What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » What do you think about...

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
What do you think about...
Author: Message:
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. Huh?  What do you think about...
What do you think about Macs? As in Apple Laptops... yay or nay?
08-11-2005 04:15 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
philipe

32 / Male / –
RE: What do you think about...
I love the design and everything, just that they are not compatible with every hardware or software.  I wanted to get an I Book or Power Book, but then stayed with my old laptop and cleaned it out.  I also think that macs are really good for portable use, but for the home and desktop use I prefer windows.  My cousin has an apple power pc g5 with dual processors and 2 GB ram and a 30 inch apple cinema display.  He uses it for web design like macromedia and photoshop where the dual processors can come in really handy :wink:

This post was edited on 08-11-2005 at 04:44 PM by philipe.
08-11-2005 04:35 PM
user35870
Disabled Account

I like the style of macs but I couldn't really see me getting used to one as i've used Windows with  every computer i've had. And also there isn't a large range of programs for it as there is for windows.

This post was edited on 08-11-2005 at 04:57 PM by user35870.
08-11-2005 04:56 PM
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: What do you think about...
quote:
Originally posted by chris100
And also there isn't a large range of programs for it as there is for windows.

True, so i was researching and found Virtual PC for Mac
08-11-2005 04:58 PM
tomfletcherman

35 / Male / –
I have a very large problem with apple, imo they are getting as bad as microsoft. They design something and it looks great, but at the same time they have retarded one button mice. ipods only look good, but the abttery life has always been an issue. Creative make much more robust interesting products, and the two latest sony players are smaller and lighter, which I would rather have for functionality over design. The worst of it is of course the iTunes music store which has odd files that only play on your ipod, and they are thinking about sueing real jsut because they want their tracks to work on the ipod too. Talk about market dominance *spits*
08-11-2005 05:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
Yep, macs really look great. It's just the interface which was designed too simple and has wayyyy too much eye candy.

I'd definatly say Mac OS doesn't have the power that Windows or Linux does, since theres way too many idiotic things in the filesystem aswell.
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
08-11-2005 05:48 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

I've never liked Macintosh computers, although, I like the designs and general user interface of them. They aren't as user friendly as Windows, and are just annoying to use, then there is the compatibility side of it, most companies develop their programs for use for Windows only, unless of course you have the very major companies like Adobe, where you have to pay thousands for your software. Macintosh computers are only good for one thing in my opinion, and that's video editing.
08-11-2005 05:51 PM
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
nay.... more programs for windows... don't have to scrutinize every little thing you buy to see if its compatible if you have windows...

i dont like the way the screen is not secured... im not sure what its called but its like the sims... roll the mouse to a side and the desktop moves in the direction of that side... i know what i mean anyway:P (not sure if its optional but i don't have much experience with macs... dont like em much:P) the Apple tore in bluewater is good though:P

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
08-11-2005 05:52 PM
Fourjays

Jaguar E-Type

36 / Male / –
I dislike Apple intensely. That is mainly down to the corporate games they play (ones that I find much worst than any of the things MS have been accused of), but I have also had several bad experiences with iTunes. :@

My understanding is that Macs are good for a few things - image editing, sound editing and video editing. Something to do with the way they handle their memory, I read somewhere. *-)
[Image: msgsig7yx.jpg]
A new range of internet based services... Coming Soon(ish)! - www.fortheinter.net
08-11-2005 06:56 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
TylerG

33 / Male / –
I love macs.  Everything about them is great, design and OS.  My brother has a mac mini,  I love it.  The only reason I don't have one is because of the compatibility issues.  But, hopefully when Apple switches to intel and dell starts releasing computers with Mac OSX installed it will solve most of the compatibility issues.  If I have enough money for a laptop, My first choice would be an iBook.  So that I can have a PC for gaming and stuff, and I wouldn't really have to worry about compatibility. 
quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
i dont like the way the screen is not secured... im not sure what its called but its like the sims... roll the mouse to a side and the desktop moves in the direction of that side... i know what i mean anyway:P (not sure if its optional but i don't have much experience with macs... dont like em much:P) the Apple tore in bluewater is good though:P
  That is optional:P
quote:
Originally posted by tomfletcherman
They design something and it looks great, but at the same time they have retarded one button mice
Umm they released a new mouse that is compatible for both windows and mac, and it has two buttons:P  Check it out here
[Image: lardotest4on.png]
08-11-2005 07:05 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: