What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Chek me out now y'all

Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 » Last »
Chek me out now y'all
Author: Message:
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
RE: Chek me out now y'all
quote:
Originally posted by Purity
this wasn't really aimed at MC, just my rant on rap.
:cheesy: Don't worry, it wasn't directed at anyone in particular.

quote:
but everyone is entitled to an opinion
Yes, the point of that post I did before was about expressing the disliking of rap.

This post was edited on 08-04-2005 at 09:40 AM by L. Coyote.

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

08-04-2005 09:36 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
user44571
Disabled Account

quote:
"it's sad that a person gets millions for kicking a leather ball while a doctor gets way less for saving someones life" -wacky <3
:O one of my favorite saying <3
08-04-2005 09:48 AM
Max

34 / Male / –
In that case, I was a screaming Emo at the age of 5... Screaming and Crying for my mommy as I went into school. ;)
08-04-2005 09:56 AM
qune

quote:
Originally posted by Patches
My personal opinion is that any Joe-ass rapper wannabe can get into the music scene now.
totally not true... people get into music industry for 2 main reasons - the money or the pure love for the music... most of the ones who enter the industry, fail and very few succeed.

quote:
I believe that people who listen to this rap are some what brainwashed in this society, maybe relaiting to conformity.
first I want to sort things straight - I'm 99,9% sure that RAP and HIPHOP has the same meaning for you. let me explain (sorry if i'm stepping on your foot by this but maybe it clears out something for others)... the meanigs 'hiphop' and 'rap' are two totally separate things... as KRS One once said (i believe it was him) "hiphop is the music made by people with pure love for the music and the culture with the four elements of hiphop (DJ, MC, breakdance and graffiti)... they live, eat and breathe this shit 24/7/365... rap is commercial crap made by hustlers with only money on their minds"...

The only time as I use the word rap is to describe a hiphop vocalist... and rapping as what he/she does...

Purity, it takes a major talent to be a good rapper... very small part of all the hiphop artists can come out with something really meaningful, deep and earcandy (within lyrics)... for example take looptroop and their track "fly away":

I'm sorry for all I'm sorrys that came too late./
I'm sorry for the times that I went away/
but yo, I'm still here cus my love came to stay./
Remember that even though the weather is grey today./
I know we had some situations and I hate to say/
that I don't know the answers and how to erase the pain./
Close your eyes for the things that led us astray./
Then open them up towards a straighter way./
All I ever wanted was to hear you say my name./
Capture this second we'll forever stay the same./
I take the blame for all my great escapes,/
there's a high price to pay for travellin“ state to state./
I'm gone right now but you won't wait in vain./
I'll be back before you know it to put the aches on layaway./
Don't be afraid I know we'll remain ok,/
till I'll be back keep in touch through the radio waves./

Sometimes I fly away/ but don't cry babe/ cus you know I love you girl/ and you know that you're my world./ It's just you and me,/ that's the way we supposed to be./

the song represents nothing but dedication - to hiphop, to family and love... as I said - only some can achieve that level... purity, you have a wrong comprehension on the topic you took a word on... I'm not saying it's totally wrong but some of the things had a straigh hit on me...

I always loved hiphop, I still do and I always will.
qune.

*EDIT: I hope the admins won't mind but the post requires the following to improve it's point...
go to www.looptroop.nu and listen to these guys, they're swedish btw, yet making it huge...

NOTE: this post represents only the views of the author and shouldn't be taken personally... if otherwise, I apologise in advance...

This post was edited on 08-04-2005 at 10:30 AM by qune.
08-04-2005 10:15 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
-Bogan-

35 / Male / –
To all youse out there that are bagging the Hip-Hop culture u don't now the first thing about rap. For example Oz hip-hop sounds absolutely nuthin like american gangsta rap shit. I haven't heard much english rap but I'd say it would be the same. People like d12,eminem, Dr.Dre have created a stereotypical view of the way hip-hop is. Just listen to some old skool hip-hop like Run DMC, Grandmaster Flash and even The Beastie boys stuff "up to Hello Nasty album the new one has changed to the shit style."

Congrats top Mc Inferno but after listening to those beats I would say you have no chance of even becoming as popular as The Hilltop Hoods here in OZ. To adavnce in the hip-hop game you are gunna have to learn how to write some good beats or find some one that can.

BTW is that record label used by all upcoming artists because here in OZ there is one major label used by all upcoming artists. Do they have the same over yonder land.

BTW here in OZ if you make it big like the Hoods your set. As one of my freinds is freinds with there DJ and all they do all day is write lyrics, get pissed, have fun and they still get the dole.

This post was edited on 08-04-2005 at 10:24 AM by -Bogan-.
[Image: user-bogan.gif]
08-04-2005 10:20 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
qune

nice -Bogan-... as a Part II to my post...
08-04-2005 10:26 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
why does this song of yours 'Quitter' sound so much like someting MC Hawkins would make :P

It sounds all bloody computer voiced its terrible and not funny!

No actually it is funny how bad it is :lol:
08-04-2005 11:01 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
RE: RE: Chek me out now y'all
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Veggie
when rap music require musical talent, not just shouting about pimping and hoes ill respect it..

Agreed! especcially the whole sex and drugs scene.

sex sells.....:dodgy:

stupid society.

I'm gonna get one thing straight.
Rap is rubbish, I dont even know why it's called music, I dont even know why people like it, I believe that people who listen to this rap are some what brainwashed in this society, maybe relaiting to conformity.

But really the last thing we need is more rappers.  The reason I stopped liking rap is because it just got so stupid and all of the sudden all these new rappers thinkin their hot started coming out, i was like 'wtf!'

I realized that it was so stupid, and made more sense.

and to believe that parents would rather have their kids listening to rap than metal?  at least metal has soemthing to say in their lyrics, something usefull, almost historical, not just metal but still.  rap is all about drugs, sex and money, do you want your kids beinh like that, smokin blunts, fuckin hoes and pimpin em. 

read my half assed rant: http://www.toastednet.org/purity/?p=5

I was in a bit of a rush, I could've written more.  Wasn't in the right state of mind either, but says my point.

Look, MC, your very lucky to get a record deal going on, but seriously, you cant seriously be planning on doing this as a carreer, do something that can make a difference in the world, doesn't anyone else think it's sick that

"it's sad that a person gets millions for kicking a leather ball while a doctor gets way less for saving someones life" -wacky <3

Same deal with rap, if your gonna get in the music businuss do something different.

I don't wanna burst your bubble but I cant see this going that far.  and I think it's rubbish, but congrats anyways, you know why? because I wish I would get signed. 

It's this kinda music that ruins society, especialy drugs and sex........
Peace.

Coudnt agree much more, i like rap for about 2 years until i realized  what i was saying, i changed to metal , its the best eva (in my op)
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
08-04-2005 04:04 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
emit
Disabled Account

RE: RE: Chek me out now y'all
quote:
Originally posted by MC Inferno
[Rant]
U cheeky bastard. do u have any fuckin idea how hard is to tell ppl u make music, to lose firends over it, to get infront of hundreds (yes hundreds) and spit lyrics trying to impress them? no, i dont think u do, so sorry, but im trying to make something of my life, you fucking cunt. [/Rant]

Spitting is rude and unhygienic. Naughty. You're signing to a record company that use a freewebs site and burn CDs on a 52x burner in their study?! That's really something of your life. :---)
I'm making nothing of my life, just a Masters in Astrophysics with Scientific computing. I pity you MC Inferno, if you really think you're that special.
Oh, and I have heard your music as Brian mentioned. The quality was nastier than 24k Internet radio and the lyrics were pathetic, sorry. There is nothing consummately musical about talking words into a microphone - let's face it, if I wanted to do that I'd listen to Winston Churchill speeches, at least he had some decent content; and this isn't just because we don't get on... rap is a pathetic form of art in general so don't take it all personal. People respect good grammar and spelling more than rap. Maybe you should spend more time brushing up on your English.

This post was edited on 08-04-2005 at 04:25 PM by emit.
08-04-2005 04:20 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by Time
Spitting is rude and unhygienic. Naughty. You're signing to a record company that use a freewebs site and burn CDs on a 52x burner in their study?! That's really something of your life. :---)
I'm making nothing of my life, just a Masters in Astrophysics with Scientific computing. I pity you MC Inferno, if you really think you're that special.
Oh, and I have heard your music as Brian mentioned. The quality was nastier than 24k Internet radio and the lyrics were pathetic, sorry. There is nothing consummately musical about talking words into a microphone - let's face it, if I wanted to do that I'd listen to Winston Churchill speeches, at least he had some decent content; and this isn't just because we don't get on... rap is a pathetic form of art in general so don't take it all personal. People respect good grammar and spelling more than rap. Maybe you should spend more time brushing up on your English.

That's exactly what I was thinking, it's stupid... Freewebs? That's really unprofessional, the fact that they have a domain doesn't make them any more special. It's a forwarder and probably cost £4 max.

quote:
Originally posted by thatsite
We here at 2die4 would like to show our support for the wrongly convicted Michael Shields, we will do what we can to show our support, and we would like everyone else in Liverpool and even the UK to show their support

His family and friends are in our minds and thoughts, and ofcourse Michael is aswell

One Love - FREE MICHAEL SHIELDS!

'I'm a Scouser Lad, Liverpool & Proud'

Yeah I'm sure that somebody like this was wrongly convicted, he was a chav through and through... He probably "accidentally" stabbed somebody when using Class A drugs or something stupid, then thought he could get away from it by putting a post on a FREEWEBS site.

quote:
[Rant]
U cheeky bastard. do u have any fuckin idea how hard is to tell ppl u make music, to lose firends over it, to get infront of hundreds (yes hundreds) and spit lyrics trying to impress them? no, i dont think u do, so sorry, but im trying to make something of my life, you fucking cunt. [/Rant]

As for brian, if u havent heard any of my music, how do u know its shit.....? Sounds like slander to me Although i expected you'd throw a punch instead

As for every1 else, thanx, your comments are aprechated immensly and dont get me wrong, i can take negitive critism, but bear in mind, im doin somethin VERY hard, ont jus take a stab at me coz im a target, alrite?

I'm not being against you, but the excessive use of terrible language in that post should deserve a ban, and it's flaming, you've broke two rules of the forum already. I'm not against you, just informing. He is right though, anybody can be an artist simply by burning a CD, it's true, and it's a free world, I mean, what makes you not an artist, the fact that you aren't signed. I think not.

Some people just don't like music like yours period, it isn't necessarily slander... Just freedom of speech or whatever.

quote:
No, i already have. I performed tonight and had ppl in the crowd laughin at me, you cant help that. I jus hated the way, he straight dismissed the idea, becoz it was ME and we dont get on. I'll bet you any money, he doesnt no a single line of my songs. I have no problem wit ppl forming an opnion, i just hate it wen they form an opnion, and dont even give me a chance.

That's what you get sometimes during concerts and stuff, some love you, some hate you. It's the world of music dude.
08-04-2005 04:31 PM
Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: