What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » New thread/username.

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
New thread/username.
Author: Message:
Rubber Stamp

It Was Never Random

34 / Male / –
RE: New thread/username.
i got it thanx........urrgghhhh
the damn thing logged me out...it is evil and must die
08-18-2005 05:03 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
It is very usefull if you use the forum in public places, if you don't want to impersonate somenoe who worked on the PC before you and forgot to log out...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-18-2005 05:07 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Rubber Stamp

It Was Never Random

34 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
It is very usefull if you use the forum in public places, if you don't want to impersonate somenoe who worked on the PC before you and forgot to log out..
ohh....now i get it...but cant a person who doesnt want to impersonate another simply log off and login again wid a diff account....
and its evil and must die
08-18-2005 05:21 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: New thread/username.
quote:
Originally posted by Freaky Guy
quote:
It is very usefull if you use the forum in public places, if you don't want to impersonate somenoe who worked on the PC before you and forgot to log out..
ohh....now i get it...but cant a person who doesnt want to impersonate another simply log off and login again wid a diff account....
yes,

but then you have to press "logout", "log in", enter login and pwd, find the thread your wanted to reply to, and finaly press the reply button again... and _normally_ (I might hope :D) such a button as "change user" does all this automatically (well except the entering of your login and pwd of course). Dunno why the one on this forum doesn't as it would be a big shortcut. Maybe the functionallity on this board is intended to be somewhat different, but because nobody can/should have 2 accounts it isn't enabled, dunno... however that is what such buttons normally do; provide a shortcut to switch users so you don't have to press that many buttons and find the thread again you wanted to post in.
08-19-2005 03:03 AM
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
yes,

but then you have to press "logout", "log in", enter login and pwd, find the thread your wanted to reply to, and finaly press the reply button again... and _normally_ (I might hope :D) such a button as "change user" does all this automatically (well except the entering of your login and pwd of course). Dunno why the one on this forum doesn't as it would be a big shortcut. Maybe the functionallity on this board is intended to be somewhat different, but because nobody can/should have 2 accounts it isn't enabled, dunno... however that is what such buttons normally do; provide a shortcut to switch users so you don't have to press that many buttons and find the thread again you wanted to post in.

nope, just sends you to logout.php then the index.
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
08-19-2005 03:06 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
quote:
yes,

but then you have to press "logout", "log in", enter login and pwd, find the thread your wanted to reply to, and finaly press the reply button again... and _normally_ (I might hope :D) such a button as "change user" does all this automatically (well except the entering of your login and pwd of course). Dunno why the one on this forum doesn't (aka it simply functions as a logout button aka it sends you to logout.php) as it would be a big shortcut. Maybe the functionallity on this board is intended to be somewhat different, but because nobody can/should have 2 accounts it isn't enabled, dunno... however that is what such buttons normally do; provide a shortcut to switch users so you don't have to press that many buttons and find the thread again you wanted to post in.

nope, just sends you to logout.php then the index.
that's exactly what I said and are talking about in the text you just quoted (see underlined text) :dodgy:

This post was edited on 08-19-2005 at 03:16 AM by CookieRevised.
08-19-2005 03:14 AM
emit
Disabled Account

O.P. RE: New thread/username.
That's exactly why I questioned its usefulness in the first place.
08-19-2005 01:27 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: