What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » ive never installed the toolbar but is it spyware?

ive never installed the toolbar but is it spyware?
Author: Message:
Jimmyheb

RE: ive never installed the toolbar but is it spyware?
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
@Jimmyheb

Yes, there is bad talk about Plus! on the web. But if you look closely, they all say exactly the same. This is because they actually all copy from each other and none of those reports show the true facts about Plus! and even about the LOP sponsor....

... Just to say that many people have no idea what costs are involved in Plus! as a total package. And all that is included in this optional sponsor and the bussiness deal that Patchou has with the sponsor (and this also explains the reference you might have come across to a page which lists Patchou and the C2Media/Lop directors side by side; that page does not mean Patchou is also director of Lop, as those anti-Plus!'ers might claim; it means that Patchou and his company and the Lop company have a bussiness contract: the sponsor contract.).

------

quote:
Originally posted by kipper2258
The power of the people should be considered, they can just as easily abandon your software, as they can use it.
The ever increasing number of Plus! users tells enough I think ;)

Thanks for your reply CookieRevised,
The thing is that I actualy give more weight/importance to complaints comming from people like miself (aka: 'non experts'), because they usualy portray the problems that a person like myself would encounter while using an apl.
The thing is that no matter what intentions (good or bad) a party has, if they make their program so that you need to be an 'expert' to bel able to remove it, then something is definitively wrong in that equation. I've had many an al. on my computer and being a so called 'comp. dummy'  I have made some mistakes. But most of the apl. were still relatively easy to remove even after making mistakes like "not using the official uninstall". Many supporters of plus say that if you take the correct steps nothing bad will happen. Well this is exactly the point that comp. dummies like me are trying to make. Being a bit of a comp. dummy I WILL make mistakes. And some of the supporters of plus seem to say well duh it's your own fault! Well off course it's my own fault, but should I be "punnished" for it? Not if but when I make a mistake I shouldn't have to be an expert to be able to correct it, at least not when it's about removing an apl.
I have had many an apl. on my computer and unfortunately have maade the mistake in the past of not using the proper uninstall to remove them. But thank god their makers made them in such a way that even after a mistake like that is was relatively easy to remove any remainders of the apl. from my computer. This doesn't seem to be the case with the Lop sponsor package. If I boil it down to 1 single grievance, this would be it! I don't realy care if and what any party is trying to sell, as long they don't try to force them selves on me. So may programmers have proved that it is possible to make an apl. in such a way that you need not be an expert to save your "@$$" once you have made a removal mistake. So even if not correct, it's easy to make the assumption that Lop is malafide if their package sticks to once computer like super-glue. Even you say "A true PC wizard knows that reformatting, or even re-installing windows is almost always not needed at all, and certainly not to remove a program or even some spyware. " Well that is exactly the point, I'm NOT a PC wizz, and neither are a very large group of people out there. Actualy imho computers evolved into PC's because of that very reason. Some times I see posts of so called experts that realy agevrate me. They point the finger and go "tuh, tuh , tuh, how could you be so stupid! EVERYBODY knows you should do this or that! You newbie". Well if PC were supposed to cater only to the experts, they never would have developed the user friendly interfaces like our 'good old' Windows. All those experts would be going at it using machine language DOS or what have you. That's why I hope that programmers would take the above more in consideration when making their apl. Do you understand what I'm trying to say? I hope so, because usually computers wizzs do not.
I'm reluctant to put any thing on my computer that I can not remove having only my basic computer skills. And without being "punnished" for it if I make a stupid mistake. I hope Patchou is partial to the needs of people like me. I'm not trying to lecture him (he has the right to do as he d#%m well pleases. It's a free world after all), I'm just trying to get those needs accross. And again I've rambled on for way to long...

This post was edited on 10-16-2005 at 11:38 AM by Jimmyheb.
10-16-2005 11:36 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
ive never installed the toolbar but is it spyware? - by enriquez_rene on 09-07-2005 at 01:15 AM
RE: ive never installed the toolbar but is it spyware? - by Patchou on 09-07-2005 at 01:19 AM
RE: ive never installed the toolbar but is it spyware? - by lordy on 09-07-2005 at 06:46 AM
RE: ive never installed the toolbar but is it spyware? - by shinji on 09-10-2005 at 09:35 PM
RE: ive never installed the toolbar but is it spyware? - by lordy on 09-11-2005 at 01:35 AM
RE: RE: ive never installed the toolbar but is it spyware? - by Jimmyheb on 10-13-2005 at 05:05 PM
RE: ive never installed the toolbar but is it spyware? - by user27089 on 10-13-2005 at 05:28 PM
RE: ive never installed the toolbar but is it spyware? - by CookieRevised on 10-13-2005 at 11:39 PM
RE: ive never installed the toolbar but is it spyware? - by Jimmyheb on 10-16-2005 at 11:36 AM
RE: ive never installed the toolbar but is it spyware? - by CookieRevised on 10-16-2005 at 03:23 PM
RE: RE: ive never installed the toolbar but is it spyware? - by Jimmyheb on 10-16-2005 at 07:43 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: