What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » better way for checking for Plus!

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
better way for checking for Plus!
Author: Message:
Unknown...

RE: RE: better way for checking for Plus!
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
I dare you to find one contact who is constantly installing Plus! and removing it again... There is no need to _constantly_ check if your contact has Plus! or not...

Yes, it is curiosity and nothing more IMO. There is until now not a single practical use for an automated ping (if it was even possible).

Cookie it's not about _constantly_ installing and uninstalling Plus!  It's to indicate if the computer they are on has Plus! functionality.  Many people use more than one PC where they do/can not have Plus!.  At work, using a web-based MSN, using an Apple computer, etc.

I've already discussed RE. "Curiosity".

09-28-2005 09:06 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: better way for checking for Plus!
Then we are back to square one...

If it isn't about constantly uninstalling/installing Plus! or constantly needing to know if they have Plus! or not, and since there is no critical thing that needs to check if Plus! is enabled on the other side, then what is the use of constant automatic checking meganism each time the contact logs on (other then curiosity)....

Even for those few people who use different computers (one with Plus!, one without; and don't say all your 100 contacts switch computers all the time), you could easly use the /ping command and even then it isn't needed to constantly check upon it, because there is no need (again, other then satisfying your own curiosity)....

----

Anyways, what I simply are trying to say is that such a feature is not something which is needed or would be so much more practical than otherwise. It simply is something from the category of "whistles and bells". And since this unusefull "whistle" or "bell" even requires a hidden automated process which even also need to hack into the messenger protocol, I'm not sure it will be implemented or considered.

This post was edited on 09-28-2005 at 11:42 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-28-2005 10:38 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Unknown...

RE: RE: better way for checking for Plus!
It has its uses.  To know if you can successfully send people sounds, formatted text, etc.  It's more than just curiosity!

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Even for those few people who use different computers...

Hehehe, few?! :P Define few?! You really need to see my contacts activity!  Add to that I work with people across platform (on an Apple at work, but at home on a PC).  There is a need out there.

It is a 'bells and whistles' feature, but one that would provide an enhancement to what is currently presented.  And, after all, isn't Plus! a program that puts 'bells and whistles' onto MSN/Windows Messenger?! ;)

I get the feeling we could go on forever Cookie.  Let's just agree to opposite sides of the spectrum and gracefully let this thread fade away! :D

09-28-2005 07:26 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: