What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » MS AntiSpyware Now Blocks Messenger Plus!

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
MS AntiSpyware Now Blocks Messenger Plus!
Author: Message:
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: MS AntiSpyware Now Blocks Messenger Plus!
quote:
Originally posted by BigBean
no, I'm just pissed off with the amount of adware in this industry, and the "victims" don't know any better. saying it's adware and is optional doesn't get rid of it. that's what MSAS is supposed to do. it can still be installed.

i've installed many times then i used the uninsatller, it was easy plus you never know they may want a toolbar in internet expoler :)
08-15-2005 02:18 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Curtis

31 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: MS AntiSpyware Now Blocks Messenger Plus!
quote:
Originally posted by lawdka0z
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised

which don't have anything to do with spyware/adware.

you really are an idiot, how does the adware get on the computer? THROUGH MESSENGER PLUS.

No, you really are the idiot.  Messenger Plus! does not have spyware or adware.
08-15-2005 02:19 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
BigBean

42 / Male / –
RE: RE: MS AntiSpyware Now Blocks Messenger Plus!
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevisedyou are missing the point of these recent discussion...

We KNOW Messenger Plus! COULD install adware IF the user chooses to do so... But this is besides the point...

The point of these recent descussions is that MSAS has gone one step further and detecting something which IS NOT there. Aka: it detects Plus! itself (msgplus.exe and the DLL's) as containing potential adware, while it never contained any adware at all. Even when you've choosen not to install the sponsor, MSAS will still give the warning.

The point is that MSAS shouldn't detect msgplus.exe, MsgPlusH.dll, MsgPlusRes.dll, etc... as malicious, but it should detect the INSTALLER as an adware containing product. If it did that, then we wouldn't had any issue with it...

Heard of a thing called "comprehension"? Read my post again if you still don't understand, or get your daddy to spell it out for you. Messenger Plus! as an application comes with adware--UNDERSTAND? Last time I scanned my PC with MSAS before this, it also listed all the registry entries in the results... they can't possibly be spywares!!1 :O

fuck, how the hell did you become MVP? step out of fanboy mode for a minute, please. don't just look at things from one angle.
08-15-2005 02:22 PM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
they are two different programs altogther one by patchou one by c2lop :dodgy:
08-15-2005 02:40 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: MS AntiSpyware Now Blocks Messenger Plus!
quote:
Originally posted by BigBean
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevisedyou are missing the point of these recent discussion...

We KNOW Messenger Plus! COULD install adware IF the user chooses to do so... But this is besides the point...

The point of these recent descussions is that MSAS has gone one step further and detecting something which IS NOT there. Aka: it detects Plus! itself (msgplus.exe and the DLL's) as containing potential adware, while it never contained any adware at all. Even when you've choosen not to install the sponsor, MSAS will still give the warning.

The point is that MSAS shouldn't detect msgplus.exe, MsgPlusH.dll, MsgPlusRes.dll, etc... as malicious, but it should detect the INSTALLER as an adware containing product. If it did that, then we wouldn't had any issue with it...

Heard of a thing called "comprehension"? Read my post again if you still don't understand, or get your daddy to spell it out for you. Messenger Plus! as an application comes with adware--UNDERSTAND? Last time I scanned my PC with MSAS before this, it also listed all the registry entries in the results... they can't possibly be spywares!!1 :O

fuck, how the hell did you become MVP? step out of fanboy mode for a minute, please. don't just look at things from one angle.

Plus as the *INSTALLER* comes with an EXTERNAL optional adware sponsor. Plus! as an application DOES NOT contain any adware at all! And it is exactly this which is wrongly detected atm by MSAS. And that is what these recent discussions are about...

They are NOT about the question if Messenger Plus! should come with/without a sponsor or whatever. If MSAS would detect the *INSTALLER* as containing optional adware then there would be nothing to discuss as this will be a correct detection...

And since you attack me personally or any other Messenger MVP for that matter and question our integrity: I became MVP because of my unbiased knowledge and by helping people out and by sticking to facts without twisting things around and without the need to flame/insult people, yes, also those who do not support Plus!...

I'm in the first place an MSN Messenger helper and I certainly look at things in all possible ways. If Messenger Plus! and/or Patchou does things which it doesn't suppose to be doing or if it harms users I certainly will inform the users as well as the developper. And despite what you might believe, I even recommended software to people which isn't Plus! related or is even a concurrent to Plus! if the solution calls for it...

"We" (those who are helping people out since years on this forum) are not the ones who start flaming people because they have a different opinion, instead we try to inform people how the things are. If the only thing you (and other recent people who came here to stir things up) can do in a discussion is insulting people, then please go "discussing" it on another forum.

This post was edited on 08-15-2005 at 03:24 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-15-2005 02:58 PM
sk8michael

34 / Male / –
WTF !!! Excuse me to those who say that Messenger Plus! is potentially dangerous for your computer, but they're wrong! I mean when you install Msg Plus!, the installer asks you if you want to install the sponsor (an adware). Of course you choose "NO", but if you choose to install the adware, just to bad for you! Even if Microsoft AntiSpyware says that msgplus.exe is a spyware (and that's not true, msgplus.exe is not a spyware itself !!!), if you have installed the sponsor, it won't change anything !!! We can say that the installer is itself a kind of adware, coz it asks you to install an adware during the installtion... But once installed, Messenger Plus! (msgplus.exe) itself is all except a spyware!!! So, I think that Microsoft Antispyware made a big mistake by qualifying Msg Plus! as a spyware !!!

Hope you'll sign the petition => here <=

This post was edited on 08-15-2005 at 03:07 PM by sk8michael.
[Image: messengerplussignature4lg.gif]
08-15-2005 03:02 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
psyko

msnfanatic.com Evil-Admin

– / Male / –
That petition won't do crap.  The only way to get this fixed is if Patchou does it himself.  And I mean, what the hell is the problem?  You want MSAS to go easy on stuff that could potentially work the same way as Plus! (the installer, the hooks, etc.), but yet slip by? - Then you'd be blaming MSAS!  You can't have your cake and eat it too!  Not everyone may be as knowledgable as us to know it isn't or not to click Next Next etc..., but come on!  Just click Ignore for hell's sake!!!!!!

This post was edited on 08-15-2005 at 05:58 PM by psyko.
[Image: sig2.gif]
Offline Messenger for MSN: (Under release testing!)
08-15-2005 05:57 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
From tests, ignore doesn't do much. Infact, it's crippled Messenger Plus! sometimes.
08-15-2005 06:02 PM
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by lawdka0z
    quote:Originally posted by CookieRevised

which don't have anything to do with spyware/adware.

you really are an idiot, how does the adware get on the computer? THROUGH MESSENGER PLUS.

if youve got such a problem with it, shut up, and Dont install it.

I hope messenger plus! is not going to go down by reputation because of people like you.
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
08-15-2005 06:06 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Curtis

31 / Male / Flag
Messenger Plus won't go down, its the best add-on for MSN Messenger.  At least in my opinion it is.

This post was edited on 08-15-2005 at 06:28 PM by Curtis.
08-15-2005 06:27 PM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: