What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Need help using MSN Backup

Need help using MSN Backup
Author: Message:
ntruax

– / Male / –
O.P. Need help using MSN Backup
Hi, does anyone know how to use this thing?  I got it to backup all of my custom emoticons, backgrounds and display pictures, but I can't seem to get it to install them on another account.  First I typed in the address of the account I wanted to save all of them from and hit backup, it took forever but it finally said backup complete or something like that.  Then, I typed in the account address I wanted to load them to and clicked install objects (I signed into this account before doing this).  As soon as I clicked install it started opening these download windows that said "Download MSN Messenger Content", but it opened like 40 of these and just kept doing it.  :S  None of them appeared to be downloading anything???  +o(  I ended up using task manager to close MSN Backup. 

Can someone help me out with getting this to work?  I'm just trying to add all of my emoticons to my other account without having to do them individually because I have over a hundred easily.

Thanks for the help.

P.S.  I searched the forums for "emoticon backup" and the only program I could find that did anything like this was this one.  If someone knows of another program that will work please let me know.  Thanks.
08-24-2005 03:01 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Need help using MSN Backup
It's possibly adding them all one by one, even though it probably shouldn't do so. Check to see if anything's been added already by MSN Backup.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
08-24-2005 05:44 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
ntruax

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Need help using MSN Backup
I just checked it again and there's no custom emoticons for the other account at all.  I had a few loaded before I tried using that but now those are gone.  Not sure what the deal is?  [Image: 73moo]
08-24-2005 07:51 PM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
If you add a custom emoticon or DP manually, does that work?
[Image: spartaafk.png]
08-24-2005 08:19 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
ntruax

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Need help using MSN Backup
Yeah, if I try to load them manually they work fine.  It just sucks cause it'd take me so long to do them all manually.  :(
08-24-2005 09:24 PM
Killers2

hi

31 / Male / –
that sucks man:(
08-24-2005 11:17 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version