What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Hi guys, how to know who blocks our nicks ? How to chat with people who blocks us ?

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Hi guys, how to know who blocks our nicks ? How to chat with people who blocks us ?
Author: Message:
somin_le

Gc2o

38 / Female / –
O.P. Wink  Hi guys, how to know who blocks our nicks ? How to chat with people who blocks us ?
I wonder why msn plus cant show that.
If someone can build a plugin for msn plus which can show who blocks our nicks and allow us to chat with that person.
It's really cool plugin I think.(Y)
09-07-2005 01:04 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Hi guys, how to know who blocks our nicks ? How to chat with people who blocks us ?
due to the way MSN Messenger works, this is impossible.

see this thread

The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
09-07-2005 01:19 PM
cyberlords

33 / Male / –
RE: Hi guys, how to know who blocks our nicks ? How to chat with people who blocks us ?
How to chat with people who blocks us ?
stuff plug! www.stuffplug.com
MSN: gabrielrc@globo.com (portuguese and english)
Suporte ao Messenger Plus em português (Orkut)
Messenger Plus Live em português brasileiro
My english... is bad, hehe
09-07-2005 05:10 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Hi guys, how to know who blocks our nicks ? How to chat with people who blocks us
quote:
Originally posted by cyberlords
How to chat with people who blocks us ?
stuff plug! www.stuffplug.com

Note: They must have a connection through the server to your msn e.g have the convosation left open which is very hard to make your contact do so the feature is usally used for talking to people while your status if offline ;)

[Image: stuffplug.jpg]
Screenshot
09-07-2005 05:12 PM
dgelwin

Seeking Knowledge

39 / Male / –
Click Me go to this url if you want to find out who has blocked our deleted you. and to chat with them use stuffplug, thats what i do

P.S. dont forget to log in invisibly after using this site, it changes your nick to the sites addres to promote itself but if you log in invisible you can change your nick back so no one notices that you have used it :D
09-08-2005 04:40 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Hi guys, how to know who blocks our nicks ? How to chat with people who block
quote:
Originally posted by dgelwin
Click Me go to this url if you want to find out who has blocked you.
click & read >> Block checkers DO NOT work << click & read

There is no possible accurate way to know if a contact has blocked you.

(and if it isn't accurate; you can not know if the contact has blocked you or is simply offline or appears to be offline)

No matter, what you may believe or not, no matter what online sites let you believe, these are facts and this is simply the way the MSN Messenger protocal works; it is programmed that way. There is no hack or whatever for this.

----------------

As for StuffPlug and its ability to talk to someone who have blocked you, the note that Absorbation gave is very important:
quote:
Note: They must have a connection through the server to your msn
e.g have the conversation left open which is very hard to make your contact do so the feature is usally used for talking to people while your status if offline.

This post was edited on 09-08-2005 at 05:04 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-08-2005 04:55 AM
Giulia

Fly around the world, little bird !

38 / Female / Flag
I have read why it's not possible, so why don't we update the feature in order to change the system ?
Like that, even if people has ticked the line "Only allowed contacts can see me and send me messages", we could be able to see if they have blocked us.

I let professional answer, I'm not enough good at computer to answer.
Giulia ;)
09-09-2005 04:41 PM
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Giulia
I have read why it's not possible, so why don't we update the feature in order to change the system ?
Like that, even if people has ticked the line "Only allowed contacts can see me and send me messages", we could be able to see if they have blocked us.

I let professional answer, I'm not enough good at computer to answer.
Because that's up to Microsoft. And they won't do that, it's just plain useless if you're going to have an option which you won't obey. :s

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

09-09-2005 04:44 PM
Giulia

Fly around the world, little bird !

38 / Female / Flag
RE: Hi guys, how to know who blocks our nicks ? How to chat with people who blocks us
quote:
Because that's up to Microsoft. And they won't do that, it's just plain useless if you're going to have an option which you won't obey.
Can you explain me a little bit more, please ? ^o)
Some plug-ins disobey to Microsoft like when we can talk to blocked people. Because if normally they are blocked, it means that they don't want to talk to you. So you disobey to Microsoft.
So we can change the plug-in to make it work even if people has ticked the "Ony allow...".

Thanks
Giulia ;)
09-09-2005 04:50 PM
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
Meh, talking to blocked people and seeing the status of the people who block you is different.

IIRC, talking to blocked people depends more on the software than the protocol.

However, seeing the status of the people who blocked you depends on the protocol. And that is something Microsoft controls, not a plugin (and much less MsgPlus!).

Some things might not be really as I say them, but the general fact is.

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

09-09-2005 04:56 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: