What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Feature request: E-mail group

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Feature request: E-mail group
Author: Message:
krazzi

O.P. RE: RE: Feature request: E-mail group
quote:
Originally posted by Regexp
You can export a group into a CTT file, open it in WordPad or NotePad, delete the unnecessary tags and separate the emails with commas (,), saving it as a .cvs file.

Then, you can import it in your Thunderbird address book (Tools => Address Book => Tools => Import...).

Didn't know this... thanks for the tip... I'll give it a try!

If people would really like to spam, they could easily use the CTT file to spam. It would be even easier to write a program which uses a template and parses the CTT file and mass mails the whole list since it's XML.

I really think it's a pity Messenger Plus! doesn't have a function like this.
08-31-2005 08:21 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
LittleK

Wo0p-Wo0p..

34 / Female / –
RE: Feature request: E-mail group
quote:
Originally posted by krazzi

Dont you think messenger plus would get too full with little add ons like this? Use the space wisely i say.
[Image: style3,LittleK.png]
09-01-2005 01:49 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: Feature request: E-mail group
quote:
If people would really like to spam, they could easily use the CTT file to spam. It would be even easier to write a program which uses a template and parses the CTT file and mass mails the whole list since it's XML.

yes they could do that. But no, most don't bother to do it because it takes many steps to do it (or some programming skills to make it automatically). This is the whole point; adding features like this makes things a lot easier for spammers and thus are potentially harmfull (not to mention for the average user it isn't that usefull at all).

.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-01-2005 06:48 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
krazzi

O.P. RE: RE: RE: RE: Feature request: E-mail group
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:

yes they could do that. But no, most don't bother to do it because it takes many steps to do it (or some programming skills to make it automatically). This is the whole point; adding features like this makes things a lot easier for spammers and thus are potentially harmfull (not to mention for the average user it isn't that usefull at all).

That's true. But thanks again for all the help, exporting the contact list to a CTT file and importing it un Thunderbird saves me a lot of trouble!
09-01-2005 05:12 PM
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
RE: Feature request: E-mail group
quote:
Originally posted by Ddunk
quote:
Hi there,

I was thinking, wouldn't it be nice if you could e-mail a whole group in a single mail?

If you're using a @hotmail.com address (possibly @msn.com too,) you can go to compost a new message in Hotmail and the groups from your contact list should be in the right column.

Correct, both of those address mean you have mail. But, to conteract Cookie's quote, it doesn't matter unless you have an @passport.net or @messengeruser.com account. Else, it will just get forwarded to whatever mail system they use :)
[Image: 7.png]
09-02-2005 01:24 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Feature request: E-mail group
quote:
Originally posted by Concord Dawn
But, to conteract Cookie's quote, it doesn't matter unless you have an @passport.net or @messengeruser.com account. Else, it will just get forwarded to whatever mail system they use :)
How is that conteracting anything I said? Besides, a @passport.net or @messengeruser.com mailing system doesn't exist yet, but they might be in the futur. So saying that by using those you can't get spam is only temporarly and even isn't a valid reason at all to add a kind of mass mailing option.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-05-2005 05:01 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: