What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » [rel] Transform your XP to Vista Inspirat

[rel] Transform your XP to Vista Inspirat
Author: Message:
Ahmad

@hmad

40 / Male / –
O.P. [rel] Transform your XP to Vista Inspirat
http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=362609

quote:
Originally posted by dlb
Remember... a few months ago Longhorn Inspirat BricoPack was released.
I had the project to create another version of this pack with blue colors! :p

So, today it is thing made with the pack Vista Inspirat! Like all the bricopacks, it is universal:
which means that this pack is for all Windows XP (32 bits versions) and for all languages! (h)

according to the fact that the icons are directly inserted in the system files of the OS, that doesn't slow down your system!!

one more time, thanks to Bricomix the creator of the installer! :)

This bricopack integrates also some additional softwares that you can activate or not during the installation! ;)

- Y'Z toolbar: this software allows you to change the icons of the toolbar "standard buttons" in explorer. It uses very little resources
- Object Dock: it is the animated toolbar like Mac OSX! Very sympathetic it works fine on the majority of the computers! However if you have a 733Mhz :he: , don't even thiink about it! :p
- iColorFolder: this software is used to easily change the color of a specific folder, so that you'll find it easily (look at our presentation)! Very practical (uses little resources)
- Y'Z shadow: it adds a shade around your windows and can also create an effect of transparency on some of them (uses many resources)! by the way, it gives really a very beautiful effect!
- ÜberIcon: a young & small software for all those who would like to animate the action of clicking! (look at our presentation)! - Created by http://www.punksoftware.com/

That's all for the softwares!
- Of course, you'll also find some wallpapers, a visual style with many options (compact start panel, style aero or XP...)
- and the logon on which we spent much time because we have tried to release one which could look fine whatever the definition of the screen is (don't you agree, bricomix??)

Now, I let to you discover this new bricopack!

http://en.crystalxp.net/bricopack-vista-inspirat.php
08-23-2005 04:34 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
uberdosis

digital evil

37 / Male / –
RE: [rel] Transform your XP to Vista Inspirat
Or don't be ghey and install vista.
[Image: skav.jpg]
08-24-2005 12:25 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
[MR]
Veteran Member

Scruffy Ruffy

33 / Male / Flag
it looks really cool but too bad once again i cant get it b/c i have windows 2000 :(  windows 2000 is now opsolete i guess :(
[Image: siggy20ss.jpg]
08-24-2005 01:41 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by »fusion
Or don't break the law, and stay with XP. ¬_¬

I'm pretty sure that you aren't allowed to skin xp without permission? I know it's not editing any .exe's, but it's what I heard somewhere, but please, correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't really like the transformation packs, after all, you're still running on Windows XP, and this is still apparent, so it's not as effective as it would  be if you were running Vista itself... I'm going to stick with my theme I think...
08-24-2005 09:03 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Ahmad

@hmad

40 / Male / –
O.P. RE: [rel] Transform your XP to Vista Inspirat
the visual style is beautiful... along with the icons

i guess my favorite thing in it is the "color label", it really makes it easy to have a folder stand out from the rest in just a simple click
08-24-2005 10:05 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Jhrono
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I'm pretty sure that you aren't allowed to skin xp without permission? I know it's not editing any .exe's, but it's what I heard somewhere, but please, correct me if I'm wrong.
Yeh, microsoft reserves the right for those, public development inst allowed ( Cough Cough lol)
08-24-2005 10:10 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user13774
Disabled Account

Stop bugging about legal/illegal.

I tried the Vista Inspirat shell style and I must say the creators did a great job! But I uninstalled it again because I think everything is a bit flashy and I don't really like the black (start bar)/ silver (windows) choice.
Everyone who thinks it looks great should try it! It includes a very professional installer and uninstaller which allows you to completely undo the changes and return to your old (previous) look. (Y)
08-24-2005 08:21 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: