What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Archive » Petition to save Messenger Plus!

Pages: (29): « First « 10 11 12 13 [ 14 ] 15 16 17 18 » Last »
Petition to save Messenger Plus!
Author: Message:
dreaded

RE: Petition to save Messenger Plus!
I think ms is trying to end msgplus. I think ms will regret that to if that does happen. I think it might be a good idea for everyone to stop using msn messenger if ms does nothing.

This post was edited on 08-18-2005 at 12:40 PM by dreaded.
08-18-2005 12:38 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
craigbrass

(please note that I AM on Patchou's side, I am just stating the ineviatable of how MS conduct themselfs).

Maybe Patchou could create a whole new messenger protocol and messenger if it happens.
08-18-2005 12:41 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
dreaded

Well since you brought that up, it would be cool if Patchou went and worked for google or work out something with them. From the news not long ago google is being urged to make a messenger. Google makes a messenger and whips ms a** with tons of features and stuff cause of Patchou's involvement.
08-18-2005 12:53 PM
mandorallen

The Mandorallen

48 / Male / Flag
Signed (y)
[Image: 2.jpg]
08-18-2005 01:17 PM
Doorknob

RE: RE: Petition to save Messenger Plus!
quote:
Originally posted by dreaded
Well since you brought that up, it would be cool if Patchou went and worked for google or work out something with them. From the news not long ago google is being urged to make a messenger. Google makes a messenger and whips ms a** with tons of features and stuff cause of Patchou's involvement.

if worst comes to worst, i hope that would happen since i quite like the idea :)
08-18-2005 01:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
laksamana

signed and sent.
08-18-2005 02:58 PM
dreaded

Why dont this get put on a tv? Alerting people that ms antispyware dont even do what it is suppose to. It is deleting the program and leaving the advertisements. Wonder how good that would look for ms tv stations warning people that ms antispyware is flawed it deletes things it shouldnt and actually leaves what it suppose to clean. Anyone work for or know anyone from cnn, abc, nbc or cbs?

This post was edited on 08-18-2005 at 03:04 PM by dreaded.
08-18-2005 03:01 PM
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by craigbrass
Maybe Patchou could create a whole new messenger protocol and messenger if it happens.
Well alot of Plus users use gmail but some don't....so unless gmail becomes public, and everyone joins this wouldnt work. However I for one use gmail on msn messenger so I would most gladly use it on google messenger as long as I can still connect to the msn messenger servers to talk to my friends who havent switched. And if Patchou would work for them it would be great.

However I highly doubt that he would want to work for a company....He's pretty popular on his own(y)
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
08-18-2005 03:08 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
jegar

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Hello,

my friends, I have sad news. After several emails sent to various sections of Microsoft, the Microsoft Anti-Spyware problem that currently plagues Messenger Plus! has not been solved. This particular branch of Microsoft seems to persist in denying the obvious truth which is that their software is damaging some of their users' computers by detecting Messenger Plus! when the sponsor is not installed and by reporting&deleting files they have no reason to detect in the first place.

Thank you,
Patchou

I think you people are wound too tight.  I have been using MessengerPlus! with Microsoft AntiSpyware since Microspud first put it out.  The first time I ran it it told me MessengerPlus! contained spy ware, given the fact that  I had disabled the sponsor routines when I installed Plus! and knew this not to be true I simply put Plus! in my Ignored Spy ware File.  I have not a problem since.  Maybe you should all RTFD for MAS
08-18-2005 07:14 PM
craigbrass

As Microsoft provide spyware definitions to SunBelt Software (makers of CounterSpy), won't the level on that also match up to Microsoft's product soon when the release a new version with latest definitions?
08-18-2005 07:52 PM
Pages: (29): « First « 10 11 12 13 [ 14 ] 15 16 17 18 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: