What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » messenger hacking

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
messenger hacking
Author: Message:
net-cruizer

TCP Junkie

– / Male / –
RE: RE: messenger hacking
quote:
Originally posted by charliegirl
Further to this, I just received an email from Microsoft Passport stating that I had asked to reset my password by email - but I didn't. Hmmm. CG

Wow, I guess I was wrong, lol.
Well, if I were you, I'd definitely change password before someone else manages to change it on ya.
08-24-2005 05:47 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
charliegirl

– / Female / –
O.P. RE: messenger hacking
Yes, net-cruizer, I have changed my password again and now I'm going to take linx05's advice and change my secret question. One more thing I forgot to mention is that one of these individuals email address was on my log on list of who can sign in and she has never been signed in at my house. CG
08-24-2005 06:31 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
guanako
Veteran Member

ALbert0

37 / Male / Flag
RE: messenger hacking
post it and/or make a research of the adress
[Image: guanako20.png]
08-24-2005 06:34 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
lol someone used the password reset (the hacker) do not ask for this becuase they will just have access again :S
08-24-2005 06:35 PM
charliegirl

– / Female / –
Guanako-I know who it is already. I just don't know what they are doing and have to figure out if they are accessing the pc itself somehow.
Absorbation-No, I won't be using that re-set.
08-24-2005 07:05 PM
DeathzLord

Microsoft is nazism :-|

37 / Male / –
If somebody is trying to hack you, using the MicroSoft Network, you could easily send an email to the MSN service, or call them and tell them that somebody is trying that!

If you read the rules of the MicroSoft Network, they say that hacking, sending virusses or spamming over the network is illegal and the go over into action!

If they are willing to help you, they will search for every IP-Adress that was connected of was trying to with you account! If they got that and you tell them your own ip adress, they got the Attacker, now they can send the Attackers-IP to the  PoliceStation.

The police will proudly go to that mf's house and take him to the station so they can have a nice word with this loonatic!
[Image: hahaandblabla.jpg]
08-24-2005 08:00 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
charliegirl

– / Female / –
Thanks DeathzLord, I 'll do that if I have to once I find out what they are doing. This was supposed to be a friend so I hesitate to do anything drastic yet but won't think twice if I find out they are up to something underhanded.:fight:
08-25-2005 12:10 AM
zaher1988

Inseperable

36 / Male / Flag
Charliegirl, dont miss also to change ur alternate email!! and save ur profile information to use them later in case ur email was gone!coz u can contact msn and give them these info, this is in case that was happend!.

Are u sure ur not the one who sent the reset password mail ? coz maybe u tried to change ur password and used this way !

and i again insiste that u have a connection trouble, u said ur msn logs out and in, and u also said u have troubles sigining in, and this trouble isn't because a password, it's a network error.coz later u accessed to ur account.

i suggest that you check again the leylogger thing, it's a hidden thing, if someone can use ur pc and he has installed that softweare, sure he knows where are its log files and he will know ur password!. coz i dont think a password can be stolen that easy like before, it only can happen with : 1- keylogger 2- fake signin (and sure just an idiot can do sign in using this fake) 3- an easy secret answer. coz if u dont know ur secret answer neither ur alternate email neither ur billing info(if u have them) then there is no way else but to contact msn support which will ask u for a list of info for their investigation. so it's not that easy to steal ur password from a far place!.

regards
08-25-2005 07:19 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
stephen_wq

Fireball!

– / Male / –
When it says you are signed in on another computer, it will stay there until you click somewhere, or press a key, i know, i have had one for over 2 hours like that.

If someone gets your secret answer, then you are stuffed, because you cant sign in again, because the answer resets it, it doesnt tell them what it is, meaning if you can still get in, its not your secret question.

Keyloggers, got ad-aware, ms-antispyware(yes i know its evil), or spybot S&D?
08-25-2005 07:56 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
charliegirl

– / Female / –
Stephen_wq-I have ad-aware & webroot spy sweeper and if they got my secret answer before, they can't get it now as I used the method that was suggested earlier by lynx05 (was that his name?). As for the key logger thing that you and zaher1988 mentioned I have no idea how to find it. I could ask my brother but he is so busy I wouldn't heat back from him for a week. Can either of you give me a clue where to look for this? The keylogger thing could very well be on my pc without me knowing it as I have a 2nd hand laptop that was used by someone before for business.
For all I know, I could very well have a connection problem which would explain the signing in and out but usually, in my experience, it will not sign in after it losing connection. It always makes me sign in again. But if that is the problem how would you explain the log file that was saved with this other persons name on it whom I have never had a conversation and the conversation itself where he told my friend to close out the -------(my msn name) conversation window and she replied "how?"?
Also, I am positive I didn't ask for a password re-set by mail as there has been some questionable things going on in my email as well so I purposely chose not to do that. By the way there has been no strange activity that I'm aware of today so far but I haven't had a chance to really look into it yet. Thanks for all your replies. Charliegirl;) oh yeah, and I will do that alternate email and profile stuff thanks a lot.
:wink:

This post was edited on 08-26-2005 at 01:43 AM by charliegirl.
08-26-2005 01:41 AM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: