What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Google talk plus?

Pages: (10): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] 9 10 » Last »
Google talk plus?
Author: Message:
Freeze

37 / Male / –
RE: Google talk plus?
quote:
Originally posted by Chestah
hehe settle down guys, Msgplus! is patchou's preferred project as i see it at the moment. But he was talking about its future, seeing as its at a stage where any more features would be just bloating Plus! This could be a great opportunity for Patchou :)

That's so very one hundred percent true... It's time for fresh blood in kingdom IM, ruled by one-eyed giant MSN Messenger.
08-28-2005 10:38 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ipab
so very true, in any case if patchou doesnt take up the rold, id love to help with the gfx for the app juzzi.
And I'd be more than happy to help out with features and the like.

I could even write a plugin system! :D

PS: Juzzi, PM me your GoogleTalk address, and I'll PM you mine ;)

Edit: In fact, sod it - I'll PM you mine now.

This post was edited on 08-29-2005 at 04:40 PM by RaceProUK.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
08-29-2005 04:19 PM
fluffy_lobster
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
Judging by the overly spacious options dialog and the early beta stage this thing is in I wouldn't be too quick to add features to Google Talk - they will probably appear as standard soon.  For example I can't believe that they're making the effort to colour in smileys without intending on having actual images eventually.  Exciting to think Patchou's in on in though.
08-30-2005 12:30 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Negro_Joe

Go!Go!Go!

34 / Male / –
i think its a good isea i mean an add-on for GTalk would be good, it is a bit too boring!

[Image: sinavatar4ie.jpg]

08-30-2005 12:35 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Val

30 / Other / Flag
Well this is just a cooment but Patchou spends time on MSgPlus for MSN but why did he start on google talk, why didnt he start on AIM i understand y google talk plus needs thoughs features but still he could of started on ICQ as well why google talk.

I am not angery or disapoited but why not other aim you could get more publicty and maybe........CNN......ooooooooo
:clap:
Menthix:
Anonymous doesn\'t have a leader.
Anonymous is the leader of ShawnZ.

Max:
True. But deep down, we all know.
ShawnZ is incharge.
he is /b/ in human form.
08-30-2005 01:35 PM
Freeze

37 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by HugSpy

Well this is just a cooment but Patchou spends time on MSgPlus for MSN but why did he start on google talk, why didnt he start on AIM i understand y google talk plus needs thoughs features but still he could of started on ICQ as well why google talk.

I am not angery or disapoited but why not other aim you could get more publicty and maybe........CNN......ooooooooo

G.Talk is more likely to become a great client than AOL, Yahoo and ICQ all together :)
08-30-2005 04:36 PM
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Freeze
quote:
Originally posted by HugSpy

G.Talk is more likely to become a great client than AOL, Yahoo and ICQ all together :)

I agree :)!

However if Patchou or some one else makes this add-on then they will have to recognise Gtalk is popular because of its simplicity - features in the current msgplus will remove this simplicity of Gtalk and possibly bloat its simplicity. However many features of msgplus would be perfect for Gtalk, adding the right level of functionality without all the unnecessary stuff :).

Gtalk would be awesome with command such as /away, /naway /all, /block in particular due to the current method of blocking witch is a tad annoying. Logging etc would also be nice! Notifications.. and so on!
Segosa is newb.
08-30-2005 09:40 PM
Freeze

37 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Chestah

Gtalk would be awesome with command such as /away, /naway /all, /block in particular due to the current method of blocking witch is a tad annoying. Logging etc would also be nice! Notifications.. and so on!

Totally agree :) GtalkPlus! could easily be a lightweight addon, all the bloat features like sounds and stuff wouldn't belong in such an addon... All it would need are [u]encrypted[/b] chatlogging, easy commands (/me, /busy /custom, /block...) and that's even all I can think of that I would really need... On the other hand, it's still in bèta... Who knows what google will be adding in the future :)
08-31-2005 07:31 AM
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
Juzzi,,,,,,, hows it going? :P
08-31-2005 06:59 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Yousef

(previously known as Juzzi)

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Google talk plus?
quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
Juzzi,,,,,,, hows it going? :P

Well, since patchou will probably make a GT version of plus, I've paused my project for now. I've got several other projects which I still need to release, as well as a new version of my website.
Developer of BuddyFuse: Google Talk, Twitter and Hyves in Windows Live Messenger
Ex-Microsoft intern and Windows Live Developer MVP in 2007 & 2008
08-31-2005 07:21 PM
Pages: (10): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] 9 10 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: