What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » new orleans

Pages: (8): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 8 » Last »
new orleans
Author: Message:
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
RE: new orleans
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
- USA government pays loads of money to make war with Afghanistan.
- USA government pays loads of money to make war with Iraq.
- USA lets down people when their own country, their own people, gets hit by bad weather.

:(

Thats cause USA friggen sucks! I hate my country :P.  At least we have a general idea of where DX might be :p
09-04-2005 12:26 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Dane
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
- USA government pays loads of money to make war with Afghanistan.
- USA government pays loads of money to make war with Iraq.
- USA lets down people when their own country, their own people, gets hit by bad weather.

:(

Thats cause USA friggen sucks! I hate my country :P.  At least we have a general idea of where DX might be :p

Then leave if you hate the USA.

And I agree with you MenthiX. But then again, I just saw on CNN that the Governor of Louisiana told the President himself that Louisiana was fine, then a day later he told Bush that they needed help :o :o!?! WTF IDIOT.
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
09-04-2005 03:46 AM
guanako
Veteran Member

ALbert0

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: new orleans
i am more than suer that they are doing the best they can, another thing too, when another country suffers for any thing who is always the one that wants to help or actully helps? the US isnt it? so when something happend to the US everyone spects it to come up w. somthing big, i am not sayin that tht uS needs help but, i think it is dealing w. it like what it is. the most powerful nation on the planet.
[Image: guanako20.png]
09-04-2005 04:52 AM
Purity
Veteran Member

AngelFuck

34 / Female / –
quote:
A doctor has reported to Fox News that 6 murders and 12 rapes have taken place inside the New Orleans Superdome in the past two days. Dr. Charles Burnell also said that there had been a suicide.   
20,000 residents took shelter in the stadium after Hurricaine Katrina struck and the doctor has described the situation there as "very unstable, very high tension, a very dangerous environment."   
He complained about the lack of medical supplies available to treat those in need of help but said that the threat of violence has forced him to leave the Superdome and remain outside until his safety can be more assured.

Brutal.\

Source: http://shortnews.com/start.cfm?id=49950&newsid=13...3&start=1&sparte=4
[Image: puritysig8.jpg/]
www.purity.toastednet.org
09-04-2005 06:56 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
shine
Veteran Member

Recharging......

49 / Male / –
Considering the magnitude of the problem..I'm surprised why the federal govt was caught in wong foot.  US deployed troops in Iraq even faster than they started aid operations.

I hope the aid reached to people before the situation worsens.. I hope they could drain water from  the city as fast as thay can and not take 80 days (n)
09-04-2005 08:37 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Dreth

Self-Proclaimed Bad-Ass

37 / Male / –
USA seriously needs to build better houses. Over here in Puerto Rico, some call it a third world country, our houses have resisted for decades hurracanes that come and go like an everyday thing.

All those houses, looked like they were made of straw, wtf... Why build such houses in dangerous areas? NY is almost 200 years old, if it isn't already, and I bet those buildings wouldn't fall down with a damn hurracane.

Use some god damn cement, leave the luxorious wooden panels and nails for indoor crap, not the actual house.
[Image: Dreths-Nebula.jpg]
09-04-2005 08:42 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
shine
Veteran Member

Recharging......

49 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by guanako
i am more than suer that they are doing the best they can, another thing too, when another country suffers for any thing who is always the one that wants to help or actully helps? the US isnt it? so when something happend to the US everyone spects it to come up w. somthing big, i am not sayin that tht uS needs help but, i think it is dealing w. it like what it is. the most powerful nation on the planet.

Whole world i spouring in with helping hand..in case you are not aware.. even cuba has offerred a medical team of 500 doctors for aid mission

India has donated 5 million as aid.. and other countries too.. only issue is that US has to take it to the needy as soon as possible.

Quote "Meanwhile, aid is pouring in from around the world. In fact, developing nations have been the first to offer their support and their money.

Sixty nations, including Cuba, have offered aid packages. India wants to give $5 million.

Mexico wants to send two ships, 15 amphibious vehicles and two helicopters to help rescue victims. Thousands of Mexicans are believed to be among the 60,000 people trapped in the floodwaters in New Orleans. "

Unquote

This post was edited on 09-04-2005 at 08:51 AM by shine.
09-04-2005 08:46 AM
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by Dreth
USA seriously needs to build better houses. Over here in Puerto Rico, some call it a third world country, our houses have resisted for decades hurracanes that come and go like an everyday thing.

All those houses, looked like they were made of straw, wtf... Why build such houses in dangerous areas? NY is almost 200 years old, if it isn't already, and I bet those buildings wouldn't fall down with a damn hurracane.

Use some god damn cement, leave the luxorious wooden panels and nails for indoor crap, not the actual house.

I have always thought that, a lot of my family have, their houses are made out of wood and stuff, it's really crap... To be honest, no wonder they can't resist a hurricane or forest fires and stuff, their houses are wood and paint, it's balls... If you come over to England, you won't see any american style houses over here, it's all brick and mortar, and like your country, it has withstood a lot of stuff!

I do feel really sorry for the people of New Orleans though, I'm sure it will get back on it's feet, unlike other countries, the government will actually put money into this disaster.
09-04-2005 08:56 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
shine
Veteran Member

Recharging......

49 / Male / –
Yes I have always wondered why people in us use timber and stuffs like that to build houses.. esp when US is more prone to Hurricane & twisters... Why not buid using concrete & bricks?
09-04-2005 09:28 AM
Tasha

31 / Female / Flag
It's a tragedy, but will everyone stop flaming Bush for one minute and think that he has actually done, and is still doing all he can to help? You can't blame him for a natural disaster. It has been said over here in our papers that he knows he has neglected that area, and is very sorry to see what has happened. There was even a picture of him talking to two girls, and hugging them. (No, I don't think he was doing it to keep up an image.)

The raping and looting and killing is horrible. I can understand looting for food, but killing and raping is just sick. Especially when i've heard they're raping little children. :sad:

It's a very sad time, all we can do is pray for those who are affected. The city will get rebuilt, the people will get back on their feet, but it doesn't stop me feeling terrible for them. :sad:
www.mycutelobster.co.uk
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry,
but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
09-04-2005 10:02 AM
Pages: (8): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: