What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » Reputation System Abuse

Pages: (11): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 8 » Last »
Reputation System Abuse
Author: Message:
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
RE: Reputation System Abuse
That won't be problem if the mods don't care? It's quite easy to be non-biased, for me, anyway.
08-13-2005 05:00 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
DJeX
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
HEY how about instead of showing the rep points on the forum posts only show them in the user cp so only the user can see them?
[Image: top.gif]
08-13-2005 05:00 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
That defeats a part of the true purpose of a reputation system. It's also to show new users who they should model and why and who they shouldn't model and why. It shows people looking for help who to really listen to prior to listening to others etc.
08-13-2005 05:02 AM
DJeX
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
hummmm blast. How about a link then where the reps are shown saying something like View this persons reputation.
08-13-2005 05:03 AM
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by EvilSeph

That defeats a part of the true purpose of a reputation system. It's also to show new users who they should model and why and who they shouldn't model and why. It shows people looking for help who to really listen to prior to listening to others etc.

agreed, i think its stupid that its just a small minority who abuse this and jokingly or not, i dont think it should be removed as it is a good way of trusting people by noting their rep. I think something needs to be done though.... maybe the mod idea or lower the max rep you can give in a day ( i think its 10? ) anyone confirm?

quote:
Originally posted by DJeX
hummmm blast. How about a link then where the reps are shown saying something like View this persons reputation.

Would you really wanna click say 1000 members rep to view it? Especially if you want to see if you can trust them to download a program

(the 1000 was an estimate of how many members you'd click on in say 1 if your method was used)

This post was edited on 08-13-2005 at 05:05 AM by mwe99.
08-13-2005 05:04 AM
brian

– / Male / –
Giving 10 reputations a day, is already damn alot.
08-13-2005 05:06 AM
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
exactly, evil , the reputation system is there to show the people that need help who the best people to turn to are, i'm saying the lower reps are not worth of being asked for help, but the higher reps have been proven reliable, this of course in an ideal world
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6651 days, 4 hours, 22 minutes, 37 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
08-13-2005 05:06 AM
DJeX
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
quote:
Originally posted by EvilSeph

agreed, i think its stupid that its just a small minority who abuse this and jokingly or not, i dont think it should be removed as it is a good way of trusting people by noting their rep. I think something needs to be done though.... maybe the mod idea or lower the max rep you can give in a day ( i think its 10? ) anyone confirm?

quote:

Would you really wanna click say 1000 members rep to view it? Especially if you want to see if you can trust them to download a program

(the 1000 was an estimate of how many members you'd click on in say 1 if your method was used)

Well no thats not what I ment. I meant instead of it saying Reputation: ## under your avatar have a link that says 'View this persons rep'. Not 1000 peoples?
08-13-2005 05:09 AM
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Not 1000 peoples?

I did understand you however, if your idea was used, anytime you wanted to view someones rep you'd have to click, which would be time consuming and pointless. Would you really wanna click lots of members to check their rep each time?
08-13-2005 05:11 AM
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
I like the report link idea. (Y)

Either way, if the admins really want to keep this system and keep it clean, they will have to moderate it somehow.

They just have to pick a method, and I think people here have thrown good ideas.

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

08-13-2005 05:14 AM
Pages: (11): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: