What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » display drivers

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
display drivers
Author: Message:
MC Inferno
Veteran Member

www.mcinferno.co.uk

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: display drivers
ok, ive found it, but heres something, my orchid technologies isnt in the list. ive got two S3 ones that loook like this:

S3 Incorperated display picture v2.00.18 (which doesnt work, under code 37 :S)
S3 Trio 32/64

im guesin i haver nodrivers installed for orchid technologies, which would explain why I'm still on 16 colours with shit resloution.....?
08-24-2005 12:04 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
MC Inferno
Veteran Member

www.mcinferno.co.uk

35 / Male / Flag
sorry to double post, but i wanna bring this issue back up as no body has replied..... basically, i found simular way to install the stuff, (long story) using the add hardware wizard but i have a problem, its installed the OT Prodeisgner IIs ISA drivers but cant use em down to "code 10" whatever that means.... i dont think i have ET4000 whatever that is. If anyone knowas what im talking about or they think they can help, pelase do

(Ps. there was OT Prodeisgner IIs ISA and OT Prodeisgner IIs EISA, so installed both of em, both have the same problem [Code 10])

Edit: The OT Prodeisgner IIs EISA is starting to work!!!!!!!!!! lol na seriouisly, i got 16 bit colour now lol but still shit resloution, anyway i can improve this? (plus, since i've installed this, my computers gone very slow, can i solve this too?)

This post was edited on 08-24-2005 at 05:37 PM by MC Inferno.
08-24-2005 05:08 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: display drivers
What exactly have you done? What exactly are you doing? What exactly have you in that PC atm?

Slowing down problem: Have you attempted to install those Win3.1 drivers? This could well cause that problem. Another cause can be that some other graphic drivers (whatever you have installed; those S3 trio drivers maybe?) are not XP compatible but must be run in emulation mode (which slows down XP a lot)

The errors:
1) It sounds like you still have those other drivers installed. Always uninstall old drivers or not working drivers first before you attempt to install other drivers!
2) Never install more than 1 graphics driver!!
3) The S3 Incorperated display and S3 Trio 32/64 are card or drivers (whatever you have done or mean) which you have installed. Again, uninstall those first. Also the drivers I listed are for the Orchid card, not for the S3
4) The Orchid card IS an ET4000 graphics processor card. It has a max resolution of 1024x786.

----------------------

It all sounds like you are mixing everything up and mixing drivers with graphics cards etc, etc... Begin from a clean slate and follow instructions exactly. Concentrate and remember what you are doing and don't mix things up. If nothing works, buy a decent cheap graphic card (including drivers). A basic graphics card costs nothing these days....

This post was edited on 08-24-2005 at 05:55 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-24-2005 05:52 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
MC Inferno
Veteran Member

www.mcinferno.co.uk

35 / Male / Flag
Right, ive uninstalled all the S3 shit, and totally taken tha card out from the computer, the only driver i hve now is the OT Prodeisgner IIs EISA card, which has at the moment, 16 bit colour and no resloution options. 16 bit colour can easily do me (although I'd like more, im not arsed whatsoever) but the resloution is a pain, and the computer is still acting quite slow. Btw, ive only installed XP last nite, so theres no wehay I've got any crap on it, etc.
08-24-2005 06:10 PM
Reaper
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
not sure if this will make a difference, but have u installed the service packs?
08-24-2005 06:56 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MC Inferno
Veteran Member

www.mcinferno.co.uk

35 / Male / Flag
ive installed service pack 1, sevice pack 2 caused fuckin havoc last time i put it on so i aint doin it this time, that'll jus slow it down more.
08-24-2005 10:00 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by MC Inferno
ive installed service pack 1, sevice pack 2 caused fuckin havoc last time i put it on so i aint doin it this time, that'll jus slow it down more.
You _need_ to install all updates, fixes and SP's, MC Inferno. If you do it correctly nothing will be screwed up at all....

Without all the proper updates in place, we can't tell you what is going wrong at all; it might be anything....

This post was edited on 08-25-2005 at 01:11 AM by CookieRevised.
08-25-2005 01:09 AM
MC Inferno
Veteran Member

www.mcinferno.co.uk

35 / Male / Flag
i have a 4GB hard drive..... SP2 is practically 1GB, u have no idea how tough life is with it....... u cant have any room for shit, and it slows it down even slower than it is now
08-25-2005 12:44 PM
MC Inferno
Veteran Member

www.mcinferno.co.uk

35 / Male / Flag
so nobody can help me? i badly need to get this PC working again, its too slow to do anythin on it
08-26-2005 04:27 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Sorry, if nothing which was suggested in this thread worked, then buy a new graphics card (and update your Windows fully).

This post was edited on 08-26-2005 at 06:35 PM by CookieRevised.
08-26-2005 06:35 PM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: