What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Txt Msg Problem

Txt Msg Problem
Author: Message:
Jurassic_Ice

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. Txt Msg Problem
I know this has nothing to do with msg plus but i was wondering if you guys can help me with my text messanging problem. on msn, people can send me txt messages, but now for somereason, when they send it, it takes liek 5 hours to send, why is that? anyone else have this problem? or had?

plz help
[Image: jaursicice.png]
10-10-2005 06:53 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
t1a0s

33 / Male / Flag
RE: Txt Msg Problem
If you are using the built in text messaging service on MSN, you should e-mail customer support, they'll have the best chance of helping you.

EDIT: Maybe this thread would be better in the MSN/Windows Messenger forum

This post was edited on 10-10-2005 at 07:31 PM by t1a0s.

Member since 7123 days, 19 hours, 10 minutes, 48 seconds ago.
10-10-2005 07:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Txt Msg Problem
quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic_Ice
I know this has nothing to do with msg plus but i was wondering if you guys can help me with my text messanging problem. on msn, people can send me txt messages, but now for somereason, when they send it, it takes liek 5 hours to send, why is that? anyone else have this problem? or had?

plz help
Text messages are send thru SMS servers (text messaging servers). These are independant of the MSN servers and have actually nothing todo with MSN (it is only in the last step in the chain that the SMS servers send the messages to the MSN servers).

Those SMS servers are from your (or rather your contact's) local phone provider (hence the text-messaging service in MSN Messenger isn't available for everyone).

Such SMS servers are known to experience lag when there is much traffic on them (eg: with new years eve this is most apparent) or when they are under maintenance... It could also be possible that text messaging thru the MSN Messenger servers has a lower priority than normal 'phone-to-phone' text messages and thus are put later in the queue.

This post was edited on 10-10-2005 at 11:44 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-10-2005 11:42 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: