What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » Reputation Minimum

Reputation Minimum
Author: Message:
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
O.P. Huh?  Reputation Minimum
Hey! I was going to make a rep that said "spams alot" but that must not have been long enough or something.... I got a dialogue about having to have a good reason for a rep.... I was wondering if there's a minimum character limit or something? Or a minimum number of words or something?

If there is one (I'm sure there is) when was it put in? I've never seen it before.
09-16-2005 02:10 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
[MR]
Veteran Member

Scruffy Ruffy

33 / Male / Flag
RE: Reputation Minimum
ya i tested it on u and i typed in 16 zeros with spaces ....i started from 3 and went up till i got arounda minimum
[Image: siggy20ss.jpg]
09-16-2005 02:15 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
i also think think the comments should be lenghend. Sometimes i have alot to say and i run out of space :P

But good idea (y)
09-17-2005 09:01 AM
dotNorma
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
i also think think the comments should be lenghend. Sometimes i have alot to say and i run out of space

They are talking about the reputation minimum, not maximum. :happy:

Anyhow, I dont think its needed. The whole purpose of the reputation system is to give users feedback on how they act in this community. To  give them a sturdy point and back it up, you should need atleast half this...

"You spam to much. Check this link and this link, those arent really helping that person, more derogitory then helpful"

Thats about 32 characters including spaces. :-/

This post was edited on 09-17-2005 at 04:43 PM by dotNorma.
09-17-2005 04:41 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Norma Jean
quote:
i also think think the comments should be lenghend. Sometimes i have alot to say and i run out of space

Anyhow, I dont think its needed. The whole purpose of the reputation system is to give users feedback on how they act in this community. To  give them a sturdy point and back it up, you should need atleast half this...

"You spam to much. Check this link and this link, those arent really helping that person, more derogitory then helpful"

sometimes the links can be big8-) But ya. I see your point. We aren't writing a novel here....:P
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
09-17-2005 04:47 PM
[MR]
Veteran Member

Scruffy Ruffy

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
quote:
quote:

sometimes the links can be big8-) But ya. I see your point. We aren't writing a novel here....:P

welll couldnt u use the my code with the link like put the link there and then use my code and when it appears it will say click here
09-17-2005 05:00 PM
dotNorma
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by MR_5_MR

welll couldnt u use the my code with the link like put the link there and then use my code and when it appears it will say click here

Nah, myCode is disabled in the reputation forms. Because one img tag could mess it all up.

But still, you have to give enough information so the user can understand his problem. Simply saying "No good posts" isnt enough.
09-17-2005 05:20 PM
Destruction

dsoft-network.net

– / Male / –
quote:
But still, you have to give enough information so the user can understand his problem. Simply saying "No good posts" isnt enough.
I agree, because stuff like that will just make the other person think you just put that because you dislike them.
Only possible solutionsare really sending them a private message or something like that.
It really needs to be lenthened
09-20-2005 10:28 AM
[MR]
Veteran Member

Scruffy Ruffy

33 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Reputation Minimum
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MR_5_MR

Nah, myCode is disabled in the reputation forms. Because one img tag could mess it all up.

ok well then just send a link in a PM to that person
09-20-2005 11:40 AM
J.J

R.I.P Myles. Missing you.

33 / Male / Flag
The repuation length is fine. It doesn't need to be meddled with. The maximum length is perfect

There doesn't need to be a minimum. If the rep giver clearly states the reason why he/she is giving the rep with clear reason and its within the rules, then theres no problem if its short or not.

If you don't like the rep because you think it doesn't explain why you've recieved it, then pm an admin to delete it
[Image: bluesig5rz.png]
Previously known as \'lappin\' and \'Third Dimension\'

Damo says (12:00 AM):
-pictures harry potter naked-
09-20-2005 11:49 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: