What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Archive » Petition to save Messenger Plus!

Pages: (29): « First « 16 17 18 19 [ 20 ] 21 22 23 24 » Last »
Petition to save Messenger Plus!
Author: Message:
guanako
Veteran Member

ALbert0

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Petition to save Messenger Plus!
seems not to work here either :(
[Image: guanako20.png]
08-22-2005 06:06 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
I seem to be unable to access MsgPlus.net and as a result the petition is unavailable to anyone who wishes to sign it, assuming this is a problem with the server and not myself, does anyone know the problem?
Looks like the site is down. It was ok an hour ago.

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

08-22-2005 06:21 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
wj
Former Admin

I aim to misbehave.

39 / – / Flag
Patchou is aware of the problem, Probably just regular maintnence, but if it's something more he'll get to the bottom of it.
"A towel is about the most massively useful
thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have."
08-22-2005 06:26 PM
Schockwave

On Top of a Mountain

RE: RE: Petition to save Messenger Plus!
quote:
Originally posted by Regexp

All this because of the current trend that the more a program detects the better it is (disregarding what exactly it is it detects). That's what you get when the "fight against malware" gets out of hand and taken over by people who have every benefit in keeping the users dumb and uninformed, all under the name of "make a PC n00b friendly".

Don't get me wrong though, when they do work like they should, they are very good tools, but still should be used with some basic knowledge and common sense...

Thanks for that, you are probably right, a lot of people do not have much knowledge of what they install, but hear what sort of programs they need, install them and then do not take the trouble to find out if and how they work, whether they are conflicting with programs etc, on the PC.

This post was edited on 08-22-2005 at 10:13 PM by Schockwave.
AIM: schockwave500
Yahoo: schockwave500
MSN Messenger: mystery500@live.com

08-22-2005 10:11 PM
[MR]
Veteran Member

Scruffy Ruffy

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Schockwave
Why use Microsoft antispyware, if it causes all these problems? There are other antispyware, mine comes with my antivirus, and my firewall will be coming out with it in the new version shortly.

i use MS antispyware b/c it is good for everything else too.
[Image: siggy20ss.jpg]
08-22-2005 10:15 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
henri

– / Male / –
i did it be cos i have Ben using it since v1 did not use v2 and now using v3

This post was edited on 08-23-2005 at 03:59 PM by henri.
[Image: henri.png]
08-23-2005 12:04 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
shine
Veteran Member

Recharging......

49 / Male / –
(y) Signed up... Never Never Never Give up Patchou
08-23-2005 10:13 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Shaggie

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Petition to save Messenger Plus!
quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
not to be mean shaggie but:
quote:
Originally posted by http://shoutbox.menthix.net/rules.html
# Spam: Any post that is off-topic or contributes nothing useful or interesting to a thread is considered to be spam. Most spam posts will be moved or deleted. Spam includes posts that:

* only contain emoticons.
    * only contain a short message, such as "LOL" or "hello."
    * are posted more than once, or immediately after another one of your posts (double post). There is an edit button. Learn to use it.

double post!
quote:
Originally posted by Shaggie
So I think everyone here should Provide feedback to the MS AntiSpyware team.  Please keep it clean, nice, and respectful, otherwise they will just ignore all of our complaints.
Great idea! Except theres no use...this petition will be just that...but alot of paper:P

First of all I totally disagree that it would be no use.  Who do you think the antispyware team would be more likely to listen to,  it's users or one person who sends a list with people's names on it (with comments).  I admit it is a very large list, and possibly us including the fact that we signed the petition willingly in our email.  Do you think that they will listen to one person who has thousands of names printed on paper, or to thousands of users complaining about this behaviour.  I am not trying to belittle the petition in any way.  I beleive that petitions are often a good thing, however I have not seen many Web based petitions have much affect.  I generally attribute this to the person's actual signature not being on the petition.  For all the Antispyware team knows, Patchou could have just used the Internet phone book to compile a list of 20,000 names and add random quotes to them.  Of course it would take a good deal of time on his part to do this.  Personally I feel that, without our involvement, they are less inclined to believe that the petition is genuine.

Second of all you seem to think I am spamming; you say I have created a double post.  In my opinion, it wasn't a double post, it was the start of a separate thread that was calling people to arms, figuratively speaking.  I created this as a separate thread because of my desire to bring my idea to the attention of as many people as possible.  I figured that most people would not be reading the entire thread.  Usually they just look at a few posts in the thread and add their comment to the end.  As a separate thread, I felt it would gain much more attention and would get more of the MsgPlus users to become more actively involved in solving this problem.  If you look at my posting record, you will see that I have never spammed here before (to the best of my knowledge except possibly in "Testing & Trashing"  and probably not even there).  I rarely post unless I feel I have something useful to contribute.  Heck my current post count is only at 67 and I joined over 3 years ago.
The fact that you DELETED MY THREAD makes me feel a little less welcome, and that you believe that your point is the only one that counts.
08-24-2005 12:24 AM
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Shaggie
The fact that you DELETED MY THREAD makes me feel a little less welcome, and that you believe that your point is the only one that counts.
Please, don't feel this way. You are more than welcome to express your thoughts in these forums.

Maybe the way lou_habs put it was a little bit harsh. Please, remember, one member doesn't represent the whole community (this includes me, especially).

The thing about your suggestion was that many users do not express themselves like you do (in such a polite manner). They also say things without realizing what it means. It clearly would make things worse for Patchou and the MSAS team.

Please, also remember, that the forum rules state that you should not post many times the same thing. Which is why some of your posts had to be removed (aside from the fact that they deleted both duplicates).

I think writing to the MSAS team is a good idea, but knowing them, they'll just ignore us. Feel free to tell your friends to do that, because I have the feeling that the people you know are as well-mannered as you. (Y)

Cheers! :)

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

08-24-2005 12:44 AM
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by MR_5_MR

i use MS antispyware b/c it is good for everything else too