What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Last missed messeges [Feature Request]

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Last missed messeges [Feature Request]
Author: Message:
robochief

– / Male / –
RE: Last missed messeges [Feature Request]
Yes, of course Boss Protection works fine, but can't it be done? (what he asks for in first place)
07-29-2005 10:37 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
cashmc

35 / Male / –
RE: Last missed messeges [Feature Request]
Messenger Discovery X - does this for you. you can enable it to hold your messages when your status is set to away.

At the moment it doesnt support the new messenger 7.5, but a update is due with in the next few hours

http://www.msgdiscovery.com/download.php

08-24-2005 08:38 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Last missed messeges [Feature Request]
quote:
Originally posted by robochief
Yes, of course Boss Protection works fine, but can't it be done? (what he asks for in first place)

sure it can...

The question is, is it also usefull for thousands of people and equaly important: isn't there any other way which already exists which does the same thing or is there a cause to all this which should be solved instead of making workarounds (aka learn to use a computer and put 1 and 1 together... no offense though, I'm not saying you don't know your stuff, I'm just trying to make a global point as why certain stuff isn't added).

In this case, there are alternatives or things you logically would/could do to prevent such situations....

eg: Your brother takes control of your messenger? Then lock it. Or even lock Windows.... This is the cause of the situation and the solution is simple, don't let your brother use the PC while you are away for a minute. It is almost the same as asking to add a system in Plus! so your brother can't start up certain programs anymore. Again, the same cause, but not up to Plus! to fix that...

Another already existing, and explained, method is to learn to use Windows Explorer and sorting your chatlogs...

Another already existing, and suggested, method is to use boss protection or other method of locking down Messenger while you are away.

Another already existing, but bit dodgy, method is to use the quoting system build in into Plus!

etc...

Thus, such features are not quickly added as there are far more usefull or more unique things (which don't have existing workarounds) to add first.

--------------------------------

blah, its hard to explain though, especially when my mother tongue isn't English; anyways since MessengerDiscovery X seems to have such a feature (according to cashmc... personaly I don't know) you could install that together with Plus! for the time being...

--------------------------------

EDIT: come to think of it, there is even another workaround I think (if it is possible; it is just a wild thought): Install StuffPlug NG and make an autotalker which saves the last x messages and the contact who said them, let the autotalker save it to a file and add a quicktext command to open that file when you need to....

This post was edited on 08-25-2005 at 01:03 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-25-2005 12:57 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: