What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » messenger hacking

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
messenger hacking
Author: Message:
charliegirl

– / Female / –
O.P. messenger hacking
[b][color=blue]:@I just figured out that someone I know is hacking into my messenger and likely my email account too. How can I stop this? I have already tried changing the password. Through my log files I found that he had some sort of 10 digit number that I assume could have something to do with them gaining access. For all I know they may be getting into my pc as well but don't knokw how to go about checking fo that. Tonight I turned on the event log viewer to see what happened while I was sleeping and when I woke up I had been signed in and out several times. Could someone tell me how I can stop this?    charliegirl
08-24-2005 11:04 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: messenger hacking
Do you have an anti virus or a firewall? :)
08-24-2005 11:06 AM
linx05

Charlie!!!

38 / Other / Flag
Most likely someone has gotten your password and have been signing into your account.

Change your secret question/answer.

Secret Question/Answer:
Make up a question and make sure the answer has nothing to do with the question at all. For example:
Q. What is my favourite colour?
A. lightbulbs_are_cool_667

This post was edited on 08-24-2005 at 12:00 PM by linx05.
For news on anything Tremors, visit Tremors News
End Darko
My blog about my film

Scripts I want to get made:
Taskbar icon to change when contact is typing
08-24-2005 11:18 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
zaher1988

Inseperable

36 / Male / Flag
well hey!! umm signed in and out doesn't really mean that someone is signing u in and out, it happens with me always, it's just about the connection.

but i dont really get what do u mean by hacking, is he remote controling ur pc,! need more details
08-24-2005 11:27 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
multimillion2k

– / Male / –
Hi, charliegirl - what makes you think someone is tampering with your account?

Regarding the event log viewer, I don't think that is any indication of anyone accessing your account.

Firstly, I would guess that when it says you have been logged out it means you have simply lost your connection to the server. I these cases Messenger automatically logs in again after about a minute. If there is less than 2 minutes between the time you were signed out and the time you were signed in again, I'm pretty sure that would be the explanation for this.

Secondly, If someone were to sign in using your account you wouldn't be signed back in, and the last entry in your Event Log Viewer would be 'You signed out'. The event log can only detect events coming from your computer.

The only exception that comes to mind is if someone were actually using your computer, as in someone in your house. Have you been mean to your brother lately..? :P

This post was edited on 08-24-2005 at 11:47 AM by multimillion2k.
08-24-2005 11:46 AM
zaher1988

Inseperable

36 / Male / Flag
and is there any keylogger in ur pc :P and somepeople come and use ur pc ?
08-24-2005 11:56 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
charliegirl

– / Female / –
O.P. RE: messenger hacking
Thanks for all the responses. Let see if I can answer them all clearly.
-Yes, Absorbation, I have avg anti virus and the sygate firewall.
-Linx05, I chnaged my password the other day and then when I went to sign in the next day it said I have signed in incorrectly too many times (which I hadn't) and I had to change the password again. This person would not know the answer to my secret question but I will take your advice and change it accordingly.
-zaher1988, Due to what was said in the conversation log I am worried that they are indeed hacking into my pc as well but not sure yet.
-multimillion2k, the event log viewer showed me being signed out (as I had left it on) at 3:53  and then signed back in at 4:10. There is noone else in my house and I'm never mean to my brother. He's bigger than me and he's a 50 year old  computer engineer. He's working on this right now from another city to see what he can come up with.
-zaher1988, there is no key logger in my pc that I know of-never heard of that.
Well, I think I covered everything. Hope someone can figure out how to foil these people. Also, is there any kind of log on a pc to record activities so that I can find out if they are accessing the pc itself? Thanks again. Charliegirl
08-24-2005 05:11 PM
guanako
Veteran Member

ALbert0

37 / Male / Flag
have u ever been sing out when u are online?
i yes msgr should tell you tell u this
[Image: attachment.php?pid=519926]

.png File Attachment: signout.png (5.92 KB)
This file has been downloaded 1789 time(s).
[Image: guanako20.png]
08-24-2005 05:28 PM
net-cruizer

TCP Junkie

– / Male / –
Sounds like you are just losing connection once in awhile.
I doubt someone is using your account, but you probably could just change your password to make sure, and if you still get signed out an on like before, then I'd say you're just losing connection temporarily.
Also, if you recieve the pop up mentioned above, that could just mean some application caused Windows Messenger to run a process in the background, which would sign you out of MSN Messenger.
08-24-2005 05:35 PM
charliegirl

– / Female / –
O.P. RE: messenger hacking
Guanako, Yes, these people knew for a fact that I was out the night that they accessed it as I was at the place where one of them works/lives . I can't recall if that message was on my pc when I got home or not. I believe I was still signed in when I returned . Charliegirl
Further to this, I just received an email from Microsoft Passport stating that I had asked to reset my password by email - but I didn't. Hmmm. CG
08-24-2005 05:40 PM
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: