What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Plus! didn't autosave my convo!

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Plus! didn't autosave my convo!
Author: Message:
Drandre

O.P. Huh?  Plus! didn't autosave my convo!
I'm sorry but I'm pulling my hair out about this problem. I have Msn Messenger 7.0.0816, and Plus! 3.54.132, and I use this program religiously every night. Well, just tonight I had a very, very important conversation with someone, expecting it to be saved. Afterwards, when I want to reflect on the conversation a bit, I go to My Chat Logs under My Documents and today's conversation was not saved. Gone. Kaput. I look at other convos tonight and some were saved, but not all, especially not my important convo :(. I don't know what the problem was, because it's so weird. I go to contact information for the person who's convo I wanted to save, and Plus! says that I haven't talked to her in 2 days or seen her in 2 days. I just talked to her tonight!!! And normally I wouldn't care if my convos are saved or not but this one was paramount. I checked my Logging settings and it's set to log every convo of mine, and to autosave every 30 minutes. I was talking with this person for two hours so 3 or 4 half hour's worth of material ought to be saved. Heck, the whole convo ought to be saved, but it's not. It just doesn't make sense. An hour before this special person left, I cleared my Event Log window because it was getting crowded. After I cleared it, it didn't record any further events for the remainder of the night. Why, I don't know. I checked my Messenger settings and I already knew I don't use Messenger to autosave my convos, I have it disabled on Messenger but enabled for Plus!. But that shouldn't be the problem because I have had it that way for months and Plus! has saved all my convos correctly. Or at least I think it's saved all my convos. Skimming through a month's worth of convos, it looks like it's all here. Just not tonight's convo, the important convo. I'm sorry but it's driving me up the wall. Is there any, any way I can get it back? Is it on someone's server, maybe Microsoft's or something? Or is it on my computer secretly hidden somewhere, in Temporary Files or something? I don't think it's there because I've already checked Temp files and come up dry, I think. I know the chat logs are saved in the right place because it saved some convos tonight. It did. Just not the one I needed the most. So I have no idea what the problem possibly is. I'm not exaggerating, this was one important convo I cannot afford to lose, and if I must lose it I must, but please within all your power is there any possible way to retrieve it back?

This post was edited on 08-30-2005 at 07:06 AM by Drandre.
08-30-2005 06:59 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Ash_

35 / Male / –
RE: Plus! didn't autosave my convo!
are you sure its not under the My Documents/My Recieved Files/(emailname)(number)/ folder?

[Image: jeansiger5.jpg]
08-30-2005 07:10 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Eljay
Elite Member

:O

– / Male / –
well if it didnt save it then im afraid theres nothing we can do, its not stored temp anywhere (afaik) and definitely not on any server (invasion of privacy comes to mind)
you may have accidentally disabled logging for just that person (in a convo, Plus! > Log This Chat)

note: have you disabled msn logging because if you havent then msn will automatically log all chats inside your received files folder (by default), its worth a check if its that important
08-30-2005 07:12 AM
Drandre

O.P. RE: Plus! didn't autosave my convo!
I checked My Received Files and looked under that folder you spoke of, and all I have is conversations from a year ago. I just checked now and I'm 110% that my logging was not disabled during the time Plus! failed to record my convo. I wouldn't suppose my computer would have it secretly logged away somewhere. I wonder, because I know that police officers can search computers and find hidden things and deleted things and all sorts of stuff, I suppose that my convo I need is somehow hidden in my computer's system or something like that?

If there's absolutely nothing that can be done, I understand.

By the way, what does it mean when you typed (afaik)?
08-30-2005 07:17 AM
Ash_

35 / Male / –
as far as i know.

[Image: jeansiger5.jpg]
08-30-2005 07:23 AM
Drandre

So...nothing I can do then except accept the fact that it's gone...*sigh* why is it always that when you need something to work, something goes wrong...anyways, if there's nothing else that can be done or added upon, thanks for your time and help. (Y)
08-30-2005 07:30 AM
multimillion2k

– / Male / –
Did you have Messenger saving your chatlogs as well? If it was enabled, you can access them through File -> View Message History or right-click on their name and View Message History

This post was edited on 08-30-2005 at 07:33 AM by multimillion2k.
08-30-2005 07:32 AM
Drandre

No, I don't have Messenger autosaving my convos, mainly because I haven't had a problem saving them only through Plus!. I've had my convos autosaved through Plus! for months now and never had a problem with that. Unfortunately, tonight's conversation wasn't under View Message History. :(
08-30-2005 07:36 AM
multimillion2k

– / Male / –
Gutted! Is it possible to ask the special contact if she has a copy of the conversation? Or is that a No-no?
08-30-2005 07:39 AM
Drandre

One step ahead of you, I whipped off a quick email to my contact minutes after I discovered the problem, to ask if they autosaved the convo or if they manually saved it, or if they even had it at all. If that comes up dry, I guess that means I'm out of luck?

This post was edited on 08-30-2005 at 07:41 AM by Drandre.
08-30-2005 07:41 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: