What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » [Solved] Can't Add a contact

Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
[Solved] Can't Add a contact
Author: Message:
Ezra
Veteran Member

Forgiveness is between them and God

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Can't Add a contact
Use NoRooms contactlist cleaner and clean up the Allow List.

.exe File Attachment: ListCleaner.exe (52 KB)
This file has been downloaded 251 time(s).

This post was edited on 08-03-2005 at 03:55 PM by Ezra.
[Image: 1-0.png]

08-03-2005 03:54 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
micarro

I try everything but nothing work. Now i know the solution, but i dont have time to write, i have to go. I thing in 5 hours i will be at home again. See you!
08-03-2005 04:13 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
zaher1988

Inseperable

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Can't Add a contact
Well years of sending my iquiry :P msn messenger support replied with unusefull steps.

When you accept a request to add a person to your contacts list in MSN Messenger, you receive the following error message:

"Sorry, contact display name could not be added. Your contact list is full. Please delete a contact from your list and then try again."

The following condition may apply:

-You have 300 contacts on your MSN Messenger contacts list. The maximum number of contacts that you can have on your contacts list is 300.

Try the following solutions in the order that they are listed:

Delete a contact from the contacts list, so that you can add another contact.

1. Start MSN Messenger.
2. Right-click the contact who you want to delete, and then "click Delete Contact."
3. Click "Yes."
4. When you receive the request to add a person to your contacts list, clear the "Add this person to my contact list" check box.
5. The person will not appear on your contacts list, but she will appear on your "My Allow List" in MSN Messenger. People who are on your "My Allow List" can initiate a conversation with you even if they are not on your contacts list. You can also initiate a conversation with a contact that is on your "My Allow List" by using the contact's e-mail address.

To start a conversation with a person who is on your "My Allow List" but is not on your contacts list:

1. Start MSN Messenger.
2. On the "Actions" menu, click "Send an Instant Message."
3. Click "Other," and then type the e-mail address of the person to whom you want to send an instant message.

To view the contacts on your My Allow List:

1. Start MSN Messenger.
2. On the "Tools" menu, click "Options," and then click the "Privacy" tab.
3. View the contacts on your "My Allow List."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the seconde message also was unusefull:

There are limits on the number of contacts that you can have in the various contact lists that are associated with MSN Messenger. If you use a Microsoft domain e-mail address to sign in to MSN Messenger, MSN Messenger and Hotmail share an address book. The Microsoft domain e-mail addresses are the following:

- @hotmail.com
- @msn.com
- @webtv.net
- MSN Personal Domain address

The following information contains the names, descriptions, and the limit on the number of contacts for each list:

List: "MSN Messenger Contacts"
Description: The e-mail addresses of your contacts.
Limit: 300

List: "Hotmail and Messenger Contacts"
Description: All the contacts in your Hotmail and MSN Messenger address books.
Limit: 1000

List: "Allow"
Description: Contacts who are permitted to view your online status and send you instant messages.
Limit: 1200

List: "Block"
Description: Contacts who are not permitted to view your online status or send you instant messages.

List: "Reverse"
Description: Microsoft Passport Network customers who are interested in viewing your online status. They may or may not have permission to view your online status.

List: "Pending"
Description: Passport Network customers who want to view your online status, but you have not yet granted them permission.
Limit: 40

List: "Groups"
Description: Customer defined groups. The default groups are Online, Offline, and Mobile.
Limit: 100
List: "Contacts in a group"
Description: The number of individual contacts in a group.
Limit: 150

as always i tell them i have space, for more than 30 contact, and still they tell me delete some contact, what answer do they give us, dont they read our inquiry.
08-09-2005 10:48 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
micarro

Zaher, tellme your email and i will send you an html file with the solution for this problem.
08-09-2005 02:16 PM
zaher1988

Inseperable

36 / Male / Flag
mircarro?? btw why u need my email !! is it what's in my mind !

Edited: Anyway send it. i wanna see it, no need for the email i think. send it anyway.

This post was edited on 08-09-2005 at 06:11 PM by zaher1988.
08-09-2005 06:03 PM
kipper2258

quote:
Originally posted by micarro

Zaher, tellme your email and i will send you an html file with the solution for this problem.

I can see consern, please note that this forum has a PM system and you can add attachments, and for that matter, why not just copy the contents, is there really a need for his email, it is slightly rude, why not make it public for all.
[Image: w2m/]
Yeah - Im a kipper - A salted fish...
The fish inside me's Blog.

World domination!
08-09-2005 06:07 PM
micarro

RE: RE: Can't Add a contact
quote:
I can see consern, please note that this forum has a PM system and you can add attachments, and for that matter, why not just copy the contents, is there really a need for his email, it is slightly rude, why not make it public for all.

Because my explication has images (PRTSCR), its very hard to me explain with words, y ademas, pq me sale de los cojones joder!. And "PM MSG" has no attachment at least I can't see where is it.
Zaher, just creat a new acount at yahoo or hotmail and i will send you the file. Sorry, but i'm not interesting meeting you by msn or e-mail...
08-09-2005 08:08 PM
kipper2258

quote:
Originally posted by micarro

Because my explication has images (PRTSCR), its very hard to me explain with words, y ademas, pq me sale de los cojones joder!. And "PM MSG" has no attachment at least I can't see where is it.
Zaher, just creat a new acount at yahoo or hotmail and i will send you the file. Sorry, but i'm not interesting meeting you by msn or e-mail...

Well, HTML files as you say it is dosen't have embedded images, they are all external (as in, outside the HTML file). ;)
[Image: w2m/]
Yeah - Im a kipper - A salted fish...
The fish inside me's Blog.

World domination!
08-10-2005 07:54 AM
zaher1988

Inseperable

36 / Male / Flag
Please micaro just put the file here, and we will all see it
08-10-2005 08:44 AM
micarro

I CAN'T PUT FILE HERE!!! THERE IS NO ATTACH SERVICE!! AND I DON'T WANT TO CREATE A GEOCITIES ACCOUNT TO UPLOAD THE FILES!! If you want it just create an e-mail account and i will send you the files
08-10-2005 09:04 AM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: