What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » MSN v7.5 & Messenger Plus problem

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
MSN v7.5 & Messenger Plus problem
Author: Message:
laserboy_toronto

O.P. MSN v7.5 & Messenger Plus problem
I installed the new public final version of MSN Messenger today (v7.5.0299) but it will not sign in with Messenger Plus installed.  I get the error message "Signing into MSN Messenger failed because the service is temporarily unavailable.  Please try again later.   To let us try and troubleshoot the problem, click the Troubleshoot button". 

So I hit the troubleshoot button and a "MSN Messenger Connection  Troubleshooter" window comes up.  Test results are:
1)  IP (ok)
2) Default Gateway   ...and this is where I get stuck.  It says "your gateway appears to be offline.  I hit repair, but it doesn't help.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks!

Don, Toronto Canada
08-24-2005 10:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
RE: MSN v7.5 & Messenger Plus problem
Yes many users have had that similar problem, it will work shortly, you just need to be paitent.
08-24-2005 10:21 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
SuPz

I got the same problem... i usually turn my firewall off and then log in
after i log in, i turn the firewall back on, simple :)

the problem is prob because your firewall is blocking msn or it is blocking your remote desktop connection (i have absolutely no idea what that is). if anyone can tell, it would be great help.
08-25-2005 01:32 PM
laserboy_toronto

O.P. RE: MSN v7.5 & Messenger Plus problem
I have Norton Internet Security 2005 and tried disabling the firewall when logging onto MSN but no luck.  Then I went so far as to disable all of my  "Services"  and "Startup" items in msconfig, rebooted and I still got the same error message & was unable to logon. 
When I uninstal Messenger Plus, MSN 7.5 logs in with no errors.
I like Messenger Plus! way too much, so I finally resigned myself to uninstalling MSN 7.5, re-installing MSN v7.0.0816 and then Messenger Plus! and using MessPatch - no problems that way.
So until I read more here about any possible workarounds, or a new compatible version of Messenger Plus, I'm going to stick with that configuration.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
08-25-2005 02:10 PM
YottabyteWizard

37 / Male / Flag
I don't know the solution... but Internet Security x version has always been giving me lot of problems with connections, no matter if the programs/networks are on Secure List. I'll never trust Symantec's Security again:@
08-25-2005 04:51 PM
Mentality

The Best Representation OF me IS ME!

38 / Male / Flag
im using norton internet security 2005 and so far i have no problems at all, watso ever. thats with mess 7.5public release with plus.
08-25-2005 05:25 PM
laserboy_toronto

O.P. Huh?  RE: MSN v7.5 & Messenger Plus problem
Ya, this is nothing to do with Norton Internet Security, I've elminated that by disabling all background services & other programs that normally load & run at startup (see above post).  There's something about MSN v7.5.0299 (final, public version) & Messenger Plus! v3.9.4 that just don't "get along" - at least on my machine. 

08-25-2005 06:24 PM
superjugy

I'm MegaMan Master, see my website!!

35 / Male / Flag
yeah, i had messenger 7.0 and messenger plus 3 with stiff plug and when i saw in stuffplug.com that stuffplug doesnt get along messenger 7.5 so i disabled it before install the new version cause the author says he is going to corect it soon, but when i installed it, meseenger started normal but i couldnt open a window conversation, i uninstalled messenger plus and it worked perfectly now, but im scared of reinstalling plus, maybe it wont work again. but ill give it a shot and ill tell you. :)
well just as i said, it didnt worked, just as i am initiating it i closes itself and mark an error :( :(

This post was edited on 08-26-2005 at 07:18 AM by WDZ.
08-26-2005 03:17 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
laserboy_toronto

O.P. RE: MSN v7.5 & Messenger Plus problem
I read another thread re: stuff plug & MSN 7.5 a few days ago so I disabled, then uninstalled stuff plug but unfortunately that didn't help solve the problem for me   :(
I currently don't have any plugins installed at all now that I'm back to MSN v7.0 & Messenger Plus.....
08-26-2005 05:59 AM
Jacko_all

Jacko_all

49 / Male / –
Seems like Mess Plus needs another update for MSN 7.5 compatability. I can't send new sounds with 7.5.0299... See my other thread for more info... :wall:
08-26-2005 06:49 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: