What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Pointless Block Check

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Pointless Block Check
Author: Message:
Mentality

The Best Representation OF me IS ME!

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. Pointless Block Check
doesn't anybody else apart from myself think that block checkers are ridiculous, I mean if someone has been blocked they have been blocked for a reason. and in the wrong hands these can be used to stalk and torment people.

It's just a stupid concept, if I personally have blocked someone I'll let them know, but if a girl is being tormented off a guy sometimes they don't wanna let em know. does anybody else agree?
08-15-2005 12:30 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Supersonicdarky
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
RE: Pointless Block Check
no block checker is 100% correct (more like 50%, so you might as well guess), so i don't think you can stalk people like that. but true, if they were always correct, that could lead to something
08-15-2005 01:22 PM
dawgie

block checkers were designed for paranoid losers, go figure
08-15-2005 01:45 PM
MC Inferno
Veteran Member

www.mcinferno.co.uk

35 / Male / Flag
block checkers are useful (H)

although personally I dont use em
08-15-2005 01:50 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Mentality
doesn't anybody else apart from myself think that block checkers are ridiculous, I mean if someone has been blocked they have been blocked for a reason. and in the wrong hands these can be used to stalk and torment people.

It's just a stupid concept, if I personally have blocked someone I'll let them know, but if a girl is being tormented off a guy sometimes they don't wanna let em know. does anybody else agree?
In a way you're correct. When you're blocked you're blocked and you can't do anything about (neither a block checker will do anything about it)...

Although, I can perfectly imagine that knowing when you're blocked can also be a good thing. So they wouldn't be totally useless.

But I don't quite understand how block checkers could be used to stalk people though. Block checkers only check if you're blocked, nothing more.

quote:
Originally posted by MC Inferno
block checkers are useful
IF they would work...

Because as we all know, since a long time they don't work at all anymore and they only can check if you're blocked if the other user has choosen to allow everyone on his list. If the other user doesn't allow strange people on his allow list, then block checkers can only check if the other user is online or not, nothing more...

---

My opinion: IF they would work, they can be usefull
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-15-2005 02:09 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
instead of wondering you can sit there and cry to your self about being blocked :refuck:

i've done that once:$
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6671 days, 18 hours, 9 minutes, 36 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
08-15-2005 02:13 PM
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
I like them... they're useful if they work... But then again... if you wanna know if your blocked, just make a different E-mail address... you can add a bunch of people... and rarely ever go on it... and sign in on appear offline so that people don't ask who you are.
08-15-2005 02:23 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
To be honest, it's pretty easy to tell whether or not you've been blocked with most people. If that person isn't on for a really long time and didn't say that they were going away somewhere, you can safely assume that you've been blocked. And if they don't have you on their contact list, there's a 95% chance you've been blocked as well.
[Image: 7.png]
08-15-2005 02:27 PM
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
but most people have to approve your address before you can see tehm as online, and personaly if some body doesn't apper online with in 10 minutes(of being aproved), they're block untill they do sign in
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6671 days, 18 hours, 9 minutes, 36 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
08-15-2005 02:28 PM
Mentality

The Best Representation OF me IS ME!

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Pointless Block Check
Like Cookie Said they don't work 100% we all know that, but what i was getting at is that they are just pointless, if you havnt been told your blocked they don't want you to know, any lamebrainer knows that, but you got sad people who have to make up silly little worthless programs because they are so desperate to be liked. I agree they can be usefull (IF they worked) but they could be seriously neglected at the same time. therefore i think they are a waste of time, which they are anyways coz they don't work 100%
08-15-2005 04:38 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: