What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Plugin commands don't work after...

Plugin commands don't work after...
Author: Message:
RichGuk

37 / Male / –
O.P. Plugin commands don't work after...
Ok I'm not to sure if this has been posted before (lazy, yes I know, and sorry) and if it effects all plugins.

So the problem. I was writing a plugin and quicking filling in all the functions that Plus! knows. Anyhow once I loaded my plugin I found that "/xreload" (The plugin reloader, er plugin) didn't want to work anymore. After looking though my code I found that if I returned "TRUE" for ParseCommand, or ParseTag without anything else in the function i.e. not setting any tags,  it stopped other plugins (Only tried /xreload and that /xleet plugin) from working.

Anyhow, just thought I'd let you know. Might just me being strange, tired at the moment you see :).

Info:
Windows Version: Windows XP, 5.01.2600
Messenger Client Version: 7.5.0299
Messenger Plus! Version: 3.54.0132

Many Thanks,
Rich
09-05-2005 09:12 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Plugin commands don't work after...
Its a partial bug with the Plugin Interface, BUT its also your own screw up. When you put ParseCommand = True it means that your plugin uses the command for a function. If your Plugin doesn't use the command you MUST set the function to equal to FALSE.

This post was edited on 09-05-2005 at 10:05 PM by matty.
09-05-2005 10:04 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
RichGuk

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Plugin commands don't work after...
Yeah, I know that. As I said I was quicking entering the functions plus needed, and wasn't really thinking, was easier fixed.. I just found that bug in the process, so thought I'd mention.
09-05-2005 10:24 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Plugin commands don't work after...
Its not a bug in the Plugin Interface its your own fault to be honest. Patchou isn't responsible for Plugins its just there. So if one breaks the other well then its the fault of the programmer not Patchou.
09-05-2005 10:55 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: