop now.
08-11-2005 03:39 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
zach

33 / Male / Flag
I haven't read through the posts, but maybe some features you could add are:
-Easy skinning so each account could have a different skin. Something like the contact list being the same colour as the chat windows or having a complete make-over (if you are allowed to do that).
-Contact list tab so it scrolls up/down/sideways when docked to the side of the window.
-Desktop Contacts: Conversation windows minimize to destop icon and when a message is recieved it flashes.
[Image: concept2.png]
-I like that idea and look.

[Image: untitled93cu.th.jpg]

This would also be a good idea with the icons on the side to quickly switch account in one window.

As you said, you don't want to bloat Plus! for no reason. It's better to keep it looking nice and simple.

Anyway, you've done a very good job on Plus! Don't stress out trying to add all the features and if you think that it's time to start something new, you do that. It would be good if you could still spend a bit of time here though.

P.S
quote:
It's been more than 4 years already and there are many other projects I'd like to start.
Can I ask, what are these projects?

This post was edited on 08-14-2005 at 05:44 AM by zach.
08-11-2005 09:54 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Alpha Binary

35 / Male / –
its your life!
we'll all be here to wish you the best for your future though ;)

quote:
Originally posted by TazDevil
[b]Now if 3.60 was the latest real update for Plus! i would wish that Patchou would give greater control over to plugin developers, because after all, plugins are the ones that will keep Plus! alive (like winamp's long story) after the main development has ceised

* Alpha Binary strongly agrees :)

08-12-2005 05:18 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
I think u may stop developing, but...
  • if there are new public versions of MSN Messenger which are incompatible, try 2 update Plus!
  • if u got a great idea 4 a new feature, add it.
If u do this, :plus2: will never die! :D
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
08-12-2005 07:59 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
tristanj

RE: RE: RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Future
quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky
quote:
Originally posted by ~Fusion~
quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
add more sign in accounts to the front menu of msn. I use 3 msn account and i'll like a sign in button for each of them :P

[Image: untitled38qd.th.jpg]

dodgy screeny lol :P

i have always wanted that :(

anyway, i think you've done a brilliant job creating plus. And are one of the most dedicated programmers i have ever seen (y). But it should be your choice whether you continue with plus or not. Either way, good luck with your future projects, i cant wait to see them :P

I've made a better concept before :P Just search the forums

[Image: concept2.png]

i saw screens on the net of the leaked messenger plus and paste the tabs in my msn messenger :
[Image: plus6fs.jpg]

This post was edited on 08-15-2005 at 08:20 AM by WDZ.
08-13-2005 05:24 PM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Here are my concepts ;)

[Image: untitled29uy.th.jpg]

[Image: untitled93cu.th.jpg]
08-13-2005 06:21 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (11): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] 8 9 10 11 » Last »