What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Messenger Plus! Future

Pages: (11): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] 9 10 11 » Last »
Messenger Plus! Future
Author: Message:
:No-Frost:

Msg Plus! 2 Official Testers

41 / Male / –
RE: Messenger Plus! Future
It would be fine to me...

But, I was thinking in a way to make plus record a conversation with an offline contact...

I mean, if some one knows that a contact will talk to him when get's online to deliver some info, you can just leave your msn conected... And if in any case, the PC just shut down (mom, dad saving energy)... The info and "conversation" would be recorded in a log... Ofcourse, that if the person can deliver the info...

Damn, I cand understand myself xD... (My english suck's xD)
[Image: occl.png]
08-14-2005 12:34 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
ipab
Veteran Member

Design Evolved

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Chestah
I think as much as i like Msgplus Patchou you are indeed correct that it would be better to stop developing on a high note instead of adding useless features as MSN Messenger becomes a better more featured product.

I think you've reached a point where Msgplus has most features that people need? Unless some other people start suggesting features that everyone would like (elsewise it could be done as a plugin)?

Plus i think it would be good for you to start developing other projects which you are interested in :). You can always come back to msgplus for compatibility updates and adding minor features/ correcting errors.

But overall its your choice :), you'll have to see what the users of msgplus think and any possible features a majority of people would find useful - possibly another thread on this?

If you decided to do this i wouldn't even necessarily call this "finishing development" as you'd still be releasing compatibility updates and possibly fixing minor bugs/minor improvements - you'd just be spending less time on Msgplus.

what he said, but it would be great to know what other projects you are thinking of. That way, you will have a fan base follow you wherever you take us :P
56656E692C 20566964692C 2056696369
08-15-2005 08:06 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Messenger Plus! Future
Well, I have a lot of imagination, however, to be honest, I'm a little bit tired of public domain softwares. Things are just too different from what they were just 4 years ago, I won't event start talking about this :p.

Anyway, back on topic, I can tell you that this new MS Anti-Spyware story gives some more weight to my original post. What do you want me to do? if this makes Microsoft happy, I'll surrender, pull the plug on Plus! and let them deal with my users. Sometimes, it certainely feels that it's all what they're waiting for.
[Image: signature2.gif]
08-15-2005 08:16 AM
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
dont give up that easy!!
08-15-2005 08:21 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Anyway, back on topic, I can tell you that this new MS Anti-Spyware story gives some more weight to my original post. What do you want me to do? if this makes Microsoft happy, I'll surrender, pull the plug on Plus! and let them deal with my users. Sometimes, it certainely feels that it's all what they're waiting for.
I'd say this is really something up to you.

We can all shout: "GO ON, KICK SOME ASS!", but in the end, if you don't feel like doing further development of MsgPlus! you might end up hurt (emotionally).

I think, if you're actually asking yourself this, then it's time to put it aside, fresh up, and do something else. It's not bad, nor it's the end of the world. You have a life aside from this! (Y) Don't waste it. :)

Not meant to mean: "you're wasting your life with Plus! Whahaha!"

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

08-15-2005 08:22 AM
tristanj

man microsoft sucks patchou maybe you can change something to your source that it doesn't detect it anymore or that if you start msgplus that it quits MS antispyware for 5 minutes or something
08-15-2005 10:01 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
lordy

34 / Male / Flag
i think that would make em think its more of a threat :p
08-15-2005 10:06 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by lordy16
quote:
Originally posted by tristanj
man microsoft sucks patchou maybe you can change something to your source that it doesn't detect it anymore or that if you start msgplus that it quits MS antispyware for 5 minutes or something
i think that would make em think its more of a threat :p
totally agree. This is exactly what sneaky malicious spyware programs would do. Not something up to Plus! standards at all...

-----------

Patchou, I can only imagine how you must feel with this new issue of MSAS. It totally sucks and those people should be slapped from top to bottom (and back again). Nevertheless, I encourage you to not give up because of that. Think of it like this: if you throw in the towel, all the Plus!-haters and misinformed people will only think they've won and were right all the time. In that case, you would actually add to the big misinformation of PC users which is going on atm. It is time that people get informed and teached how they can inform themselfs, instead of being spoon-fed by others who think they know all and actually benefit from keeping the PC user dumb.

You were invited by MS recently, yet a sub-team of MS decides your software, as a whole!, is spyware???? Sounds like me that sub-team needs to get informed decently and stop listening to paranoid people who own big anti-spyware/adware forums.

Take it as high up as you can. In my view MSAS needs to stop his current policy and revise it totally. It completely doesn't make any sense at it is right now. Informing/protecting the user? Don't make me laugh...

It seems we finally arrived in a computer decade were keeping the user in the dark is the normal thing to do and all this in the light of "let's make a PC userfriendly". Sorry, but this policy is currently taking it too far. N00b-friendly is good, but this is rediculus...

Anyways, if it would be this (among other things) which makes you decide to stop Messenger Plus!, then so be it and we will support your decision. However we also would greatly regret it of course...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-15-2005 10:50 AM
tristanj

maybe patchou can contact microsoft that they stop it cuase this is going to far.
or maybe microsoft can buy messenger plus..
08-15-2005 11:10 AM
TazDevil

sleep(0);

40 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by tristanj
maybe patchou can contact microsoft that they stop it cuase this is going to far.
or maybe microsoft can buy messenger plus..

Yeah sure and then microsoft can fill it with a whole banch of crap, and ads, etc, and make the product useless, like all their freeware products... or even worse make people buy future "enhanced" versions
Window Manager is discontinued, for WLM try the new,
Enhancer for contact list docking, auto-hide, hide taskbar button, remove button flashing and remember keyboard layout in conversation windows
08-15-2005 11:15 AM
Pages: (11): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] 9 10 11 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: