What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Mind Control

Pages: (7): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 » Last »
Mind Control
Author: Message:
gif83

41 / Male / Flag
RE: Mind Control
quote:
Originally posted by Kao
i doubt it'd work at all in something which was just a picture, it's something that would have to be done througout something like a film or video clip (flash video etc).

it's too noticable in something like a signature which is a still image then changes.

films and video clips ARE still images that change
08-19-2005 03:00 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
yes but what he means is that most people's signatures don't change, no matter how long you look at them for. If it suddenly said "buy McDonalds" or whatever, it would be too noticable.

However, films and video clips are stills that are constantly changing, and you expect them to, so if every 5 minutes, the McDonalds logo appeared for one frame and then dissapeared, it would be less noticable.
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
08-19-2005 03:03 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
and also, as I said before, movies and giant LED bill boards on the street are media which are watched constantly for a long time and on a very big scale/screen. That's also a major difference compared to some moving pics on a site or forum...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-19-2005 06:58 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
anyone seen the movie josie and the pussycats :lol:

or any show made by darren brown..

they have these all the time.

Seen Josie and the pussy cats lol it was an "ok" movie :p
08-19-2005 07:24 PM
Purity
Veteran Member

AngelFuck

34 / Female / –
*gasp* I made one of these! like months ago! :cheesy:

[Image: yourtmygot5al.gif]
[Image: puritysig8.jpg/]
www.purity.toastednet.org
08-19-2005 07:58 PM
SikStyles

DeathCult

34 / Male / Flag
pure ur sig takes too long to load :P its .png :P

but anyhoo what they do in movies i believe is create this environment that makes u think u in it, in other words lets say u see a clip where a guy runs on the beach and then he stops and drinks cold icy water, doesnt that make u feel like water too, especially when u havent had any for a long time.

when i was a little kid and when i watched movies where a guy poured himsefl something to drink i always wanted that drink..

so what i think is that they create an environment and put like a coca-cola for example in it. people will see it and they want it because they watched the movie, and you know when u watch a movie you are concertrated so people who make movies take advantage of your concertration..

maybe try to create a picture with an environment (a guy running on the beach with cold icy water bottle in his hand for example)
You're still breathing? Why?
Get off the cross, the wood is needed.
[Image: userbar.jpg]

08-19-2005 08:06 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
gif83

41 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by SikStyles
pure ur sig takes too long to load :P its .png :P

but anyhoo what they do in movies i believe is create this environment that makes u think u in it, in other words lets say u see a clip where a guy runs on the beach and then he stops and drinks cold icy water, doesnt that make u feel like water too, especially when u havent had any for a long time.

when i was a little kid and when i watched movies where a guy poured himsefl something to drink i always wanted that drink..

so what i think is that they create an environment and put like a coca-cola for example in it. people will see it and they want it because they watched the movie, and you know when u watch a movie you are concertrated so people who make movies take advantage of your concertration..

maybe try to create a picture with an environment (a guy running on the beach with cold icy water bottle in his hand for example)

agreed that product placement is an important and powerful tool in mind control for selling something.. but it is completely different from the subliminal messages being discussed here.

subliminal messages don't have to come in short bursts either (as far as i'm aware) it can be something that's constantly there but unnoticeable like a sign in the background that says some name that is constantly repeated throughout a film or something... whatever the sign says, the viewer may become accustomed to it and have a sense of familiarity.

anyway... enough of my babble.
08-19-2005 09:42 PM
dotNorma
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
You cant write a message, it should be a picture. And it wouldnt work on anybody from a forum signature.

Those type of things work because like...When you are at a movie, you always have the urge to buy a drink or popcorn or a snack. Now your eyes capture the image, but it goes by to fast for you to actually recognize it was shown. However, your brain still gets the message and it says "Coca Cola" so you think of Coca Cola and you realise you want a Coca Cola. Its more effective if done several times so the person continuesly thinks/wants a Coca Cola and then finish it off by having actors enjoy a Cola in the movie. My friends mom is a phsyciatrist and his science projects always involve stuff like this. He uses us as expirements, its pretty cool (y)
08-19-2005 11:59 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Mentality

The Best Representation OF me IS ME!

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Mind Control
does anybody else think that if there was a different frame rate, and if I hadnt have spoke about it, that they would have noticed? Truthfully?
08-20-2005 01:46 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Mentality
does anybody else think that if there was a different frame rate, and if I hadnt have spoke about it, that they would have noticed? Truthfully?
Most probably...its like a flashing thing..it shows out alot! :P

But I like this idea
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
08-20-2005 03:08 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (7): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: