What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » "Out to Lunch" plugin

Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
"Out to Lunch" plugin
Author: Message:
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: "Out to Lunch" plugin
quote:
Originally posted by Madman
quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
And it wouldnt require Plus! or anything else because its a custom status which (I think) dont require the other person to have Plus!.
Plus custom statuses do require the other person to have plus. Other wise they see {Status tag} in your name.
I dont really see the point of this plugin when the same effect can be acheived by using 3-4 custom statuses
Why waste time making 3-4 other statuses when one plugin automatically detects the time of day and by clicking "Out to Lunch" changes it automatically? What part of that do you NOT understand?
quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
And to use a plugin you need plus! :P
And to see the plugin's special status you need the plugin :P
Why not just make a custom status and let the task scheduler change your status
Do I eat at the same time EVERYDAY? No.
08-18-2005 10:00 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
multimillion2k

– / Male / –
RE: "Out to Lunch" plugin
What you're asking for has complications.
quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
Why waste time making 3-4 other statuses when one plugin automatically detects the time of day and by clicking "Out to Lunch" changes it automatically? What part of that do you NOT understand?
Even if this was possible, your contact would still need to have something installed that would interpret either your special status, your local time, or both. At the moment it isn't possible for your contact to see a status like this through Messenger alone.
At this point, the easiest way to get this feature is by sending Microsoft a nice friendly email and a box of chocolates.
08-18-2005 10:14 PM
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
How about you just use "Away" for now hmm? It's generic enough.

Facts:

Messenger Plus! will be needed IF this is a plugin, based on where this topic has been created, it should be.

Your contacts will NOT need the plugin as it would generally just utilise the Custom Statuses feature that Messenger Plus! provides, which means your contacts will need Messenger Plus! in order for this to be successful.

However, the plugin will need to:
[*]determine the time of day (easy to do)
[*]activate when you set your status to "Out to Lunch"
[*]Set the custom status according to the time of day determined by the plugin.

Currently this isn't do-able without Messenger Plus!'s custom statuses feature and is not do-able without a plugin to interpret the system time + set the corresponding status.

Now stop biting everyone, all they're doing is trying to help. It's not possible, yet. I wouldn't have had to reply if you would have only read what the other people posted.
08-19-2005 12:01 AM
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by multimillion2k
Even if this was possible, your contact would still need to have something installed that would interpret either your special status, your local time, or both. At the moment it isn't possible for your contact to see a status like this through Messenger alone.
At this point, the easiest way to get this feature is by sending Microsoft a nice friendly email and a box of chocolates.
People do not understand it seems...
The "special status" yes because it would be a custom status but why the f*ck do they have to know my local time? That would depend on the client side to set it as a normal "Out To Lunch" or a special status "Out To Dinner" "Out To Breakfast". Some of your dont read or dont understand.
08-19-2005 12:06 AM
multimillion2k

– / Male / –
My apologies, I did misinterpret your original post. A plugin would be very possible and reasonably simple to construct provided you possessed sufficient programming knowledge..

This post was edited on 08-19-2005 at 12:29 AM by multimillion2k.
08-19-2005 12:29 AM
gif83

41 / Male / Flag
if you are worried at the moment about lunch defining a time or that having separate custom statuses would be too much hassle, why not (while you are waiting for someone to create a plugin) use a single custom status, somewhere along the lines of :

"can't talk.. eating!"
08-19-2005 12:53 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by gif83
if you are worried at the moment about lunch defining a time or that having separate custom statuses would be too much hassle, why not (while you are waiting for someone to create a plugin) use a single custom status, somewhere along the lines of :

"can't talk.. eating!"
For all I use a generic {Eating} Im Eating

"Out to x" would be better

And sorry that I got a bit fustrated and angered.
08-22-2005 01:52 AM
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
Ok, this might not be what you want, and might be a little bit buggy (I tested it once and it gave me a correct tag).

This compares the time of the day and changes your status to "away" + the "Out to ..." status tag. Your contact only needs Messenger Plus! to see the tag (as with any custom status). But the plugin, of course, is not needed by anyone else but you. :)

The status tags will be: "Breakfast" between 6am and 10am; "Lunch" between 11am and 2pm; "Snack" between 3pm and 6pm; "Dinner" between 7pm and 11pm; "Snack" between 12am and 5am. (If you want me to change them, PM me :)).

To install, simply put it in the Plugins folder of Messenger Plus! (usually "C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\Plugins") and run the OutToPlug.reg file (to add the little info to the registry).

To set your status, simply type "/xotset" in a conversation window and it'll do the rest. :)

Anyway, you can download it from here: OutToPlug 0.2.7.

If this isn't what you wanted, sorry. I'll delete my post. (Y)

This post was edited on 08-24-2005 at 09:12 AM by L. Coyote.

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

08-22-2005 02:47 AM
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
hey why not use a quick text?

people underestimate the power of a well written quick text often [Image: msn_grin.gif]

08-22-2005 01:29 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
I would be quite a fan of this but times would be hard, what some people call lunch, others called dinner etc.

quote:
Originally posted by Regexp
To install, simply put it in the Plugins folder of Messenger Plus! (usually "C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\Plugins") and run the OutToPlug.reg file (to add the little info to the registry).

Can i just remind people they need to exit MSN and Plus before they put a plugin in the directory too :)
08-22-2005 01:40 PM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: