What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Sponsor Issue - Msg Plus

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Sponsor Issue - Msg Plus
Author: Message:
shine
Veteran Member

Recharging......

49 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Sponsor Issue - Msg Plus
You are right CookieRevised..people are not looking into the right issue..they just want to counter any opinion that  is put forward. I'll leave this here and see if patchou responds and delete it tomorrow.. And let me get in touch with some of my contacts to get a sponsor....
09-05-2005 01:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: Sponsor Issue - Msg Plus
I know where he is coming from...

But the petition is the best way to sort everything out, even if what he says is right... MSAS are annoying users into thinking that Messenger PLus! is dangerous adware/spyware...

Even if it hasn't installed the sponsor software.

This post was edited on 09-05-2005 at 02:07 PM by user27089.
09-05-2005 02:07 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by shine
How many of you agree with him? In a way he is right.

You're right by saying he's kinda right... Somebody will eventually make something similar to Messenger Plus!, without an adware installer.... and some people will start using that.... I think that'll just show Patchou who is really loyal to him and his program, because I know I'd stick with Messenger Plus!..... I'm smart enough to read the installer. AND! It's the best add-on for msn messenger.
09-05-2005 02:07 PM
buzz

be a good bee

– / Male / –
im gonna be alittle offtopic for a sec...i dont really understand why microsoft put  msgplus! on the spyware list and not msn. I mean during the install the both ask if you want to install a searchbar for i.e. and even worse is that msn has sponsors installed without your permission ( i see 10,and their seems to be more every time a new version comes) and its illegal to take them out.

This post was edited on 09-05-2005 at 04:28 PM by buzz.
09-05-2005 04:27 PM
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Exact same threads have been made in the past with exact the same question. Either they resulted in flaming and insults, or either they didn't solve a thing (other than chit chatting and repeating which has already been said several times).
then let's keep this one clean :grin:
quote:
As for "someone will eventually make an msn messenger addon without a sponsor like Plus!". Again, strong words but in practice I still need to see the first addon that will even come close to Messenger Plus!, let alone one without any sponsors. The only thing that can be compared with Plus! in this field is Messenger Discovery X and even that has sponsors, but doesn't even comes close to Messenger Plus!. People don't know how tough it is to make something like Messenger Plus!, until they try it themselfs and then realize they are busy with it 24/7 and either need to quit it or either quit their job...
exactly what i was about to say... except that SPNG as standalone would be the only concurrence :p
now, i have to say that this would be a very good argument against the sponsor, but it's a bit unfortunate that this one doesn't hog shitloads of resources (compared to the other adware programs, and yes i know what i'm talking about). plus, the bandwidth consumed by the sponsor is not an issue, since it just downloads a little bit of information about the ads and then displays the ads itself.

now, on another note, the sponsor comes from a trustworthy source and i can assure you it is as light as possible (except for the few ads and the toolbar). (i have to ask you to not question me on that)

This post was edited on 09-05-2005 at 04:41 PM by Millenium_edition.
09-05-2005 04:39 PM
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
I think one of the reasons Patchou created this petition, is not because Microsoft is calling Messenger Plus! an adware bundler, but because removing it via MSAS worsens the problem and means you can't uninstall the sponsor software.
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
09-05-2005 04:44 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
For the sake of the discussion, you should be happy to know that I've revised the setup program again, a lot. The new version will be part of version 3.60 (and be sent to the beta testers tomorrow).

I liked it the way it was but I couldn't ignore the feedback I got about the sponsor license agreement screen so I did something pretty radical about it... you'll see that soon :).
[Image: signature2.gif]
09-06-2005 01:19 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
brian

– / Male / –
We'll get to see it before you all. :refuck:

Anyways, I think Patchou is very honest, he has been developing the program for 4-5 years, why would he lie for 4-5 years?

I just think people who always say those things are just people who never understood what earned money was, the sponser is kinda a payment, you just wast a bit of resources to a helpful program, just like Folding@Home or such.

Plus, I think we really god enough of such threads, same thing repeating, resaid, etc. as CookieRevised says.
09-06-2005 02:24 AM
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
Why dont we all pay 100$ dollars fee 4 patchou?, i think u would rather install the sponsor, im sure patchou checked his options of sponsor and not the 1st one he came across, for me, its the best option...
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
09-07-2005 02:31 AM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: