What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » [Suggestion] (FAQ's Option)

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
[Suggestion] (FAQ's Option)
Author: Message:
blackjack

=/

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Suggestion]
Umm.. well.. now that u say that i think you are right.. that was a cool idea :P.. cough..

I had some others.. like this.. but well.. better luck next time.. :P

Edit: But i like my idea :banana:

This post was edited on 08-21-2005 at 07:23 PM by blackjack.
[Image: z3n0900.ashx]
08-20-2005 10:56 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
mandorallen

The Mandorallen

48 / Male / Flag
RE: [Suggestion]
I think it's a very good idea, it would be more useful for newies if this link go to the forums, not only the official website.

And choose the forum by lenguage, will be good to.

Two cents for you, blacky :p
[Image: 2.jpg]
08-21-2005 12:47 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
Agreed :D... A link to the forums would be cool in that little plus menu... Be alot faster for me.
08-21-2005 01:21 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
blackjack

=/

36 / Male / Flag
This thread is going down and down.. and no opinion added by Patchou..

I think this is a very good idea, for new users, etc. The way the help is given in the Online Help section is not very good (If u dont speak English) and would be hard to surf around the options.. To get the help u want.. A link of all the Questions possibles (Like my suggestion) Would be nice for that people who doesnt know where to ask.

(And the Other forums are not very well advertised..) The only visible Help is in English.. :S (Sorry if i sound rude with this post)

[Image: ayudaadicional6ny.jpg]
(Additional help offered, Just in English)

[Image: forosingles5eo.jpg]

(English forums are the main being Advertised, Even if u select spanish)

[Image: littlelink1js.jpg]

Of course theres a small tiny Link there.. (But like i said, how people is going to surf all the page.. (If they dont know english?)

All of this is an Example, about spanish coz thats my main lang. But other people who talks other langs.. is asking for Help out there! and they dont even know about it :S

Thanks in advance.

blaCkjaCk

08-23-2005 12:42 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [Suggestion]
quote:
Originally posted by Choli
I don't think it is a so good idea... It's ok, but i also think that currently that menu gives you to the help page in msgplus.net and there there are several links to the forums (both these ones and the spanish ones) and there is a lot of information in msgplsu.net too.

Also, in the about box of Plus there is a link to help section of msgplus.net

And I don't think Patchou would like to include a link in PLus to some site outside his own one, msgplus.net

I agree....

The about window already links to many pages, all you need to do is read them or follow the links further.

Though, somebody who doesn't read an installer isn't going to read such links. But placing such links inside a menu (were links should _never_ be IMHO) isn't going to help that at all. It only is going to mess up the menu and goes against most conventions that a menu item is always a command or takes you to a dialog, not a link to the internet!

The proper place for links in a program is in the about window or on obvious places if it is suitable, not in menu's.

As for the language problem: if you link to a FAQ, help section, forum or whatever, the language problem is always going to be there, so that's no argument...

quote:
Originally posted by blaCkjaCk
Edit: I know there are Some FAQs in the Online Help section.. but i think this.. would be much easier..
and it also would be far less correct. With all respect but such faqs on forums are never totally complete/correct and there are extremely many things missing in that faq (even if it is meant as a brief faq). eg: all the links to more detailed post and links to the official help sections, etc...

This post was edited on 08-23-2005 at 01:13 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-23-2005 01:06 AM
blackjack

=/

36 / Male / Flag
Then something needs to be Done (Translate FAQ's Being ofered in Main Page)
08-23-2005 01:14 AM
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
I agree with Choli and Cookie. However I support the idea of including more help in several forms.

For example, "Tip of the day". I'd add a softly animated icon on the Plus sidebar (the vertical bar to the left of the text input in the conversation windows) that would prompt a little window showing a tip and a link to the feature (or the explanation on how to achieve a certain "obscure" feature in MP!, like for example, formatting your nickname). After prompting once a day (or each reboot), the icon would vanish. This could obviously be disabled in preferences.

Compiling a help file is much too much work and is usually pointless, because it's probably the last place most people will ever check. However short 'n smart advices may help the user to dive deeper into MP!.

This post was edited on 08-23-2005 at 01:26 AM by KeyStorm.
08-23-2005 01:24 AM
blackjack

=/

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: [Suggestion]
quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
I agree with Choli and Cookie. However I support the idea of including more help in several forms.

For example, "Tip of the day". I'd add a softly animated icon on the Plus sidebar (the vertical bar to the left of the text input in the conversation windows) that would prompt a little window showing a tip and a link to the feature (or the explanation on how to achieve a certain "obscure" feature in MP!, like for example, formatting your nickname). After prompting once a day (or each reboot), the icon would vanish. This could obviously be disabled in preferences.

Compiling a help file is much too much work and is usually pointless, because it's probably the last place most people will ever check. However short 'n smart advices may help the user to dive deeper into MP!.

Well i think i like ur Idea, Important thing is give more Help.. That was my Main intention :P.. But i obviously fail :S.
08-23-2005 01:28 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
giving more help is good, it is even excellent.... but the user also needs to read it (it is often there were the issue is)...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-23-2005 01:35 AM
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
RE: [Suggestion] (FAQ's Option)
Therefore I think that several short and well targeted inbuilt messages could help... :^)

This post was edited on 08-23-2005 at 01:59 AM by KeyStorm.
08-23-2005 01:44 AM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: