What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » MSN File Extention Block Avoider

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
MSN File Extention Block Avoider
Author: Message:
Patabugen

O.P. RE: MSN File Extention Block Avoider
Had you read the second paragraph of the article you would know that I have already mentioned it must be done on your contacts computer.
This method will work on your contacts computer 100% if they have done this.
The second paragraph also mentions other file types.

Yes renaming the file was what I used to do, the UNBLOCKER DID NOT WORK FOR ME STOP TELLING ME THAT ITS BETTER, doing it this way mean I do NOT need to rename the file more than I need to. I rename it once (or create it with the new extension in the first place) and then I can run it without renaming it back. The same for my contact who followed the article - and my friend who did not simply renames the file as they would have had I not followed the article.

Millenium_edition >>
Adding the new file type means I don’t need to rename it back to be able to run it. And NO I am NOT better of using the patch; if I had been better off using the patch then I wouldn’t have done this.

Lastly, I noticed the comments submitting it more than once, not sure where that’s coming form. I just made the script today so it’s a tad buggy.
The vote is separate from the form, ill try and make that more clear.

Not the most observant bunch of people here, it’s worthwhile to take some time looking at something and thinking about it before criticizing it.
08-29-2005 07:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

RE: MSN File Extention Block Avoider
maybe you will notice that we have told you to just archive the file, which decreases file size... or you can just use stuffplug, which is not a patch...
quote:
Originally posted by Patabugen
Not the most observant bunch of people here, it’s worthwhile to take some time looking at something and thinking about it before criticizing it.
seems like you better didn't say that :wink: maybe you should open your eyes and read the rules before double posting too :rolleyes: now who's not observant, may I ask?
quote:
one last thing, why is it dodgy?
because it is messing around with folder settings, and the "folder settings" part of windows was not meant to bypass file blocking in msn messenger. plus, you're adding useless registry keys which makes your system load slower for no particular reason.

another thing, if you were sure you were going to have criticism, why did you even bother posting it on a forum where people offer you a trillion solutions which are faster, more efficient and especially more user-friendly?

it's like saying "you can go around the stadion and then take the entrance" instead of taking the door in front of you which is *OMG WTF* the second exit.

This post was edited on 08-29-2005 at 08:02 PM by Millenium_edition.
08-29-2005 08:00 PM
brian

– / Male / –
This is totally stupid.  Your just simply making the files .exe2, you don't even need to add it to that list, or hence ever better, zip the file and send it.

Just for god sakes, don't think you are the best now, we know more than you, your simply changing the extention, plus when the file will arrive to the user, they'll receive .exe2 which wont run @ their computer.  Better off zipping it or using patch.

What you do on YOUR computer doesnt happen on the OTHER computer.
08-29-2005 08:07 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Patabugen

what other solution would you propose?

The kind of files i send are EXEs that i make, at the moment i have some options:

zipping it...
Make the exe, zip it (to be a few kb less, from about 30 to 28 since its compressed anyway, not much use since it takes longer to zip it than to transfer the extra few kb), send it, un zip it.
when i update it i have to replace the file in the zip.

or...

Rename the file to have a different extention, send it, they rename it back. i rename it back to use it. And i have to rename it everytime i update it.

or..

the infamous blocked file unblockers that firstly dosent work for me, and if you want me to get specific it also creates security holes in other places on your pc because it also stops the "are you sure you want to run this file" warnings in places.

Any other solutions (of the trillians avalable) id be happy to know about, i dont enjoy renaming files.)

StuffPlug does look good, but it also has a whole bunch of features i dont need/want.

No, i wasnt expecting all this pointless criticizm, if i was i wouldnt have posted it here.

Just because its no use to you dosent make it pointless or useless.

brian >> read the other posts you idiot, incase thats above you heres a run down:
-- Adding it to the list means you dont need to rename it back to .exe to use it.
--Yes your contact needs to add it to the list to be able to run it without renaming it.
--Zipping it takes longer than transfering the extra few kb.
--the patch didnt work for me. can you not read? i said it in caps as well incase it helps people understand it.

[b]Im not gonna reply to any more stupid comments, so dont bother making them (unless they are original and/or funny)[b]
08-29-2005 08:15 PM
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

quote:
the infamous blocked file unblockers that firstly dosent work for me, and if you want me to get specific it also creates security holes in other places on your pc because it also stops the "are you sure you want to run this file" warnings in places.
do you even know what a security hole is? :lol:
quote:
StuffPlug does look good, but it also has a whole bunch of features i dont need/want.
disable? :s
quote:
Just because its no use to you dosent make it pointless or useless.
But because we have better methods, it is!
quote:
Im not gonna reply to any more stupid comments, so dont bother making them (unless they are original and/or funny)
good :) glad we could help. have fun with stuffplug. feel free to post again if you need any more help.

This post was edited on 08-29-2005 at 08:21 PM by Millenium_edition.
08-29-2005 08:20 PM
Patabugen

if you have a better method that works for me please tell me.

You did help, i now know that the messenger plus forums are a useless place for constructive criticism.

Im downloading StuffPlug now so ill see if i like it.

Oh and for future referance try this for a reply:

"Try StuffPlug, it does that too."

:)
08-29-2005 08:24 PM
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

quote:
if you have a better method that works for me please tell me.

You did help, i now know that the messenger plus forums are a useless place for constructive criticism.

Im downloading StuffPlug now so ill see if i like it.

Oh and for future referance try this for a reply:

"Try StuffPlug, it does that too."

:)
maybe next time you could also ask, instead of just pasting a link to your site saying you "discovered" a new way? :)

do you really think people will provide other ways if you just post a "newly discovered" way? no. they will assume you have tried and you know the others.

anyway. this has gotten pointless.

This post was edited on 08-29-2005 at 08:28 PM by Millenium_edition.
08-29-2005 08:27 PM
Patabugen

did i say newly discovered? or did i say discovered at all?
no i said this is another way, i didnt say it was better or worse  or quicker or slower, i never said anyone had to use it i never said anyone should use it i just said look this is a way.
08-29-2005 08:29 PM
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
I've got one thing to say. We've been giving you constructive criticism but it seems you don't know how to take it.
08-29-2005 08:39 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Patabugen

So you telling me that doing this is pointless because of patches and that i should simply zip the file is constructive?

And everybody repeating it like parrots is even less constructive.

Telling me things i have already written about is no use to me either.

the most constructive reply iv recieved on this forum was that of Absorbation. Everyone else other than Millenium_editions small not about stuffplug has been useless. Nobody has said a way of improving the article, a better way to achieve the same result that i have not already mentioned. And yes thank you CookieRevised for the note about the script being a bit dodgy.

Otherwise theres alot more useless stuff than anything worthwhile.
08-29-2005 08:44 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: