What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » plugin to change my display name

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
plugin to change my display name
Author: Message:
J-Thread

– / Male / –
RE: plugin to change my display name
The way I made it now, there is just a Interval. For example, you can choose 3 hours, then every 3 hours your name is changed. When you turn of msn and you come back 8 hours later, your name is immediatly changed, but off course only once. So when you "miss" a change, because you aren't online, the next change is when you sign in. The one after that is again 3 hours later, off course if you are still online then (or again online).

So your name is changed after "interval" seconds (or after a whole day), or later if you aren't online at the moment of change. It is never changed earlier (as long as you don't change the interval).

The only problem is installing it. After a long research I found out howto install it at windows XP (copy the dll to a dir that's not the msgplus plugin dir, then register it using regasm and load it into the GAC) but that doesn't work at windows 98. Any help is welcome, if you know howto install VB.NET or C#.NET plugins, please contact me. Off course I don't mean "know how it should work" because I read all the manuals ;-). But if you've got source code of a VB.NET of C#.NET plugin, and you are able to install it at all computers with msg plus!, then I would really like to have your help! (of course I do know users need the .NET framework, that isn't the problem)
09-30-2005 01:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Maybe these will help:
Addin made in C#
C# Plugin Framework
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-01-2005 12:08 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
gazzrenn

Hey there folks..

I was just searching the web for a plugin for MSN that would change my display name and found myself here..

I was looking for something that would accept a time from me in the form of an input text box, a word input %mytext% and have my MSN name count down to that point in time.

i.e if i specify friday 5:00pm as my target time... my MSN name will change every minute saying XXhrs XXmins until %mytext%.

Does anyone think this would be plausable ?
10-04-2005 02:34 PM
crank

Failed to come back here :(

34 / Male / Flag
already exists:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=39855
;)
I haven't been active here in ages.
If you're wondering who i am, read my reputations. I used to make plugins, skins and spam the IRC channels here back in the good old days before Windows Live.
10-04-2005 02:51 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
gazzrenn

Awesome ! Thank you lots !

Apologies for not doing a search before posting :S
10-05-2005 08:17 AM
J-Thread

– / Male / –
I've released a betá version. I made a new thread, please read my whole post before posting:)

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=51412
10-05-2005 11:32 AM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: