What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Knowledge vs. Faith

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
Knowledge vs. Faith
Author: Message:
Garndell

Welcome to Elvie's World!!!

40 / Male / –
RE: RE: Knowledge vs. Faith
quote:
Originally posted by MR_5_MR
quote:
Originally posted by Skeew
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Personally, I think that it is a load of balls...

I have to agree with Traxor, i think that the whole idea of religion is stupid!

religion isnt stupid because it gives people somthing to hope in.  if there is no hope there is no reason to go on...hope in God makes us go on in life...its actually pretty simple.

And those that do not believe in God, people like Atheists, Satanists, Pagans etc....

Before you say it, Satan is not a "god".  I'm a satanist, but I have my own personal twist on it.  I don't belive in any supernatural being, just myself.  I choose to be what people define as good or evil, to me it's just me doing what I want to do.
[Image: c2-garndell.jpg]
08-21-2005 10:11 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
[MR]
Veteran Member

Scruffy Ruffy

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Knowledge vs. Faith
quote:
Originally posted by damm-o
i belive the true thing is a combination of both, im religios,(catholic )
me too!
[Image: siggy20ss.jpg]
08-21-2005 10:38 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
multimillion2k

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Garndell
Before you say it, Satan is not a "god".  I'm a satanist, but I have my own personal twist on it.  I don't belive in any supernatural being, just myself.  I choose to be what people define as good or evil, to me it's just me doing what I want to do.
In Christian views, Satan is a liar whose goal is not to make you worship him, but to turn you away from God. The logic in this is that if you're not following God, you're following Satan - the bible states that if you're not moving towards God you're moving away from him - ie. you can't sit in a grey area in between.
08-21-2005 10:52 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
[MR]
Veteran Member

Scruffy Ruffy

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by multimillion2k
quote:
In Christian views, Satan is a liar whose goal is not to make you worship him, but to turn you away from God. The logic in this is that if you're not following God, you're following Satan - the bible states that if you're not moving towards God you're moving away from him - ie. you can't sit in a grey area in between.

yes you are right...you see only God is the truth and only truth come from God...now satan is the father of lies..he is trying to turn us away from God so we will die forever in hell...now God wants us to love him and he loves everyone..even those who do not love him or beleive in him...if we go by what God says then we can live forever in his everlasting kingdom which is Heaven...thats what i beleive in basically...im not trying to offend u Garndell in anyway.
[Image: siggy20ss.jpg]
08-21-2005 11:13 PM
YottabyteWizard

37 / Male / Flag
Knowledge > Faith

Because I go more to experimentation and millions of years of life, rather than religion. Cientific Methods (Y)

This post was edited on 08-21-2005 at 11:19 PM by YottabyteWizard.
08-21-2005 11:18 PM
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
i don't beleive in any god or any religion.

If the original reason for religion was to explain why we are here, then by saying a god who could suddenly create everything we know about and everything that exists must be infinatly times more complex than we are, so you have to answer the question, why is that god here?
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
08-22-2005 09:04 AM
gif83

41 / Male / Flag
people put faith in science because they think it makes sense... but why make current science absolute... it's all to do with the knowledge we aquire that we all learn from and share amongst each other. don't take science to be absolute, but do rely on your knowledge... and have faith in that knowledge. same goes for religion.
08-22-2005 02:18 PM
Garndell

Welcome to Elvie's World!!!

40 / Male / –
quote:
quote:
quote:

yes you are right...you see only God is the truth and only truth come from God...now satan is the father of lies..he is trying to turn us away from God so we will die forever in hell...now God wants us to love him and he loves everyone..even those who do not love him or beleive in him...if we go by what God says then we can live forever in his everlasting kingdom which is Heaven...thats what i beleive in basically...im not trying to offend u Garndell in anyway.

I know you aren't, but then I also know you are believeing a hipocrtical book/religion.  Again, my own twist on satanism puts me as satan/god as to me, you can't blame a supernatural being (that doesn't exist by the way) for a persons bad choices.

My belief was guided by the hipocrisy, bigotry & lies of the Christian church I was born into.  In satanism I found belief in myself above all else.  Christianity to me is a plague on this earth, just my opinion don't be offended by it.
[Image: c2-garndell.jpg]
08-22-2005 02:19 PM
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:

Then just become antireligous or part of the church of realism or something, the name scares people less :p

quote:
yes you are right...you see only God is the truth and only truth come from God...now satan is the father of lies..he is trying to turn us away from God so we will die forever in hell...

Im not trying to stick up for satan here, but think about what you just said. Who taught you that? believers of god ;)

Edit: OKAY WTF, WHY WAS THIS MY 666TH POST.

This post was edited on 08-22-2005 at 02:24 PM by ShawnZ.
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
08-22-2005 02:21 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
emit
Disabled Account

quote:

Ding! Hence: the grey fallacy.

quote:
My belief was guided by the hipocrisy, bigotry & lies of the Christian church I was born into.  In satanism I found belief in myself above all else.  Christianity to me is a plague on this earth, just my opinion don't be offended by it.

Spot the contradiction in terms.
08-22-2005 02:30 PM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: