What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » [RELEASE] Custom Content Manager (CCM)

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
[RELEASE] Custom Content Manager (CCM)
Author: Message:
Yousef

(previously known as Juzzi)

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. [RELEASE] Custom Content Manager (CCM)
Update 5/3
Wow, I'm actually reviving one of my half-a-year-old beta's which has never been officially released yet! I've added some new stuff and improved some parts. Next to this it comes with an installer now. I'm aware Content Stealing uses quite some resources when you haven't cleared IE's cache for a long time. However, if you use WLM it will be faster.

It should actually be near-release now ;)

------------------

Hey,

Before I release this program to the public, I'd like to share it with you. Please notify me of any suggestions/problems.

Custom Content Manager, or CCM, is a 3-in-1 program focused on custom content in MSN Messnger. It's not a plugin, but a standalone program.

Content downloader
This is the main part of the program, and allows you to install hundreds of free display pictures, emoticons, and backgrounds. Just check any item you like, and they will be added to your own 'pack'. To add them to MSN fully automatically, just press the 'collect your pack' button. You can then specify all the shortcuts for all selected emoticons, and view/remove all selected items.

MCO Manager
You all know of those leaked winks/moods I suppose. You can download them and add them to msn one by one. The disadvantage is that having hundreds of winks in your account will slow down MSN Messenger. With this tool you can select a directory containing .mco files, and preview them. If you like an item, click the install button and it will be installed without the need of the usual mcoinstall.exe+vbruntimes.

Content stealer
Steal your contacts' display pictures/custom emoticons, and add them automatically to msn (or save them to disk). Allows you to specify emoticon shortcuts before adding them, as well as the option to use a DP directly as your own DP.
Now also works for Windows Live Messenger

Thanks to shrbr for designing most stuff!

More info + download: http://www.msgweb.nl/en/MSN_Projects/Custom_Content_Manager/

This post was edited on 05-06-2006 at 03:17 PM by Yousef.
Developer of BuddyFuse: Google Talk, Twitter and Hyves in Windows Live Messenger
Ex-Microsoft intern and Windows Live Developer MVP in 2007 & 2008
09-18-2005 05:31 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
_Humphreys
Veteran Member

24 / – / Flag
RE: Custom Content Manager (CCM) beta
It's a very good resource for all things MSN thanks. :)
AC3
09-18-2005 05:34 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Juzzi
[Image: content_stealer_small.jpg]

That's my dp in there:P Lol

Well I like this.

* Lou downloads
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
09-18-2005 05:40 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
quote:
Originally posted by Juzzi
[Image: content_stealer_small.jpg]

That's my dp in there:P Lol

Well I like this.

* lou_habs downloads

Cuz i told you on MSN that your DP was there and you said it wasent at first :dodgy:

Anyways im not a big fan or winks etc. But i could use for Custom Emoticons.
09-18-2005 05:48 PM
hexel

May 'the Google' be with you!

35 / Female / –
Err.. Is MCO Manager (2nd tab) supposed to have that "Unfortunately, the leaked MCO files are illegal to spread. Therefore, Msgweb.nl doesn't provide them. Try searching google on the following terms:" thing over there instead of what's on the screenshot?
09-18-2005 05:50 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Yousef

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Custom Content Manager (CCM) beta
quote:
Originally posted by hexel

Err.. Is MCO Manager (2nd tab) supposed to have that "Unfortunately, the leaked MCO files are illegal to spread. Therefore, Msgweb.nl doesn't provide them. Try searching google on the following terms:" thing over there instead of what's on the screenshot?
You're supposed to obtain the MCO files your self. You can find them on various places on the web, but it's illegal for me to spread them. Then you can select the directory on your hdd where the mco files are, and easily preview/install them.

This post was edited on 09-18-2005 at 05:56 PM by Yousef.
Developer of BuddyFuse: Google Talk, Twitter and Hyves in Windows Live Messenger
09-18-2005 05:55 PM
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
Won't let me download :(... Oh well... It performs an illegal operation... the first time one of my adware/spyware programs asked me if I wanted to allow it or not, so I said allow... and then it performed an illegal operation.... Then the next 2 times it just performed an illegal operation right away.

EDIT: Thanks Juzzi for helping me out with that!... Turns out you were right all I had to do was extract it to a folder.... See, I figured that it had an installer so I didn't have to extract it (like most plug-ins do) but I like the program and I'll be sure to tell you if I find any bugs or anything.

This post was edited on 09-18-2005 at 08:55 PM by qgroessl.
09-18-2005 07:39 PM
giken

Windows Live Butterfly

46 / Male / Flag
I'd like to test the mco manager thing..
anyone can pm me a good site to download mco files?
thanks in advance
09-19-2005 07:18 AM
Yousef

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Custom Content Manager (CCM) beta
Anyone knows whether it's legal to link to places where you can get leaked winks/moods? Providing them is illegal I suppose, but what about pointing to other places?
09-19-2005 03:53 PM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
horray i enjoyed testing it :) and shrbr enjoyed skinning it, it's really great work (y)
09-19-2005 03:56 PM
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: