What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » v3.54 causes lockup on 2nd hibernation or standby in XP SP2

v3.54 causes lockup on 2nd hibernation or standby in XP SP2
Author: Message:
Rashiki

O.P. v3.54 causes lockup on 2nd hibernation or standby in XP SP2
I made a new discovery recently.  I had v3.54 installed on my computer.  I usually leave MSN Messenger running all the time and just put my computer into hibernation mode, or standby mode, without any problem.

Recently, I stopped running MSN Messenger all the time and have not been using it, but then I discovered that on the 2nd hibernation, or standby, my computer will just lockup when going into hibernation, or standby.  I even tried killing the MessengerPlus.exe process, but no such luck.

I tried uninstalling v3.54, but the problem still persists.  It appears that the registry has been messed up like this permanently now.  The only way that I can get hibernation and standby to work properly for now is to leave MSN Messenger running down in the system tray (don't have to be logged on) at all times.  The behavior, I'd assume (in terms of having to leave MSN Messenger running down in the tray to get hibernation and standby to work properly now), is the same whether I have v3.54 still installed, or uninstalled.  I've only tested this behavior (of getting hibernation and standby to work again) with v3.54 uninstalled.

I'm running MSN Messenger 7.0.0816 on Windows XP Home SP2 with all the current patches.  I'm pretty sure I have the most recent release of v3.54 (if there were more than one), but can't be sure now that it's uninstalled.

Any help (or an update, or registry repair/fix) would be appreciated.  Thanks.
09-18-2005 05:15 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: v3.54 causes lockup on 2nd hibernation or standby in XP SP2
Please I suggest you do a virus scan as that process is wrong it should be MsgPlus.exe

There was a virus going around about a fake messenger plus! but i do not remember this being part of the virus :S

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=48838

That thread explains that virus, but it could be something else, i do not know hoepfully someone could explain better or prove me wrong ;)
09-18-2005 10:55 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Eljay
Elite Member

:O

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Rashiki
MessengerPlus.exe

the real messenger plus process is msgplus.exe
09-18-2005 11:03 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Lieter

37 / Male / –
true.. and i hibernate my comp all the time and none of this is happening with me XP Pro though
Stuff:
MSN Messenger 7.5.0299 (English)
Messenger Plus! 3.60.144 (English)
StuffPlug NG 2.2.397(BETA) (English)
[Image: Lieter.png]
09-18-2005 05:07 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites